Reviews for Not Quite Stockholm Syndrome
Ichimaru-taicho chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
That last part had me picturing this:

Aizen:*wakes up, stumbles around trying to find his pants, but ends up knocking himself out*

Ichigo:*shoots out of bed, but lands on face first on the floor*

Okay, now I know I'm insane! XD
sennyo-chan chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
this is wonderful, but why is it rated 'm'?
ChocolateDucttape chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
noh! you have written this fic so well! I love it! I could feel the feelings right through! Keep it up
Shianelle chapter 1 . 5/12/2008

This is one of the most real characterisations of Ichigo, Aizen and the Shinigami that I've read in a good long while. I suppose it could just be that I really don't like how things have been going in the Bleach-verse, I mean, Yamamoto has no-one he has to answer to, and it makes me leery of the power differential in Soul Society.

The shinigami don't really have anyone they have to answer to, do they? They haven't got to face up to the consequences of their existence, or their power, or their actions, and I can certainly see something like this happening. One wrong word to the wrong person, a few suspicions, unfounded or not, maybe a little bit of 'power corrupts', and there you have it, things could easily have turned out like this.

I don't think it will, because that's not the direction Bleach is going in, but it's a very real possibility, should the ignored implications be realised.

There's just so much that's *wrong* and plain *disturbing* about the shinigami and their reasoning, their xenophobia and self-righteousness. The way they destroy first, and ask later, their utter belief in their superiority and 'might is right' attitude.]

I think if, in the manga/anime, Aizen was a little more cunning in his actions, and events were a little less dramatised, he could well have turned many to his way of thinking, simply because of Soul Society's penchant for brutally administering their own skewed brand of justice.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable story, if only for a chance to view this world through different events, and while I feel bad and sorry for those shinigami who are merely a product of their system, and those trapped by power and political, as well as social mores, it doesn't really make their actions acceptable.

I suppose I prefer your 'honest evil' rather than the alternative. From an outside perspective, no race, shinigami, arrancar, vaizard, hollow or human, are really that different in the end. They all have beliefs, they all fight, and they all believe themselves to be right.

DarogaDaae chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Aww, I love this... Aizen has never been one of my favorite characters, and this pairing is rather.. well, it's kinda strange, to be perfectly honest, but I enjoyed the story. As far as the me not liking Aizen goes, I don't particularly, but that little part about him being honest, smart, etc, etc, all of that was things I'd previously noticed and, strangely, respected about him.

Anywho, I really liked this.. I have to go read the other one now...
teleporttomich chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
that was really really good D
thenorthernlights chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
I'm floored.

I love the way you wrote Ichigo.

Everyone was dead-on.

Really, really good.
RuByMoOn17 chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Lady Dragon chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Awesome job. I liked your other fic, Stockholm Syndrome, immensely. Especially because of Byakuya and Ichigo, but I liked this version of it as well.

I know some people find it absurd to think that the shinigami would betray Ichigo after all that he's done, but I still find it possible. I expect there would be those who found it distasteful, and some would refuse, but others would quell under the weight of their orders. Plus, as you rightly recalled, the shinigami have had a nasty history of choosing the worst means to deal with something different.
psychoticKisshu chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
...Wow. I can actually see that happening. That's scary. But this fic is really good. And I can see Aizen doing that...which is - what is that? Oh well, no big!
toodlepipeverybody chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
This is really good!

I feel really teary. Poor Ichi, yet... it's happily ever after?

i dunno what to say...
Freaking Cage chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I absolutely loved this. It is so well done/written/put did an amazing job. Any chance you'll do another one? It doesn't even have to be e sequel, I just love your writing.
HowlingAngel chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Brilliant, Lady

I loved 'Stockholm' and I love this more.

The Soul Society always struck me as a heartless bunch of backstabbers who happen to have a few nice people in it but this brings the whole thing to life.

When Rukia and Byakuya turned away from Ichigo my chest actually started hurting.

Write more of these, please. You made this very emotional and damnit all if you stop now.

evhein chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
words... can't express how amazing this was. you have such a gift for words... you made me feel what he felt. i was almost in tears half-way through for what they did to him. how clearly you made ichigo's pain. it was just so... i was just so there, with him. your words just flowed, and they all made sense. it was euphoric.

i wish i could only say more...

it ended well, but i would have liked to hear more about byakuya's opinion and i would like to know what happened with rukia... and what ichi's hollow thought about him turning to the arrancar. and i would have liked to read more about renji's fight, more about his death. he's my favorite character, and it stung to read him die, but it was still not enough. i wish there had been more detail there.

the length was just perfect. my attention was right with it throughthe whole thing. from start to finish. it was just so well-written, and so amazingly real.

and i never noticed, but you were so right in the story about the seireitei. they really are how you said. and aizen, the betrayer; he had every right to do what he did.

you're such an amazing author; i'll definitely be reading all your work from here on out.
Blitz-Sora chapter 1 . 3/8/2008 Speechless. That was bloody brilliant!
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »