Reviews for Regrets
CosmicBeing chapter 3 . 5/27
Yeah shove it back up your ass you filthy Kishimoto lover.
Pink ranger 13 chapter 1 . 4/17
It's great story
LiquidQ chapter 5 . 3/2
This is absurdly lazy of you to simply call it off as naruto being forgiving rather than create some conflict. Naruto punched his father when he first him I highly doubt he would forgive his mother within seconds of learning that she had abondoned him.
corbinskydragon1 chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
This story is awesome. If you ever another I can't wait to read it.
Gemini-Spark chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
naruto shouldn't forgive kushina so easily he grew up 13 years without love he should be more angry
dispassioneight chapter 11 . 6/15/2014
...I'm glad people call Kushina out on being a shit mom. But, I still think Naruto accepts her too easily. His initial reaction was on target and should have taken longer to dissipate. But, what do I know.

Everyone was written well, it's a good fic regardless.
Gold Testament chapter 3 . 5/13/2013
Uh oh
Drac-frst chapter 12 . 4/30/2013
Ran into this when I was going through someone else's favorites list and realized I'd read this before. Reread it anyway since it was short, and was irritated once again by the same thing that irritated me the first time I read it. While a theme of the Naruto manga seems to be "sacrifice everything for your goals and damn the consequences," (from Minato condemning Naruto to save Konoha to Sasuke and Orochimaru's "I want what I want and I'll kill everyone in my way" mentality) the bottom line is that it just is /not/ ok to abandon your newborn son. Period! If Kushina has this drive to find her clan, why not at least take care of the bit she knows exists - her son? Either take him with you and /not/ dive into nests of ninjas for a couple years or just wait a couple years for him to actually be able to walk and remember you before you run off. And the whole "lets not talk to him ever, much less visit despite the fact that I'm wandering all over the continent and would, by definition, have to come at least somewhat close to fire country once in a while" bit... It's clear you're stretching to try to make the story accommodate what happens in the manga up to a certain point, but it's just a knot of unpleasant concepts there. People who are as nice as you're trying to portray Kushina do not simply abandon their children, even if they think they're just abandoning them to other people rather than abandoning them entirely. It's just that this idea of abandoning your own helpless newborn to go on a completely self-serving trip and then coming back and suddenly everything's fine... rubs me the wrong way. Although Naruto being as dumb and unrealistically forgiving as he is, sadly the part about him forgiving her pretty quickly fits with the travesty that passes for character development in the manga.
Agato - The Hadou Inari chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
Go to hell you little Canon loving bitch.
Rake1810 chapter 10 . 12/9/2012
I like the reconciliation.
Rake1810 chapter 6 . 12/9/2012
People in glass houses? I fully admit i don't like her and so maybe i'm just missing a point, but isn't she being hypocritical as well?
Rake1810 chapter 5 . 12/9/2012
I'm glad i didn't review the last chapter cause I really like seeing a bit more of Kushina but honestly, the woman isn't feeling guilty enough. Cleaning up Mist for 5 years? I'll give the looking for Uzumaki thing a bye, especially if she thought Rin and Kakashi would be looking after Naruto but helping clean up a foreign nation she has no ties with over going back to her son is a bit much, especially if she knew of Akatsuki.
Rake1810 chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Awkward and amusing. Great chapter even if the cliffhanger was predictable.
Rake1810 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
Why does Kushina think he's going to have a good life? She put him in a adoption home herself. If Naruto were to be treated as the son of the Fourth, for security if nothing else, there is no way he'd be in an orphanage.
Rexnos chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
Redemption is a funny thing. There's three aspects to it; whether you want it, whether it can be feasibly obtained, and whether you want it enough to make the sacrifices necessary to obtain it.

The first part is pretty straight forward. Do you feel bad about what you did? If so, step one of obtaining redemption is complete. You just have to want it. If you fail this step, you just might be a horrible monster in the making.

Step two is a lot more complicated. Is it possible to be forgiven for the horrible thing you've done? This is a very loaded question I've found, mostly because it's subjective. Some people will view the horrible thing as forgivable, while others will find it so monstrous that it's more like a moral event horizon. There's just no coming back from it.

I figure that's going to be an issue here. Even though you like Kushina and feel she can be redeemed, many readers may not. To be honest, I'm still not sure. No matter what kind of oaths and declarations you make, circumstances change. Just because it was important to Kushina for her to find whatever remained of her clan before, doesn't mean it should have been more important than her son. On top of that, she was gone for more than a decade. For all intents and purposes, she was gone when Naruto needed her most. Naruto is certainly forgiving and understanding, but that's a pretty huge let down.

Anyway, I'm reserving judgment until I see what Kushina will do about part three. What is she willing to do to make amends? If she really wants to make things up to Naruto now, she'd better be bending over backwards for him for the foreseeable future. I really can't iterate just how seriously she dropped the ball. The responsibilities a mother or father has to their children, and the reciprocal later on, only really end at death. There's really no excuse for her abandonment short of death, no matter how she's rationalized it. She dropped her end of the bargain, Naruto is perfectly justified in feeling nothing for her.

Anyway, I still can't decide how I feel about Kushina, but this fic is pretty deep. I'm looking forward to seeing how far Kushina is willing to go to make amends.