Reviews for Free Will and Fate
Witherwings01 chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
Holy Hipogriffs! I'm speechless, and trust me...that never happens to me. Here's hoping my lunch journey is long enough to get to the meat of the story and start getting some answers.

Loving it!
Witherwings01 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Anything inspired by Lorien goes to the top of my list of must read fanfics. Great start...looking forward to seeing where you go (went) with this.

Wings.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 30 . 10/27/2011
Great work.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 46 . 10/2/2011
And so this story comes to an end.

As I've already said in previous reviews, the characterisations in this story have been one of it's strong points, and that continued right up until the end. I really felt all the emotions that everyone was feeling in this chapter, and in my totally unprofessional opinion, that's the mark of a good story.

I'm... not entirely sure how I feel about what went down with Snape. Storywise, I can appreciate that you weren't afraid to go there, but I think I was kind of disappointed that Harry went through with it in the end.

On the other hand, I thought you handled the aftermath and the effects Snape's death had on the other characters (even the ones who would have happily killed them himself) really well, so kudos for that.

Suffice to say, I'm definitely interested to see where you've taken this story in the sequel, especially given that there are now two Harry Potters in this world.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 45 . 10/2/2011
There was so much about this chapter that I really liked, in spite of all the conflict. Actually, no, *because* of it.

From Hermione trying to get Harry to understand that what he did wasn't right (necessary, maybe, but not right), to Lily's difficulties accepting everything that's gone on... It all struck me as being realistic, given the circumstances. I mean, of course Lily isn't immediately going to come to terms with it all. Especially considering there are now two Harrys.

Another thing that really stood out to me was Sirius's comment at the end about Harry being really bitter. I'm not sure why, it just made me a little sad. Probably because, given all that he's been through, his bitterness isn't much of a surprise.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 44 . 10/2/2011
Whoa... okay, let me just say, I honestly didn't think Harry would actually do it. On the other hand, he's been talking about it for how many chapters now? I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

On a completely unrelated note... it's bad that I actually forgot Draco existed, isn't it? Although his scenes with Bellatrix certainly reminded me pretty quickly. I'm definitely intrigued by whatever it is Bella has planned - I'm glad she didn't end up rotting in Azkaban.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 43 . 10/2/2011
Wow. You weren't kidding about the suspense. I was practically on the edge of my seat throughout this entire chapter. So much tension!

Probably the best part has to be the scenes with Lily. You've done a really good job developing her as an actual character, considering she only ever made brief appearances in the books, and never alive.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 23 . 10/2/2011
Okay, I thought Bellatrix was scary, but Minister Dumbledore is damn frightening. I don't know what, exactly, it is, but there's just something about the way you've written him that makes it hard for me to trust him.

Maybe it's just the idea of Dumbledore with that much power... What's that old saying? Power corrupts? Dumbledore's past proved that he was certainly corruptable.
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 14 . 10/1/2011
Okay, I was planning on read the entire story before I reviewed, but I had to say this: I love your portrayal of Bellatrix. She's always been one of my favourite characters, and for some reason I really enjoy the idea that she was able to weasel her way into a teaching position at Hogwarts.

And the rumours about what she does with some of the more handsome male students? Classic Bella! Like I said, I really love this portrayal. And she's all the more frightening because she hasn't been driven mad by her time spent in Azkaban.
Unknown2you chapter 46 . 8/16/2011
been reading since midnight its now 5 am, has some technical difficulties with harrypotterfanfiction so i came over here,

Well Worth it, thank you for your awsome story! 3 3
Drifter950 chapter 46 . 7/6/2011
Dammmn!

I don't think that time traveling Harry gets it. It's not the first person that gets eliminated. It's the secondary/copy/clone that is sacrificed. And Dumbledore already has it planned.

Harry(T) (T traveler) has been told there is going to be consequences for killing Snape. So sorry, but the Geezergamot does not know about all the circumstances. So Harry(T) will be charged with the murder of Snape ... unless ... Remember that plan back when about Harry(T) going back, taking the note, and go back to the way it was, and make a new future from there.

Member all that Harry(T) told Hermione bout Dumbledore's plans to use Harry(T)/Neville to be a martyr for the cause. Dumbledore can't allow that to get bruited about. That's a real political career killer, that is! So Harry(T) gets persuaded to go back (maybe with a few implanted commands). Two or three oblat ... obli ... memory charms. Um, make the 6 or 7. Every things back under his thumb, and he's comfortable again.

And there is the sequel. Anyone want to bet I am not even close.

(Snort) Thanks for darn good story. I look forward to seeing what your sequel really is.

May the MUSE always be with you!

~.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 6/25/2011
Things have really changed.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Ack! Excellent idea for a story!
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 46 . 4/8/2011
Excellent, but complex, story. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 38 . 4/8/2011
I'm having a hard time imagining that the head of any government (Dumbledore) would even consider personally administered justice rather than using the powers of government that he is sworn to uphold.

I'm also having a bit of difficulty with the idea that just any Harry will do for Hermione, and she feels she can just take up in their love life where she left off with very little concern for where this Harry is in their relationship. I know she's always been pushy and insensitive, but even so, this seems somehow "wrong" for her.
431 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »