Reviews for Halo: Finishing the Fight
Every other chapter seems to feature some variant of:
"But unbeknownst to any of them, x has changed...but in time, they will come to feel the impact of y..."
A bit cringe, to be honest.
I’ve seen a couple people mention that humans aren’t Forerunner but the early part of the story appears to have been written before that particular retcon.
Sorry if it’s petty but Johnson isn’t an ODST. He’s a Marine, but ODSTs are a specific kind of UNSC Marine, same way as the Airborne or Rangers are specific “classes” within the US Army. Additionally, “Helljumpers” is the nickname for the 105th ODST Division, same as the 101st Airborne is known as the “Screaming Eagles”.
Guest chapter 34 . 12/5/2021
menzobaranzan is just one loth city and not even particulary one at that
TheCrystonian chapter 7 . 8/8/2021
Nice, Ten-Towns. Me and my friends are playing Iceland Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden so I'm very familiar with the area.
TheCrystonian chapter 3 . 8/8/2021
Warthog and by extension other human vehicles use hydrogen fuel cells. Do they just need water
A Sleeping Moon chapter 2 . 7/21/2021
First Contact established and it seems we got a good person discrimenated here... sounds like Shep2x.
A Sleeping Moon chapter 1 . 7/21/2021
Hmmm, interesting fic. Stumbled upon it tbh and I dont have any knowledge on the fantasy side of things franchise on this.

Though I am not one of the Halo vets so I'm not sure if the Arbiter's name was unknown back then. Cause it seems the Arbiter's name here is diff.
Cooldude101011 chapter 16 . 5/24/2021
So I’m guessing that they are in a alternate dimension/universe where gods and such actually exist?

Also Orna/Thel’s explanation about Humanity is inaccurate but it gets the point across. Humanity and Forerunners are two completely different species from different homeworlds. They just happen to look similar and might have similar internal structures in places. The Forerunners just passed the mantle of responsibility and the title/position of Reclaimers to Humanity.
Cooldude101011 chapter 10 . 5/24/2021
What? So they don’t use luminaries anymore? Also it makes sense for them to redesign their weapons to be more practical. Maybe they asked some human weapon designers to help.
Cooldude101011 chapter 9 . 5/24/2021
GDS?
Cooldude101011 chapter 2 . 5/24/2021
Is this a crossover?
Another halo fan chapter 47 . 5/1/2021
Been a kind of hobby of mine to read this before sleeping. Be real sad to end it as with a lot of things. Again it was a great read. - not a heavy reader
another halo fan chapter 47 . 5/1/2021
it's great. far greater than I expected. even the "villains" are fleshed out.

the direction you went with Master Chief and the change from halo 3's outcome of how those two survived. was far more logical and even better than I thought. halo 3 may be great but it IS guilty of going for the over-dramatic approach.

really tho I've only ever read 2 fanfics about halo, yours being 2nd one, the first one being Spartan Effect as it was recommended to me because, mass effect.

hope you're doing well.
Dunno chapter 10 . 4/26/2021
I know it’s been like 3 years but the elites don’t sound like elites. Saying human phrases? Sloppy. Also the arbiters name is wrong and you got the names of the sniper and hmg wrong.