Reviews for The March of Time
KeybladeTopHatMaster chapter 1 . 1/22
Wow...great idea for a story! I really didn't think of what would happen after Bruno died after I finished CV. Well written too, not too long, not too short. Good job. :D
The Mocking J chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
So I decided to look up the first PL fic ever submitted here. Then I find this beautiful, beautiful oneshot. Sometimes Curious Village doesn't get much attention, being the first in a series of six games now starring our top-hatted hero. Your writing makes me want to play Curious Village again and talk to all the eccentric but charming villagers. (I appreciate them so much more after reading this.)
This is a very sad outlook on what could have happened to St Mystere, though it seems inevitable. I'm tearing up right now ;_;
I know this was written way back in 2008... but it deserves more reviews. Thank you for sharing such a touching story!
MyBuizelIsCalledBurt chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Woah, deep. This is the best Layton fic I have ever read, and its not even 1000 words, which in this case isn't a bad thing. It is entirly true, and makes so much sence. It was so good, you are the best writer on here, and this was only 1000 words of it. Be expecting many more reviews from my direction, hopefully with this same content as this one.
SilverWingedGentleman chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
How beautiful...this story provides the closure needed for the story. Bruno is...was old, and we knew he would eventually die. And when he died we knew the town of St. Mystere would die, although we prefer not to think of it.

Yet, I find it strange that the citizens wouldn't try to figure out this puzzle...given that it is what they lived for... They may have been robots, but they did have compassion as well, so wouldn't they try to figured out the mystery of the deaths? To put up some resistance against time, no matter how futile?

I also believe Layton's name is spelled Hershel...minor point. Otherwise, I would have to say the story is grammatically flawless.

I really enjoyed this story. You wouldn't be interested in doing one for the Diabolical Box or Unwound Future would you?

So, I praise you for this wonderful story. 100 picarats.

Until next time,
SilverWingedGentleman
sjafreak chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Wow.

I decided to come and read the very first PL story just to see what it was like, and I couldn't have hoped for anything beter.

You have such an amazing way of getting your point across, so that it doesn't seem stupid or nonsensical, but you get the amount of sadness just right.

A truly great story.

-sjafreak
pigpuffpickle chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
*sob*
DeceptiveSoftness chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Oh this was a lovely piece of work. It was sad but beautifully written and, in all honesty, this is probably what did happen to poor St. Mystere once Layton and co left.

I remember finishing the game and wondering how long Bruno had left to live and who would maintain the townspeople once he'd died. It's wonderful to see a fanfiction about it.

Thanks for posting it.

x
Clydell Humphries chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
that was really good! because, once bruno died, they would all die. Flora should come and take all the gold now.
Jabraille chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Brilliant! I've often wondered how long the village would go on, given Bruno's age when Flora left.

You've laid it out very nicely. I like that you don't have the robots ever discover the truth about themselves. They just... fade. Like elves, except they're way more normal, except for being robots.

Good job!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I enjoyed it. Thank you oodles for writing it/
Supinde chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
...Wow.
Naddle chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Frankly, I'm just glad you had Bruno survive the crash. Then again, he was in the credits at the end. So maybe he made it.

Grim, but very nice and very probable.
Kati J chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Nice! I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps Layton and the others will come back and fix them someday.
lololol i'm anonymous chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Aww. It's likely, but sad to think about. I imagined that one day, one of them would realize they were robots and figure out how to fix each other or something. Haha.

Hmm, I wonder if the sequel also set in St. Mystere?
An Ordinary Fan chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
A tad depressing, of course, but not all stories are meant to be comedic. I dare say, this dramatic read was quite inspiring. Excellent work, chap!