Reviews for Once Upon a Time
grammar.grammarian chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
i just want to thank you for this. so very often our heroes are written to fall into bed with each other gracelessly and hungrily; though it's an obvious extension of the on screen chemistry there is a tenderness to their relationship very often ignored in the land of the fic. this story is verily along the lines of something that's been running through my head for a while now, and showcases that more peaceful, comfortable, and accepting aspect. not that crazy passion and wounded angst don't reward the reader plenty but i, personally, enjoy the simple, understated friendship that leads to "i think i'm in love with you." "okay." so thank you, thank you and kudos. i hope we see more like this.
Kissa1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
To relieve you of any insecurities about this one... The one-shot was fabulous. I really, really enjoyed how they just slept together, in the literal sense of the word, that first time. Also, them just starting to buy stuff the other one eats etc? In my head that is a completely plausible way for them to finally get together. Great job!
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This is so great... I loved it...

JENNIFER
MHS chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
This was sweet. You know them so we.
redrider6612 chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Aw, that was just awesome! Really lovely glimpse of their friendship and a promise of a bit more. I'm curious why she asked him to stay-aside from the obvious "OMG how could she let him leave!" reaction-maybe you could do a second chap and touch on that, maybe a morning after scene? As a writer myself, I totally understand if you aren't inspired, it's just a thought.

Anyway, jerseybones told me reading your fics would pull me out of my funk. This one made some inroads, but I think I need to read some more. :)
irony882 chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Just because a story doesn't have a great amount of romanctic gestures doesn't mean that the subtle ones can't be as effective...congrats on this powerful yet sweet story!
MatildaLee chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
I love it. I love the mentions of the beer and the Wasbi peas, and how Brennan was expecting him when he arrived. I loved how you had them sleep together-literally, not metaphorically. The ending was perfect: beautiful and simply stated.

Matilda
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Great story! I really liked the way that happened! Very them! I really enjoyed this story!
siapom chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
This has to be one of the sweetest stories I've ever read! It's...perfect. It really is. :)
kitotterkat chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
I really like this. It's very simple, but it establishes a lot of familiarity . . . like it was just natural for them to fall in love; there was no other option. ]
Habita chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I LOVED these little moments! When I read your fic, I just smiled and thought that it could happen in the show like this and I would love it all the way. Because Im sure there has to be a moment when both of them just knew it. And theres no need to make it a big deal. It could happen just like this. Sweet, natural and perfect. So thanks a lot for another wonderful possibility to wish for! It was gorgeous :-)

Favs:

The beginning. All the beginning is amazing! I love how you describe the way they get used to each others tastes and preferences. I found it so sweet that she has his beer and his dvds and he has her snacks! :-) Im sorry I dont know how to explain myself better, but I completely love the idea.

"She answered the door on the first knock, almost like she'd been waiting for him." I LOVED it! They started making space for material things, and now she fits him in her friday night, and it seems as natural as she having his beer in her fridge. Im so sorry! I had to go to WordReference in order to find the words and Im not sure they make any sense! I hope you understand! Im feeling very frustrated here! lol.

"Are you expecting company?", "Only you" *melts*

"...he ignored the pain and reached out a hand to brush her hair from her forehead." The two of them waking up in her couch is one of the sweetest scenes I have read. Tender and beautiful, I loved it! :-)

"If I asked you to stay tonight, would you?" LOVE IT! TOTALLY LOVE IT! Their dialogue is perfect. In my opinion, you used just the right words to make them say everything. Every single word is powerful and it just... happens. Its really amazing, Lerdo :-)

"...her eyebrows drawn together in a frown his fingers itched to smooth away." LOVE it!

Then, when they are laying in her bed, is so perfect that I honestly dont know what to say. Its beautiful, and sweet, and natural. Like you said, "a kiss could wait". The moment is complete the way it is. I love it :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing :-)
GGjunkie33 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Aww! Very sweet & cute! Love the simplicity of it! :)
squeekie23 chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
I keep coming back to this little gem. I love your treatment of the characters. I'll echo other reviewers and say that this is really how I see them getting together. Great story.
LocoGreggo chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I liked that lil' oneshot. I think it was quite cute. Could be

added onto later...but it's like left to the immagination.

Sorta like the old disney movies before they started messing

with the classics.