Reviews for Dancing with Scissors
Cyrish chapter 37 . 7/8
THIS. IS. FUCKING. BEAUTIFUL. And this raving review is coming from a person who has been thoroughly spoiled by Forthright's and RosieB's legendary writing for yeaaars. Daaahling, thank you SO much for writing this masterpiece. Truly deserving of at least 3K reviews (wtf is wrong with people) but oh well. I was smitten with your writing from the very first chapter, but your very clever ways of weaving the canon details into this AU fic did not escape my notice. Light sabers in place of tetsusaiga vs tenseiga? AH! Eloquent. Even the part where you described Yasha's feet as if he had never worn shoes in his life.. Damn. Subtle yet strikingly accurate. I hope this doesn't come across as a stupid fangirling review or whatever. It's just that I've been around the IY fanfiction arena for quite a number of years and very few pull at my heart strings the way this fic has effortlessly done. And to think that you achieved it with such a humble setting.. WHOA. Not to say that your fic is lacking, it's just that this story is an AU fic which simply takes place in a modern city and depicts the lives of a few small families without many grand, fussy details on youkai heritage or heavy time travel physics analysis or whatever.. Yet the way things flow and flourish is just delicious and glorious. Congratulations on having such unbridled talent oozing from your very pores. I wish I knew you IRL girl. I'd love to have a female friend who also swears, swoons over the Inu brothers, adores Ghibli errthang, and even likes Fruits Basket! Aaah! I cannot tell you how many times your references got me wishing we were buddies.

Btw, a little curious here. You seem to know a lot about a lot of things. From music to cocktail recipes to labor details to sex stuff (nyiahaha) to pop culture. Personal experience/knowledge or the result of impeccable research?

One more thing, may I print your story to accompany my commute? I do love the feel of paper pages much more than scrolling a screen. :)
Seraya.sc chapter 37 . 6/24
This was a fantastic story! It kept me laughing and had the right amount of heart.
Tam chapter 37 . 5/30
This story is absolutely one of the best Sess/Kag stories out there. Not only do you give Sesshomaru and Kagome's a little something different as far as their characterization but you keep the things that I think are innately recognizable in them. And the supporting cast of characters...I could weep. Thanks for sharing!
Tam chapter 5 . 5/29
GIRL! I love this story, that is all.
insanity1911 chapter 37 . 4/26
Absolutely amazing. ...reading kept me busy for about a week..but I loved every part of it.
Sometimes I simply wanted to strangle Kagome...but it all made sense after all..and were plain normal human reactions. Fantastic.

P.s. loved peace treaty just as much
LovingPillow chapter 37 . 4/4
Woot! I finally got to finish this xD I love Kagome, Sesshomaru and Rin, and Benjiro *swoons and squeals* To be honest, and Mrs. Scarlet would agree with honesty (even if it's not in the same context xD), I cried and screamed and basically worried myself not to death, but to keep reading. I was honestly afraid of Kagura hurting Kagome, but they found a middle-place (or whatever that thing is called) and made a slightly fresh start, thank kami for that. Although I hate Kikyou, I love her and respect her in your fic. Inuyasha was awesome, and that contrast between his younger years and his older years was magnifique (I'm talking about the zombies, just to be clear). Miroku and Sango, love xD Bank and Jay (was it even Jay? I'm sorry, character names are swirling in my head, can't remember who showed up and who didn't) because they're awesome and they know it. I felt like I was there, witnessing everything without them knowing (creepy, I know, but you write it so that it makes me feel that way). And I love everything, the tension, the anxiety, angst, depression, joy, wonder, all of the emotions were captured so wonderfully in here, and I can only say (at least at this moment, the previous moments I've already said) that I love this, truly.
cnpeaches chapter 37 . 2/14
loved it. well worth reading. keep up the good writing and i'll look for more of your work. c'ya'
Completely Confunded chapter 1 . 2/6
Death is such a heartbreaking fate, isn't it? I spent a good hour or so on this chapter. It's kinda hard to read when every other sentence send tears to your eyes and leave you contemplating the nature behind dying.

Anyway, I'd say this deserves an instant favorite rather than waiting until finishing as usually happens.
OwlGirl98 chapter 37 . 1/24
This is so good... At the beginning i will admit that i was not completely head over heals in love with the plot and the characters but they absolutely grew on me. I feel so good after reading this as its been a while since i have seen a long running fic end so well - it just makes you feel like you have accomplished something, even though the truth is you spent the whole day in your room coming out only to eat and use the bathroom!
Thanks!
Sarah510 chapter 37 . 12/15/2015
It is an amazing story and I really enjoyed reading it.
AcctClerk23 chapter 22 . 11/3/2015
Excuse me while I throw my emotions into the a bottomless pit
AcctClerk23 chapter 18 . 11/3/2015
One plotter plotting is one thing, two plotters plotting, well this just screams of delicious evil
AcctClerk23 chapter 14 . 11/3/2015
"Cannot stop my evil giggling of delight"
AcctClerk23 chapter 10 . 11/2/2015
"Smooshing my face" Cannot handle Sesshy character development. My eyes are burning. This is a good place to stop for tonight.
AcctClerk23 chapter 9 . 11/2/2015
I am now just going to patiently, with numerous head bangs against the desk, continue to read these chapters waiting for Kagome to come clean about her identity as his beloved author.
1,904 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »