Reviews for Need
unamuerte chapter 20 . 12/26/2009
"He didn't realise that he was thinking about his wife as if she was indeed gone." Well this certainly is a revelation ~ Sweeney thinking about Mrs Lovett in terms of possibilities and present and Lucy in the past. Things are starting to heat up _. I'm listening to my chrissie present atm while reading ~ Shallow Life by Lacuna Coil. I thought I would hate their new stuff but it's really grown on me.
unamuerte chapter 19 . 12/26/2009
*Sigh* This was such a sad chap, but then again, I'm not complaining, because at least Sweeney is talking to her! I can't believe it's been a month since I've read Need, but well, that's how fast things seem to go when you're busy. Mr T's speech "I feel like I'm drowning" is particularly touching, and then Mrs Lovett's inner monologue on Lucy ~ she really thinks she's doing the right thing by not telling him. He'd go mad if he saw what she'd become, and indeed, he did O_O
Triggerthetigger chapter 48 . 12/26/2009
Wow! Ha! Loved that story so much! Sequil?

queenckarfwedson-x chapter 48 . 12/5/2009
I am now suffering from sleep deprevation and my very own sore back after starting to read this pretty late (sitting awkwardly, might I add). Its now 1:15am, I couldnt stop reading this. I absolutely loved it; it has everything I want my Sweenett to have! Your epilogue was so beautiful I actually cried a little bit! xD

Thank you so much for writing this!

Now...to find Sweeney to sort my back out...
Soltice Todd lolwhat chapter 48 . 11/30/2009
*clap clap clap clap clap* I loved it! Really!
unamuerte chapter 18 . 11/28/2009
I wasn't going to read anymore today but I'm so glad I did because I would have missed out on some tender sweenett and this was just a perfect way to end the past few chaps. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for to stand Sweeney attempting to comfort her when he's the very source of her pain - ouch! I also like the little commentary how he thinks London will be "less threatening" without the Judge and the Beadle - totally counting himself out of that equation lol.

Anyway, it's nice to see that these two are actually treating each other right for once - I can't wait to read more.

Now I have to go back to my novel...I'm supposed to be finished by today, but I've still got another six chapters that need writing...O
unamuerte chapter 17 . 11/28/2009
All I want to know is: when's he going to give her the flaming book! Lol sorry I get impatient with my sweenett but this was a very sweet chapter. I rofled when Mrs Lovett had no idea whether he was going to "kill her" or "apologise." So true. Although I'm slightly concerned about Sweeney letting Mrs Lovett run amuck in his barber shop - she might get a bit crazy and paint hearts everywhere j/j!
unamuerte chapter 16 . 11/28/2009
Things I love about this chap already:

*Sweeney realises that he's hungry after goodness knows how long.

*Sweeney realises he can steal the money off his victims and buy his own lunch (he sounds like a little kid who realises he can spend his pocket money on junk lol)

*Sweeney buys bread from a bakery! (Sorry, I just find that image endlessly amusing)

*The "Demon" Barber is terrified of confronting Mrs Lovett when she's pissed off.

*Sweeney comes up with a clever plan while eating bread in the park. Not suss at all D

*Hahahaha Sweeney realises word-of-mouth is the best way to promote his business *cough get to the Judge cough*

*Sweeney realises he can make money for himself!

*Sweeney wants to cut the salesman's throat for the expensive price!

*He actually does something for Mrs L out of the good of his heart! There's hope after all!

One small critique of mine: I think this sentence

"After a while, his first customer of that day arrived to never leave" should read "After a while, his first customer for the/that day arrived, never to leave (again)." It just sounds like one of those set expressions, but I'm just going on my instincts here. The thing that's annoying about English is how the sentences structures are pretty inflexible - in spanish it doesn't sound awkward flipping things around. Sorry if I sound pedantic, I just thought I'd let you know.

Mrs Lovett's going to have kittens over that book, I am surely sure.
unamuerte chapter 15 . 11/28/2009
Mrs Lovett's latest plan is to avoid Sweeney? Ha - I'm going to count how many chaps it takes for her to crumble. This was such a sweet chap with Toby holding the note upside and Mrs Lovett's attempt at being a decent mother...warm fuzziness in a Sweeney story! I also love this particular line: "Only seconds later she realized that with that order she could only feed one percent of her customers and that she would have to start to think like a real business woman instead of an owner of a shop that no one ever visited." LOL.
unamuerte chapter 14 . 11/28/2009
"But even tears failed him, as if the Australian heat hadn’t only dried out his heart, but the rest of his body too" Lol that line is so true. Damn straight Australian summers nearly killed you Sweeney! This was definitely the gross-out chapter of the month for me - the hand landing in the basket made me glad I decided not to eat my lunch in front of the computer today D

I like how you've kept Sweeney in character - it's just so like him to go all jack-the-ripper maniac on us and take his anger out on the poor dead bodies lol. Hm I wonder how he's going to deal with his latest obsession he he...
unamuerte chapter 13 . 11/28/2009
Oh lordy lord, I have the feeling I'm going to be repeating myself review after review until MRs Lovett gets some sense knocked into her head. I have a confession that I snuck ahead and read some sweenett in the further chaps - I couldn't resist! But now I'll stop because I don't want to spoil it for myself. As for this chap, well, Toby! You know I'd forgotten all about him, just like Mrs Lovett, until he popped up in this chap again. Gosh, Mrs Lovett's reasoning is pathetic, isn't it? "Mr Todd has been through a very hard time, that's the reason he behaves the way he does." LOL. Next time Toby gets a stab wound: "just try to understand dear, Mr Todd was having a bad day." Although I do sympathise with everything that she feels in this chap, after the surprise Sweeney gave her! I particularly like the comparison she makes between Sweeney's pacing feet & their beating hearts. Just like her to connect everything to a sweenett moment, no matter how bad it sounds!
unamuerte chapter 12 . 11/25/2009
Of course Sweeney, just kept telling yourself the kiss didn't mean anything. *Smacks head against wall in the manner of the crazed barber* I know I shouldn't be laughing but there were so many amusing moments of Sweeney's thoughts in this: "Mrs. Lovett had resisted, but Sweeney had broken her will"...um yeah Sweeney, I'm sure she would have done everything in her power to avoid it...not. And of course, surprise surprise, Sweeney's going to go back to the plan of ignoring her. *Affects a Professor Snape drone* "Mr Todd is not in my good books today."
unamuerte chapter 11 . 11/25/2009
Oh no! Is he going to kill her? Probably not, because that would end the story, but STILl it feels like he's going to.

I love this line: "Because she had always sincerely believed, until a few hours ago, that Mr. Todd would forget about his wife."

Poor deluded Mrs L. This whole chap reminds a bit of Little Red Riding with the wolf trying to get in lol. Man if Sweeney's fuse got any shorter...I wonder if Ben always had that underlying temper. He definitely shouldn't have kids...which makes me worry now for Nellie in Miracles!
unamuerte chapter 10 . 11/25/2009
Darn that abusive Sweeney, he made her cry yet again! I absolutely love the dream sequence you wrote in here, as well as the segue into reality with the wind blowing through the door - very evocative. I should write a longer review, but I "need" to go onto chapter 11. The first thing I did this morning was switch on my computer and begin to read this fic!
unamuerte chapter 9 . 11/25/2009
Oh crusty crumbling pies what on earth is wrong with Sweeney thist time? Hm lemme see intoxticated barber takes a tumble downt the stairs, or threatens innocent customer, or starts insulting Mrs Lovett's customers and throwing pies in their faces. He he he.

"Toby couldn’t see the bottles on the highest shelf in the kitchen, but Sweeney certainly could."

Yes indeed he can. LOL Sweeney's now gone alcoholic because of his shitty life. It's a shame they didn't show more of it in the movie lol, I mean, it's painful for Mrs Lovett, but amusing for us. And with Mrs L wearing the shirt it's a bit of early Victorian tomboyishness you've got going there which is great. It's annoying to have to read Nellie whining about the pain from her corset in every fic D
739 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »