Reviews for Actions Speak Louder
LilyAceThompson17 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Yay, a Kent and Sain story, with Kent and Lyn. XD

I love their interactions, I can really imagine them talking like this in a middle of them game. XD

I enjoyed and loved this very much.
SierralaineWalsh chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Hahaha. I had fun reading this. Conversation between Kent and Sain never fail to make me laugh. Good job. ;P
sadal suud chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
(Just to let you know, I'll probably be reviewing with this account instead of Fan Fan Girl from now on.)

It's been a while now, hasn't it? ;) I think I've gotten my act together though. So here I am. I'm going to try to keep this short so that I can get to the rest of your stories too. So maybe one or two thoughts overall.

So with this one, I thought that your strong point was definitely dialogue. The conversation between Sain and Kent was realistic and very entertaining. Nice.

[“It’s been more than a year, Kent. Why haven’t you said anything to her?”

He pauses mid-breath, shocked by Sain’s question. “I…don’t know,” he finally manages to say, his eyes darkening with confusion. “I just can’t.”

“What do you mean, you can’t? You’ve a tongue, haven’t you?”]

Hahaha! Sain wins!

And, oh gosh, can I ever relate to Kent's fear of rejection. *shakes head* Maybe I should take some lessons away from this story. Thank you very much, Manna!
FireEdge chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
As usual, I let my "To be read..." list rack up. But that's nothing new... _

Well, it IS a little different, since it's not an outright romance story between Kent and Lyn and is more of a friendship fic between Sain and Kent. Either way, this story put a huge smile on my face for two reasons. One, it's just one of those stories that just makes you happy because it's so well... not angsty XD. Secondly, it eerily reminds me of the first time I confessed my feelings to a boy I like. My friend gave me a very similar pep talk (it even matched the whole: "She'll be gone by the end of the month!" since this boy was graduating and it was June). So, I had a lot of fun reading this little ficlet!
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Wow, I was going through your profile when I saw this and realised I hadn't read this one!

It's very good, and very in-tune with the personnalities of Sain and Kent. I could imagine this scene taking place.

Good up the good work, I usually seem to enjoy your fics alot, you have a good writing style and especially a very good comprehension of the characters.

Good job
Wyrmseeker chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Hmm. This is pretty nice. Characterization is good, although Kent seems even a little too scared. Sain is done well, at any rate. Present tense is, again, a nice touch, although I get the feeling you use it more often than I think you do.

Your style is a bit too matter-of-fact here. I know that Ernest Hemingway used simple writing, and nobody likes it when someone shows off their vocabulary, but it still seems a bit too simplistic to really bring the subject to life. I guess the chief problem is that it's just not descriptive enough for me; I can't really see what they're doing aside from talking (and occasionally wiping their brows). If that's integral to the style of the piece, then you shouldn't just change it because I say so, but that's my main complaint. Anyway, it's not bad, no matter what I say.
Tempest Kiro chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Yayayayay!

Haven't read a good romance in a while! Thnx for the read!

T'was good! T'was excellent!

I do hope for another installment!
JonWain098 chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Very very nice. And you threw a bit of Sain/Fiora in there as well? I like it. Sain is my favorite Fire Emblem character to read stories about. Mostly because I relate to him best haha. Turned away by more ladies than I can count. :P
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I liked this one a lot. They were talking about Lyndis, but it was really about Sain and Kent, and that made it sweet. I couldn't find any inconsistencies, but the tense did seem off. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I haven't heared from you in a while. I'm glad you're back.
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
First of all, thank you for the dedication!

Nothing much to say, really. Loved the interaction between Sain and Kent. Your writing is as good as usual. And despite your claims, I think you write uplifting fics really well.

And you must write a sequel, really. The ride itself would be an interesting story in itself.
A very odd fellow chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Ah, enjoyed this immensely. I wouldn't mind overcoming this particular fear myself, though I'm most definitely a Sain-type personality. I'm just not yet brave (or stupid, depending on your interpretation) enough to take the initiative. Life would probably be a whole lot simpler if I did.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
AW! That was SO adorable! The interaction between Sain and Kent was really cute...oh, silly Sain...xD. I especially loved when Sain was telling Kent not to immediately fall to his knees and beg forgiveness after confessing his feelings-aka exactly what he does in Not Yet Finished? xD. ANYWAYS. You're right, that was a really great place to end the fic...but it made me so hungry for more. Seriously. Would you consider doing a sequel one-shot? Please? For me?

Anyways, keep writing! :-D
Qieru chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Oh! A dialogue-driven story! I'm right terrible at those, well, fairly terrible at dialogue in general, but it's refreshing to find a fic which carries itself so well with it. And in the present tense too. I'm certainly impressed, I found no conflict in tenses either. (Which is absolutely admirable. I often have the urge to slam my forehead into a wall until cracks form in one or the other when people have no respect for keeping to a single tense.) Your ability to show Kent's inner turmoil is no mean feat either. It's always a treat to read something which stays so true to a character.

Aw, he finally takes Sain's advice. x3 Granted, given Sain's nature, it's unsurprising that he would hardly find merit in previous suggestions.

The only thing I can really find as a grammatical error (and I could really not be looking hard enough, my brain is a little fizzled right now) is one you pointed to in my own story.

[hewants]

The running together of words due to italics.

Thazzit. :3 I know I'm not very verbose here or really good at dropping of a useful review, but I do enjoy your fics very much.

God Bless,