Reviews for Taking Sights
Jozern chapter 23 . 5/14/2012
Holy damn I loved this. Best parts were when Gendo was manipulating this and the dialogue between him and Fuyutsuki chatting. However the later chapters which started to incorporate more comic into the mix slowly started to eat away at the dark brilliance of gendo's plan. Mayby next i'll try to look for a happier toned Shinji isn't pafetic like in canon story. Please come back to this. I'm really loving it and story of this level just cries out for more content.
thecrackfox chapter 6 . 5/10/2012
damn your a subtle mastermind splitting up hikari and toji like that
AiSard chapter 23 . 4/9/2012
love the fic. current arc is a bit.. lackadaisal compared to the last one.. and for a time there was a thought at the back of my head that you had completely ruined the dynamic of the Children, that somewhere along the line you had tripped up and they have developed alarmingly along the wrong paths. wasn't going to mention that of course, but last chapter and especially this chapter put it all back to rights (not sure if thats just masterful fixing or if you just planned it all along actually..) Asuka has always been volatile, but Shinji?.. well, his quick peptalk with Fuyutsuki was actually really informative, and put a lot of his seemingly deteriorating personality in perspective, making it a matter of plot and character development (very poignant one at that) rather than a failure in writing or planning ahead.

On a different note, future!Asuka's increased screen time is a bit disturbing for some reason. I suppose its the fact that she acts almost like how some authors inject OOC characters in to their ANs and, following that line of thought, it feels almost like a breaking of the fourth wall, with how she's breaking in to their dreams and acting arbitrarily. Not that it is of course, just feels like it. That scene with the dummy clones developing bruise marks around their necks? yea, that freaked me the fuck out to be honest p

Anyways, really love the fic, I was scared at multiple points in the fic that you might have been meaning the summary literally (of how everything'll go wrong in the end) still not quite sure if it will actually.. hopefully it'll reach a somewhat good end anyways. update soon )
Doomsought chapter 23 . 4/3/2012
Actually, in this case, violence is the answer. Asuka should have killed those bastards. Dead.
Archnecromancer King chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Very interesting. Unlike what I thought this your new interpretation of Gendo is not based on his other work, but is also well written.

You chose a defining moment of Gendo for me in the Evangelion to start your story. The image of Unit 00 hitting the armored glass and the Bastard King immovable, insanely confident, looking at everything as if the EVA was a fly walking on the window, amaze me.

How a man may react this way in this situation?

Answer: It's easy when he is not thinking and not living in human terms. He thinks he's a god.

Thank you for making the situation more realistic, in canon, Gendo left unscathed and even seemed bored with the EVA for daring to lift his hand against him.

The part of the rescue of the Rei was the one that made me curious. In the original there were three possibilities for the occasion:

In the first, Anno wanted to create a scene where Gendo seemed heroic to show "that Gendo was not so evil".

The second was a gambit, on a test so dangerous why there was not a rescue team with firefighters and paramedics? Even in car tests exist safety protocols and EVAs have a history of problems greater than any car. Moreover, as he came first to the Rei through all the stairs? He is a man of almost 50 years in the form and not a marathon runner. And no technician or workers tried to help the girl with a fire extinguisher?

The third was incompetence, Gendo tends to be lax in many aspects (the package comes to think of himself as a god) and EVA people seem to live trusting in luck.

The part that Gendo has his collapse and epiphany, was strange for me. I think you have a very romantic vision of how this Gendo was: an anti-hero who was fighting to regain his lost love. I never thought about him in these terms. I always thought he was a complete monster who also wanted his wife back and others, far less noble, objectives, too. I have to read further to understand how the head of this version work.

Thank you for sharing this story with us, good luck with your life and work and his muse always bless you.

P.S.: Forgive my poor English , I'm still studying.
Archnecromancer King chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I read your "Better Luck Next Time" and thought it was very well written, although I believe you have an exaggerated view of Gendo. He was always a villain avatar, protected and guarded wholeheartedly by the author. He had more Plot Armor that Sasuke from Naruto, Aizen of Bleach and Naraku of Inuyasha together. I am extremely curious to see how he will try to recreate his dream of becoming a god and reshape all human souls, including Yui, according to your wishes, now that he has knowledge the future.

P.S.: I hope he has the decency to kill his son rather than let the unfortunate to the madness.
aegisZero chapter 23 . 3/16/2012
Loved this story! So sad that its been so long since an update.
Shadow eXtreme chapter 7 . 2/7/2012
"Don't drop the soap, son."

BEST. LINE. EVER.
Piratefish chapter 11 . 1/17/2012
HoboHoboHoboHobo
GroveWolf chapter 23 . 12/24/2011
good story i actually started reading this because of gregg landsman's nobody dies. but its been almost two years since you've updated and thats just shameful. either give it over to someone maybe gregg, or complete it or abandon it.
GroveWolf chapter 10 . 12/24/2011
great writing, when shinji actually left and you wrote about the end of the shinji arc i thought you meant that shinji wasn't coming back, i want to add that it seems that you havent updated in a year? i know i'll find out eventually but is it complete? if not id like for it to be done by the time i get there. but a good story, it veers a bit but thats part of the fun.
AvalanchCXVII chapter 23 . 12/6/2011
Amazing story, your structure, the manner in which the scenes switch between times and perspectives is really outstanding. Your characterisation is another highlight, this is simply amazing.

Great story is an understatement, I'm really looking forward to when you drop the remaining ten chapters all at once.
Crystal shadow7 chapter 23 . 11/2/2011
I enjoyed reading this and hope there is an update, thanks
ddeei chapter 7 . 9/13/2011
GO go Shinj lets go. You're getting your balls boy boy.
Unsigned chapter 23 . 9/11/2011
WAFF for the win!

This fic becomes more and more crackish every chapter.
372 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »