Reviews for Changing of the Guard
MissMJS chapter 49 . 10/2
I’ve read this twice now. Who knew the second reading would be even better than the first?
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! (I had to exclaim something, since my reviews hardly come without one xD)
angelacardozo88 chapter 31 . 8/29
I must say, you might be my favorite writer. Thank you for developing such intricate characters.
unfittingpuzzlepieces chapter 50 . 7/13
Wow this story is so incredibly well done. I love how the text really makes it clear which persona is talking when it's Harrys mind, and how Dracos deductions to find out whom he's talking to are followable. I love the amount of lines of conflict and perspectives in the story. I love how sanity is defined as the ability to find your way back to yourself, not the inability to lose your way for a bit, and how sanity does not fully require self reliance. How having to lean on another person is seen as not just acceptable but as as natural as standing on your own. How no relationship relies on instant insight on everything but rather on trust in giving and receiving informationor not.
SarahLuzie chapter 50 . 3/13
This is a totally awesome story.
purpleradiance chapter 1 . 3/8
I don't like HPDM, but this story is intriguing!
Nella Moonblood Royalle chapter 1 . 3/4
Oohhh dayumm tis cho good... X)
snapingdarcy chapter 50 . 2/22
I really enjoyed the story. The writing style was a little convoluted at time but the essence of the message was good. I'm not quite sure where Nusante's sense of entitlement came from but hopefully he will soon get over it. I'm glad you ended the story with the battle still waging on because it is reflective of the currents battles that are still ongoing. I really appreciated the fleshing out of Harry and Draco. Good job!
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 50 . 2/1
Wow. That was an epic tale. Like, truly epic - emotionally, politically, EVERYTHING. You have an incredible imagination, and I absolutely love the characters - especially Harry, ALL of Harry - and world you have created here. I loved it all. Thank you so much for sharing.
I love would you created here. Especially the first chapters filled with oposing mind games were incredible. After everything settled between Draco and Harry and thus the story became calmer it lost that little addicting edge that made it beyond extraordinary. It was still really good.
I look forward to reading more from you and am glad that I found a story I want to return to. And I will, especially if the need for some tension will get to me.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 31 . 1/25
I loved this. From Harry's conversation as Elizabeth to the last kiss, this was a good chapter.
AnyankaEllie chapter 50 . 1/17
That was a tense and very interesting story. And I liked that in this story you wrote about a society where gay couples are banned ni fact. It was interesting to read, thank you.
sucinquee chapter 50 . 1/17
W.o.w.
I couldn't stop reading.
And I absolutely loved it.
Especially how things started to come together closer to the end. There were explanations,and they were good and believable. Great even. And it was all very balanced, for example I wouldn't have seen/realised the how bad Harry's mental health might be-or any danger to it- without Hermione being the part that she was- even though at the start,and being sympathetic to Harry, I would have liked her to be nice to him,not run off to the healers,etc.
Also I love taking ideas,small pictures, sometimes just words that I find in fiction as metaphors for real life. Uff, I fear that might not have made any sense to anyone but me. I do know that fiction isn't real life,of course, and that and that writer's often make use of what they call creative licence. And anyway it would be dangerous to take anything completely one-to-one as to real and only truth. So I hope I always avoid that.
But I loved the "solution" you, or rather your Draco found, to start Harry gaining confidence, to realise that he has all those talents and is everyone in a sense and that he could gain self-confidence from that that.
And to me, I love the picture that formes in my mind behind that, where a person with different excused, hiding behind different feelings/masks/etc might draw .nevermind if that didn't make sense,at least it's lead me to the following words,that hopefully express what I also feel towards your story:

Like Harry, although only maybe in a small way in single situations, I,and probably most everyone, have also hidden some things,sometimes.
And -at least in my reading experience- your tale is very encouraging and empowering .(on top of being entertainment and a great delightful read;)
So thank you very much! :)
[And now I'm getting just a little restless. I wanna go out there and make use of that unexpected strength &good mood I'm suddenly filled with and put IIT to good use:] so cute!
Rubinaaimin chapter 50 . 1/4
really good and interesting story
PsychWard158 chapter 26 . 12/28/2016
I have to say, I really liked the story and where you were going with it, but having Draco get arrested because of the outdated laws Lucius was looking up is a cop-out here, the easy way out. You did an absolutely fantastic job of writing Harry with all his different personas, though there were a few times when I was confused about who was in charge, Harry or Brian. I would have liked seeing what Draco tried to do to find Harry before remembering that he sent his elf to follow an owl sent to Harry's house. (Sorry, I'm bad at writing reviews until the very end of a story...)
MissMJS chapter 50 . 12/28/2016
Holy shit, I cannot even express how much I adored this! It was my complete obsession for the past three fucking days! OBSESSION!
Beautiful, complex, angsty, humorous, and EVERYTHING!
Bravo, truly. Bravo.

P.S. "Look, Draco. No hands" that took me a day to get, and when I finally actually understood, I was at work and had to repress my laughter! So funny yet sexy! xD
3,438 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »