Reviews for What I was
Fosterrrrr chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
This must be one of the best works I've ever read!
BSparrow chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
That was a really, really, really great little story! It made perfect sense to me, it was like being in Billy's head and I could hear his voice while I was reading. It's obvious that you were able to climb right into the character while you were writing this, you did an excellent job. :)
Kirachi chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Great little story here. I couldn't keep my eyes from the page, it was very well written. It's like reading a mini version of a novel about the movie.

I really like that you invoke the softer side of Billy, the side that hurts and gets hurt, this side of him is very rarely written about and I think you captured it perfectly.

"“Do I look dead?” Another crazy little laugh. It masked the pain." - like this, very fitting and telling.

Of course just like everyone else I love taht last segment:

"I was a hero.

I was a god.

I was a legend.

I was courageous.

I was loyal.

I was Billy the Kid.

And I lived life with only one guarantee. I'll make ya famous."

I'd love to read more from you, in fact I'm off to review your new story ;)
An-Outlaw-A-Lady chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Aw, you're makin' me blush :D *goes red* I'm glad you liked it. :)
Hopala-tralala chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Gosh, you are great, you know that? I think you are even better in prose then you are in poetry!

One thing is certain: you write with a heart. With lots of passion and I sure like that. So emotional, deep and touching. As if you really was Billy himself, it was just so convincing. It seems he has a great influence on you...but the character I believe is just that powerful, and you put him perfectly in this story. Please please write more. Its as if I read my heart in your writing. Thats got to carry on for something.
EmiliosLoofah chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Damn, this was hella good!

:D

There are so many quotes I want to put in here, but jeeze, I don't have ALL day! *laughs*

I LOVE the ending...this I WILL quote!

"I was a hero.

I was a god.

I was a legend.

I was courageous.

I was loyal.

I was Billy the Kid.

And I lived life with only one guarantee. I'll make ya famous."

This was totally AWESOME!

Beth :)