Reviews for Taking Sights
Anon chapter 1 . 10/26
Congratulations. You made me hate Rei.

Oh and of course reading the comments people hate Shinji it's starting to make me wonder why they even bothered reading this if they can't try to sympathize with him.
Mobiusman3 chapter 3 . 6/18
As much as he's fighting it, Gendo just might be a salvageable human being.
Enlightened Middle C chapter 23 . 5/23
I see... I've actually never seen a story where Kensuke is an Eva pilot. Don't fuck it up. It looks interesting and unique. God, I sound like that one guy from Curious George.
PopthePuff chapter 23 . 2/23
The best Eva fanfic
actually the best fanfic
nevermind that its not finished and quite possibly never will be
its already the best, so thank you for writing this, its been a great experience, and unlike so many other fanfics of nge, actually felt like Eva
I do hope you may return to it one day, eventually.
Valikdu chapter 23 . 3/23/2015
*two glowing red eyes appear inside a dark entry plug*
I want the story.
WRITE IT NOW!

*The Beast 3*
kinigget chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
oh you *asshole*
FelipeFritschF chapter 23 . 11/28/2014
Top-notch writing and characterization here. I think it's really interessting how who exactly is the Peggy Suer can affect things. Gendo might be trying to fix things, but he still does it the only way he knows how and is used to: by being a ruthless, manipulative bastard. He tries to get closer to Shinji, but he is so abhorent in it that he ends up actually triggering his son's hate. I mean, "Time to move in for the kill... 'I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm proud of you, Shinji'"? Well, no fucking wonder Shinji feels he is just being played again. What reasons does he have to believe Papa's being honest?

Also, how some fatalities can affect, things. Asuka being the prime example. She is so excited for her first battle that she goes on an almost suicidal attack just to feel awesome, and ends up screwing things up royally. Without Shinji to impress (and somewhat aid her), due to a small detail Gendo misses (he is human after all, thanks Gainax for multidimensional characters), she doesn't bother exhibiting herself to him so much and lets her own flaws play a role. This cascades further down the story. As a LAS man, I'm really saddened by how toxic they relationship has become at such an early point. I mean, Sandalphon, aka The Lame Angel? No first kiss this time, let alone shipping.

Also, Gendo and Kozo's friendship as Heterosexual Life-Partners is AWESOME. The barely friendly, barely threatning teasing, jokes and remakrs are just perfect.

Too bad its dead/dormant. I do understand that at this point it might seem hard to fathom how the story can progress, and after all fanfic authors are just normal people with normal, probably busy lives doing this for fun. Regardless, one of the greatest pieces of all Eva fics.
asaxander740 chapter 23 . 6/23/2014
PLEASE POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!
CMVreud chapter 14 . 5/9/2014
Holy SH**f**k, you write them wonderfully disfunctional.
CMVreud chapter 11 . 5/4/2014
I suspected it in earlyer chapters, but now-
You use Google-translate, right?
CMVreud chapter 10 . 5/4/2014
Now that's a prime example of "burn-every-bridge-and-start-a-new-game".
But at last he'll be no wimp for Asuka, right? Right?!
joe chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
well i read a book not this one i will talk about the other book. hope no one is upset
ChaddyManPrime chapter 23 . 3/10/2014
I loved that subtle jab at Taboo Parallel XD
Anon chapter 8 . 1/9/2014
The answering machine bit is GOLD.
DEBob19 chapter 14 . 12/14/2013
You are great at reminding me that aside from being a pussy, Shinji also has OTHER traits that make hate him. Like being a moron. Boo hoo, no one understands me and my life MUST be worse than everyone else's! Why yes, when you don't bother trying to move on, or try to connect with other people, or have more backbone than a doormat, no one is going to even want to try to understand you and your life is going to suck. Fuck you. Gendo had that part right.