Reviews for Taking Sights
Valikdu chapter 23 . 3/23
*two glowing red eyes appear inside a dark entry plug*
I want the story.
WRITE IT NOW!

*The Beast 3*
kinigget chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
oh you *asshole*
FelipeFritschF chapter 23 . 11/28/2014
Top-notch writing and characterization here. I think it's really interessting how who exactly is the Peggy Suer can affect things. Gendo might be trying to fix things, but he still does it the only way he knows how and is used to: by being a ruthless, manipulative bastard. He tries to get closer to Shinji, but he is so abhorent in it that he ends up actually triggering his son's hate. I mean, "Time to move in for the kill... 'I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm proud of you, Shinji'"? Well, no fucking wonder Shinji feels he is just being played again. What reasons does he have to believe Papa's being honest?

Also, how some fatalities can affect, things. Asuka being the prime example. She is so excited for her first battle that she goes on an almost suicidal attack just to feel awesome, and ends up screwing things up royally. Without Shinji to impress (and somewhat aid her), due to a small detail Gendo misses (he is human after all, thanks Gainax for multidimensional characters), she doesn't bother exhibiting herself to him so much and lets her own flaws play a role. This cascades further down the story. As a LAS man, I'm really saddened by how toxic they relationship has become at such an early point. I mean, Sandalphon, aka The Lame Angel? No first kiss this time, let alone shipping.

Also, Gendo and Kozo's friendship as Heterosexual Life-Partners is AWESOME. The barely friendly, barely threatning teasing, jokes and remakrs are just perfect.

Too bad its dead/dormant. I do understand that at this point it might seem hard to fathom how the story can progress, and after all fanfic authors are just normal people with normal, probably busy lives doing this for fun. Regardless, one of the greatest pieces of all Eva fics.
asaxander740 chapter 23 . 6/23/2014
PLEASE POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!
CMVreud chapter 14 . 5/9/2014
Holy SH**f**k, you write them wonderfully disfunctional.
CMVreud chapter 11 . 5/4/2014
I suspected it in earlyer chapters, but now-
You use Google-translate, right?
CMVreud chapter 10 . 5/4/2014
Now that's a prime example of "burn-every-bridge-and-start-a-new-game".
But at last he'll be no wimp for Asuka, right? Right?!
joe chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
well i read a book not this one i will talk about the other book. hope no one is upset
ChaddyManPrime chapter 23 . 3/10/2014
I loved that subtle jab at Taboo Parallel XD
Anon chapter 8 . 1/9/2014
The answering machine bit is GOLD.
DEBob19 chapter 14 . 12/14/2013
You are great at reminding me that aside from being a pussy, Shinji also has OTHER traits that make hate him. Like being a moron. Boo hoo, no one understands me and my life MUST be worse than everyone else's! Why yes, when you don't bother trying to move on, or try to connect with other people, or have more backbone than a doormat, no one is going to even want to try to understand you and your life is going to suck. Fuck you. Gendo had that part right.
Akuma-Heika chapter 2 . 10/29/2013
Will your Gendo love Shinji?
Hypothetical Spiritual Entity chapter 23 . 10/23/2013
This is the best time-travel Evangelion fic I've read (not as narrow a criteria as one would think). I like how you handle the charecters, I like the interactions between them, and I really like how they are, in some ways, actually screwed over worse than in the canon. Also, this story contains some of the funniest scenes I've seen or read about in anything related to NGE. So, even though I have a decent guess on the topic, I'm very curious whether you'll suddenly decide to pick up this story again or if it's dead for good. I'm resisting the urge to do a necromancy joke about seeing Shinji's first date ("You can't spell 'necromancer' without 'romance'!"). I think I'll just cling to the hope that you'll get a sudden, inexplicable, irresistable urge to continue this story soon (or at least eventually).
Wzd JA chapter 23 . 6/8/2013
This story is awesome. I really hope you decide to finish it some day.
hga chapter 17 . 6/3/2013
"Absentmindedly curling and uncurling her right hand..." You're very evil.

And you've managed to significantly escape one of The Stations of the Canon in one of the most rigid of canons ("Many have described the EVA canon as one of the most stiff and rigid to bend for fanfic purposes without going to full blown Alternate Continuity." - tvtrope g)