Reviews for Free Will and Fate
Anonymous9 chapter 46 . 12/22/2008
It's been a very long time since i actually did a long review. However, I think this story warrants it. While I applaud you of writing such a fascinating story with rich characters that is compatible with canon (especially with Hermione), I cannot see how Hermione can so easily (within days) see this Harry as the Harry she loved and knew for 4 yrs in Hogwarts. There should have been more mistrust on her side and more worried of what happened to her Harry because both did not know what happened to the original Harry of this timeline.

Also, another is how everyone, including your Harry can so easily accept himself as part of this timeline's community. Even with some basic theories of Time and the manipulation of, the Harry you have (main character, Original Harry) should be from another Timeline and that the one he exists in now is an 'alternate' of sorts. If so, all his fears and desires from Canon should be addressed, and more importantly, he is a totally different person from the Harry that is sick. The sick Harry has years of knowing about a semi-loving family and living a 'normal' magical life, as oppose to Original Harry, thus being a separate personality towards love ones and especially Hermione. Nevertheless, I must congratulate you on the idea that your Harry cannot 'go forward' in time because his alternate-self will soon die.

But in terms of personality your Harry would probably be unwilling to let the bed-ridden Harry to be killed (as it is his nature) nor let Neville shoulder the responsibility of being the Boy-Who-Lived. Time and again, Rowling has placed Harry as a character who would do whatever it is necessary to not bring pain towards others (exception would be Snape and Malfoy).

Finally, to believe all of these fascinating events (potion making, theories, walks, lots of physical contacts, memory viewing, etc) happen in 14 days is pushing a conscious reader's believability to the extreme.

Note: Maybe watching Back to the Future I and II can help you see the dilemma alternate and original timelines will create.
Bad Mum chapter 17 . 12/11/2008
Ooh, like the idea of using a Pensieve. And Tonks is always a good thing in any story.
Bad Mum chapter 16 . 12/11/2008
Ah! I just want to give "dear" old dumbles a good sLAP.

Love how you portray harry;s confusion about his relationships with Hermione and Ron in this chapter. He must be missing Ron terribly.

Great stuff.
RavenclawRebel chapter 46 . 11/15/2008
This is really great! I can't wait to read marked!
RavenclawRebel chapter 27 . 11/15/2008
What happened with the scars? And how would it start bleeding?
RavenclawRebel chapter 25 . 11/15/2008
The Half-Blood Prince?
RavenclawRebel chapter 23 . 11/15/2008
I love it!
RavenclawRebel chapter 22 . 11/15/2008
Yay! Dumbledore!
RavenclawRebel chapter 21 . 11/15/2008
Aww! That was a great chapter!
RavenclawRebel chapter 20 . 11/15/2008
This is awesome! keep up the good work!
RavenclawRebel chapter 17 . 11/14/2008
love it love it love it!
RavenclawRebel chapter 12 . 11/14/2008
I really really like this!
RavenclawRebel chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
This is a really good idea! I can't wait to read the other chapters!
Primus2021 chapter 22 . 11/12/2008
I would like to know where the Hell Remus & Sirius are at, and how they could let Lily marry Snape.

Primus2021
noylj chapter 2 . 11/8/2008
If Harry has taken the place of this world's Harry, I hope you tell us where he went. Why would Herms go back down to dinner? Harry is the one who is hungry. Right now, things are very confusing.
426 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »