Reviews for Crimson Arrows
ej8012 chapter 13 . 3/5/2010
Not bad for a guy who's supposedly got the romantic side of a flea :P

Anyway, good piece of work. I'll admit, I haven't seen many really good male writers on FF so this is a new thing for me. Not meaning to be sexist, but its true.

Anyway, good job, I like it. Well, not the pairing but I can live with that.
ej8012 chapter 5 . 3/5/2010
This is good, but you probably need better names. I mean, a spell called 'Smack'? Soren has better taste then that.

Besides that, good job.
pebblekit chapter 24 . 1/16/2010
Hello again. I FINALLY got back to this story and once again apologize for being late. Several things happened, but I'm not going to go into them now. Anyway, on with the review.

I have to say that I believe I just read the best piece of fanfiction from Duke Tanas' point of view in existence. Not only did you come up with the perfect description of him (walking vat of blubber), but you somehow managed to catch his insanity perfectly, so kudos for that! I also find it somewhat imusing that all of his men can't even measure up with lower ranked soldiers.

The entire Grann desert thing worries me. If their really are members of the Confederacy out there, I just hope there are enough to fend them off. If we get to see where this bit of info heads, I can't wait. I also am really impressed with the plan that the Coalition came up with- using the warp staff and all. This is one of those things that will probably go perfectly, or will fail miserably.

I've said it before, and I shall say it again- Lekain needs to die or something. He's more slime-buckety than Tanas, and that's saying something. I really like the way that you write him in this story. Somehow, I feel as though I can see his true nature even more clearly than in the game. Is that odd? Maybe, but that's my opinion. I really hope that Catalena doesn't get killed for his greed...

The battle with Tanas was nicely done, with everyone getting their own part. I really like how Stefan was the one to kill him. The only problem I saw was that you used the term "wreath of flames" to describe Tormod's attack twice in a row, but it didn't really bother me. I just thought I'd point it out. Don't let it disturb you or anything. I also really liked the entire "thievery is bad" discussion they had.

Once agian, Lekain makes me want to retch into a toilet. I guess that's just his nature. I wonder how he plans to handle this attack and look forward to what will happen. That being said, the first time I saw Valtome in the game, I could have sworn that he was a girl. So when you made that crack about him doing something feminine, I almost burst out laughing. I don't really know why, but I found it somewhat funny. As for his arrogance, and idiocy, I really hope that Soren's team wins this battle. That man's ego doesn't need to be fed any more. You got his characterization so perfect, I almost found myself wrinkling my nose in disgust like I did everytime he popped up in the game. You're characterization just keeps getting better and better, so keep going with it in all of your stories!

I have to admit that I was a little taken aback by soren's choice of camp, but Lucia's response to it seemed really realistic somehow. I loved the bickering with Lethe too. Sleepyt Ranulf was a good touch too, for now we get to see a slightly irritable saide of him! I thought that the conversation between Tanith and Sigrun was interesting too. I have to say that Tanith seemed very...cold, for lack of a better word, but then again, she does seems to be the sort of person to say those things in a situation like this.

I really like how you left off in this chapter. We get to see what happens if Soren fails at a strategy, Lucia is showing her tactical prowess, and we're in the middle of a battle that seems almost hopeless. You've sucked me into the next chapter with this, so great job on building suspense. You' writing is getting better with every bit of the story that you write, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest will go.
HaveAHeart0301 chapter 27 . 12/12/2009
It's quite unfortunate for all of us that you have lost the desire to write 'fics for Fire Emblem. In my opinion, you were one of the fandom's greatest writers, and this story was a personal favorite of mine (even though I did get very behind in reading the updates). These last few chapters were excellent, and I would have been looking forward to any further updates you may have had. However, I can understand you not wanting to continue, and while it's disappointing to your readers, you shouldn't feel obligated to write anything you've lost interest in.

Overall, this story and it's prequel were fantastic, and I wish you luck with all of your future projects. :)
Nami-san625 chapter 18 . 12/5/2009
Hey, remember me? Haha. I hope so... Well, sorry for being so slow in reviewing. I'm so far behind...

Anyways, I thought this was really good. That first section gave me a new view on Titania. Before, she didn't seem that deep of a character to me, but I like how you expounded on her personality and feelings.

The fight scene at the end between Lucia and Ludveck was written really well, and the description you used to describe him as he was dying, comparing him to a fish out of water, I think really helped the readers get a better picture (I know it helped me).

Really nicely done. The ending left me feeling sympathy for Lucia, being confused after brutally killing a man. Well, I can't wait to when I get around to reading the next one. I just hope that it's soon :)
NinjaSheik chapter 27 . 11/2/2009
AWESOME! BELIEVE IT!
NinjaSheik chapter 26 . 10/9/2009
COOL!
NinjaSheik chapter 24 . 9/21/2009
AWESOME! BELIEVE IT! UPDATE SOON!
Trueblade Hinata chapter 24 . 9/21/2009
Great chapter!

