Reviews for Taking Sights
skip chapter 23 . 6/5/2011
UPDATE DAMN YOU!
Jarik Tentsu chapter 23 . 3/7/2011
Best Eva fic I've read so far.

Initially I thought it was somewhat of a gimmick, something which would fall into something cheesy with Shinji and Gendo embracing with stars and flowers everywhere, or more of a crackfic type thing.

But this is actually very well written and I love the way well, Gendo is still an asshole. The plot, the writing style, the characterization, the narrative all makes it very interesting to read what is really, a fairly slow moving plotline.

I really hope you keep it up.

Cheers,
Pump Maeson chapter 23 . 3/7/2011
Wooooow. This is a really, really good story. It's funny, and interesting. It keeps me on the edge of my seat, waiting to find out what will happen next. I think the relationships between the characters are the best part.

I hope it gets updated soon though. It's too good to just leave it hanging, though I could certainly understand why it might. Writing can be a chore sometimes...

Regardless, I can not wait to find out what will happen next! I kind of wish the story could just go on forever, really, but I digress...

Anyways, the point is, you've written a really awesome story, and I really like it. And also, I hope you update it soon - it's just that damn good.
Janrok24 chapter 23 . 2/17/2011
This fic was very fun to read! I hope it gets updated, eventually!
xander chapter 23 . 1/22/2011
wow cool story, but i dont c the gendo shinji relation gettn bettr...why? if u ever continue this fic
Heyo chapter 7 . 11/14/2010
Haha the part with Shinji's thought process with the soap was hilarious. This is a good story.
ArkT chapter 23 . 10/29/2010
personaly? i think this fic needs to be...darker. not like emo or stuff like that. i mean angst, blood, gore etc. certain plot points of this fic really lack. Like Asuka piloting unit 1, for instance

Why did Unit 1/Yui/Lilith allow her to pilot? theres no reason.

another thing, this Fiction is classified as a shinji And Gendo (no homo) fic, so breaking a Large Arc to just Asuka is uncalled for.

Shinji hating Rei, ok yeah i can see that. but why does Rei hate shinji? Rei is mostly an emotionless doll. the Third had more emotions then the second at the end, so why does the second: who never went through the reverie in episode 5; hate shinji? theres no point

Qith the asuka bit, id suggest taking her whole Arc and placing it in a seperate fiction. with a title like "Taking Sights:Asukas Arc" or something, then placing chapters more focused on the original plot.

Im sorry if it sounds like im bitching, but it's my opinion. You've left the fictions plot bunny unattended. And now its dieing.

I hope this review is taken to heart, and the plot is revived.
Norwest chapter 23 . 10/24/2010
OK, im in love with this story. Any more?
IcantbelieveImdoingthis chapter 23 . 8/29/2010
Hell YES! Kensuke as the Fourth Child!

Kensuke is awesome!

Oh, wait, this means he's going to die, doesn't it?
SamJaz chapter 23 . 8/14/2010
FINALLY got this done!

Thanks a huge bunch, your fics have helped me in my own Eva fics massively, notably in remembering that (a) Gendo is a magnificent bastard, and (b), he's a human being.

Looking forward to the rest of it.
Nohbdy chapter 23 . 8/6/2010
This is the best fanfic I've read. Are you still writing the remaining chapters or is this fic dead?
SamJaz chapter 16 . 8/6/2010
Just reviewing here to say that the story's been extremely interesting so far, but I cracked up so much at seeing everything from various viewpoints, explaining everyone's behaviour throughout.

Now, onto the next chapter.
GeshronTyler chapter 23 . 7/28/2010
This has been an interesting (re)take on the series, I've enjoyed it. You've changed a few things for the better, though with how messed up things are, that's not saying much. _ Unfortunately, you've hinted that things are about to fall into the pot, towards the end of Book 1. You've brought some original twists on the events, while staying within the general outline of the series. I do find it amusing to have Shinji take much of Asuka's role in the story in regards to how she felt when her own performance started to slip. Aida as Fourth was a slick change, plausible though, as their entire class was supposed to be potential pilots... I hope that the 3 (and 4th) pilots are able to cope somewhat better than their originals did in the coming events. I realise that's probably not going to happen, but I empathise with them. I did enjoy Misato "laying down the law".

I found this story through a comment by Gregg Landsman.

I do hope you'll have the inspiration and energy to continue with Book 2.

Thanks, read you next time.
b. traven chapter 17 . 7/12/2010
very nice fic. I've always wondered what Gendo himself would do if he was sent back from 3rd impact instead of the usual Shinji or maybe Asuka. Hope to see more coming soon!
Tchernobyl chapter 23 . 7/3/2010
read the 23 chapters in 2 sittings... definitely quite interesting (the whole trillion year Asuka mentioned in Nobody Dies got me interested in this... can't say I'm disappointed!). Will read more as you update. While I prefer S/A, I won't voice my complaint. Much :P

I will, however, say one thing:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, IT'S "SCHEISSE" NOT "SCHEIST". That word has never existed in the german language! (a lot of other german grammar is bad too but that's forgivable... scheist isn't! :P)

I do hear you on the "losing interest" front. I'm kindof guilty of that with an eva fic myself (Prior Acquaintances, specifically). But at least you're still writing ;)
372 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »