Reviews for Fox
apostrophus chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
OH GOD *Wibbles* Poor Auron. And poor Rikku. AND THE POOR FOX. D:

But well done, once again~! Very realistic. I really love your description style tons; it's quite original. And your sentence structure is great; I'm a sucker for stream-of-consciousness run-on sort of things. :D;;

AND GAWD IS AURON IS HAWT. 8-L

~Amunet 8D
greiverwings chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
I think La Editor summed this up like nobody's business. I read this story about a month ago and didn't have time to review, so I stuck it in my online favorites folder and forgot about it. When I was going through them a minute ago, I saw it, and read it again and... gosh, I love it more than when I read it the first time. I loved every aspect of the story, and every aspect that La Editor brought up, and it's just beautiful... and a real standard for Aurikku (and other writers!).

I only hope that if I touch on Aurikku again, it comes out half as good as this one did. :)
geekgirlhope chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
I really really enjoyed this fic. I loved the inner conflict going on in Auron and I think that you got Rikku's unwavering determination down aswell!
FearandLoathingXIX chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Oh wow, this is brillant :D the fox-parable you wove in was a really cool touch :D
Lady Nightspike chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
This is the most impressive short Aurikku I think I've ever read. You make the pairing totally believable and I love the italicized bits that were intertwined with the actual interaction. The only bit I thought was jarring was the Al Bhed in temples part-something maybe more general and yet personal would be her being a guardian to a summoner, but anyway, it's a small quibble.

Keep writing!
two-headed fiesta chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
oh my god. not the valley girl OMG, but the holy hell i'm close to crying tears version.

the ending was PERFECT. i couldn't think of a better ending. THE single most realistic aurikku i've ever read - and there have been many. you are my absolute hero. can i marry you?

like seriously, woman, TEARS!

they were both so perfectly IN character and the fox and the boy's story tied in so so so well. i could hug you. this is going down as my favorite, indefinitely. i love it to bits. (:
La Editor chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I've actually been meaning to give this fantabulous story a review for about a week, but well, RL sometimes tends to slink up from behind and whap you repeatedly about the head with a wet trout. Or something similar of the whapping-sort.

Oh, geez, you don't even KNOW how much love this story gets and how many bajillion reviews it deserves. It was well-written, beyond so. They were both extremely in character, because it is MUCH much harder to write Rikku in a serious situation than a normal one; the fact that it was more from Auron's point of view made it interesting. Rikku is easier to write for some people, and Auron is a harder person to delve into. (By the way - I love how it seems he's at least a LITTLE conscious of how he looks. That just made me grin ear to ear like a little kid at the candy store.)

And the fox story? That was perfect. It wasn't told as a whole, but in segments relating to the actual events, which was well-timed. The story went along perfectly. (I think what makes it even better is that it is possible that it's just a story, and it is equally possible that that little boy was actually Auron, perhaps? From the reader's view, it could go either way. This makes it fun to speculate.)

I think, though, that the concept is the best part. The plot is an extremely worn, general idea, one that many stories attempt to delve into often. But the thing is, not only is this amazing - and goshers knows it's just fantastic! - but you SET A STANDARD.

There are stories where people get their ideas from; a very general story that takes an overused plot and makes it just beautiful, so that anyone who wants to write it again reads it through again and again. (Loophole by leafygirl, in the Naruto fandom, for example; it -completely- set a standard for a specific pairing. Everyone tries to write that general plotline again, and hopes to write HALF as well as the authoress did.) This is one of those stories. Everyone writes about the differences conflict, right before. And not only did you pull it off, you set a new bar. God knows if I ever want to write about a conflict, I'll go to this for pointers.

Other than that... I really don't have anything else. I think that the ending wasn't as strong as it could've been, and the implications were a little unsettling - to me, at least - but... other than that, this is definitely one of the best Aurikku oneshots I've read to date! )

-Manda
Manda-of-the-6 chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Wow... amazing story.

I love Auron Rikku Pairings!

MG#6
Xedra chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
*throws hands up in the air* Whe!

I Love it Love it Love it! XD

I love the little boy story running through it and Rikku talking about love and the kiss and even the angst... You can't have a proper Auron tale without a little angst, right? XD

This part: "Who exactly did she think she was scowling at? Auron had invented that look." Made me laugh out loud!

I love how this story has everything, humor, angst, sadness, romance, and all of it so excellently crafted.

*dances with joy*