Very well written as well.

Oliver got what he deserved and I didn't know that Stefan could be so vengeful.

Poor Sigrun.I feel sorry for has to fight her old friends.

Anyway,this is great so far!

Can't wait to read what will happen next!
Iwritethingsoccasionally chapter 24 . 9/21/2009
Please hurry up and update again! I love this story!
pebblekit chapter 23 . 9/12/2009
Before I say anything else, congrats on breaking 120 reviews and reaching 50 stories. I know I'm a little late, but...

Anyway, on with the review. I think I like Relene. At first, I was kind of wondering where you were going to go with her character and what was going to happen with her, but now that we've seen more about her and Zihark, I must say that you've created quite an interesting character here. It's not often that I see OCs with so much detail, but all of yours seem to have great stories to tell, so thanks. The part with Zihark was kind of sad...I hope they can fix what went wrong, whether that means one thing or the other.

Aside from that, I finally realized what was missing in this story- Ike. I'm actually kind of surprised by how little I've seen him, unless my memory just stinks, in which case, I apologize. It's not that it bothers me- I think it's interesting- it's just not something that I was exepecting. The entire isue between him and Soren is so realistic that it's actually kind of frightening to me. Great job at that entire aspect. I really want to see where this part of the story is going to go, now that it's actually impacted one of them in battle. Jealousy is an ugly thing, and sometimes, we can be consumed by it. I just hope that Ike won't be.

I was happy to see some mention of Geoffrey and Elincia. I'm not entirely sure if you're going to promote them further, but I always loved their relationship. I also really liked seeing Janaff and Ulki together again. Their brotherly argument was so really well written, and funny, so thank you very much! I'm also EXTREMELY glad to see Tormod and his group, which is comprised by some of my favorite characters. The fact that they're going to meet everyone in Duke Tanas's villa seems somewhat ironic to me, though I don't really know why. I also really liked Jill's musings about Haar. I wonder if her feels the same way...Rheyson's joined as well. That doesn't leave many more people left, does it? Huh...

By the way, I never really like Lyre that much. That was, until I read "Gallian Nights". Thanks a lot for letting me see her for the character that she is. The same actually goes for Maurim as well, who is now one of my favorites in the game. Thanks a bunch. I also really like the relationship between them as well.

Thanks again for such a great chapter. Keep writing, and you'll go far. I really like how you show everything from so many perspectives as well. I could really take a leaf from your book...Thanks a lot, and if you update soon, I'll try to actually read and review in a timely fassion...for once.
pebblekit chapter 22 . 9/12/2009
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you...My computer has been having trouble with the internet all summer, and then it went and completely fried itself. Anyway, I seemed to have forgotten to add this story to my favorite list, which will be quickly rememdied.

I liked this chapter. Fiona never really was one of my favorite characters, but I always admired her courage and loyalty, both of which were shown in full force here. Jarod seemed right in character too, which I have trouble with, so kudos with that. I also really like how you're able to stick in all of this war/tactical stuff into a story, and still keep it enjoyable to read. I understand everything you desicribe too. All I can say is that you must really have done your research for this. Thanks for all the work you've put into it.

Lekain needs to curl up in a corner and never be seen again. Ever. Great job in writing him. For a moment, I was worried that he was going to kill that soldier, but...I guess he got lucky this time, huh? Poor Janaff practically got his head bitten off for playing messanger, but I thought that was the perfect reaction from him and Soren at the moment. Speaking of our tacticain, Soren was kind of harsh in this chapter, but there were also a few moments where he was actually kinder and calmer than usual. I guess this is the transformation from stoic, unemotional, Soren to kinder, more understanding, and still kick-butt Soren. If so, then you're doing a really good job at writing it. The entire scene with Fiona talking to him and Tauroneo was pretty good too. Her feelings of betrayal and the reactions to that were so well- done that I could actually see it happening right in front of me.

Great job in this chapter! You just keep getting better and better in my opinion. Keep up the good work, and thanks for another great part of this story!
Mopsy93 chapter 23 . 9/4/2009
Well that's one way to get Stefan into this story. Also in an earlier chapter you practically made your own plot hole. You never explained how Micaiah and her gang (I'm refusing to call them the Dawn Brigade because the only real members you have in this story are Micaiah, Sothe, Laura, and Aran) got out of the situation they were in last time you had them appear.
Mopsy93 chapter 20 . 9/3/2009
Zelgius may or may not in reality be actually older than Tauroneo. At least Zelgius is closer to Tauroneo's age than Tauroneo thinks, you never can really tell with these branded. Take Micaiah for example she may not look like it but she's probably at least 20.
Mopsy93 chapter 21 . 9/3/2009
The person you were referring to was Selena. Anyways sorry in advance for bringing this up again but you brought it on yourself, you did kill somebody important, Pelleas.