Reviews for got a boy in the war
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 9/18
Wow, this threw me for a loop. You have a great build from a funny little story about friends becoming lovers, but you never really let us forget that it's all barreling toward tragedy. The last section absolutely killed me, and Kushina grieving that no one will remember Minato's name was a marvelous touch. Hokages are so often "Third" or "Fourth" or whatever else. It lends a ton of credence to the idea that Naruto wouldn't know who his parents were - Minato's name is long forgotten and he doesn't care in the first place.

This story succeeds on so many fronts. It's sweet. It's sad. It's funny. It's cute. It's the kind of thing that cuts me deep and keeps me coming back for more. Job well done!
nakiju13 chapter 1 . 7/5
I was absolutely loving this fic the whole way through, how you characterised them both and made their interactions so believable and endearing, and then you just nailed me with the last line so hard I'm still tearing up. I think you hit the feel of Minato and Kushina's story spot on: how they are young, full of life, in love one day, a pair of heroes in their own right, with so many plans and ambitions one day, only to be forgotten the next, despite how great they've been. Applause!
4everWinter chapter 1 . 5/23
This is the third time I've read this, and it still tears my heart.
Donni chapter 1 . 2/20
i cry
i forgot tbh chapter 1 . 2/9
so this fic is like 9 years old what the actual fuck
i first read it like 6 years ago when i was actually into the naruto fandom and it's always stuck with me a little

your writing style is insanely beautiful tbh
and there's a line in here that single-handedly made me fall in love with minato, even though i stopped following naruto before he got introduced in person in canon so like i don't know anything about minato tbh
but it's the bit about "If you had a kid, we'd have to find something that goes along with Uzumaki,"
bc that's so much of what kushina's focused on, even if she doesn't rly voice it and she's probably just assumed that their kid will take minato's name bc like why not right
that's how it usually goes
but minato knows how much uzumaki means to kushina (and really just...names in general, from the way you wrote her)
and it's so beautiful idfk
Secret.Identities chapter 1 . 1/7
OUCH ;_;
Kris Senju chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
that's so fucking sad man poor minato he really is forgotten
Softie chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
This fanfic makes me glad that the last line is not and never will be true. I don't know if you know, but an orphan only thinks about their parents. Hates them, but still thinks about them.
LoveGlutton chapter 1 . 5/22/2016
...that last line though
Krishka chapter 1 . 3/2/2016
It was a very great perceptive, not many good MinaKushi stories around. Though I wish the ending didn't happen as it were. Now I haven't watched much of Naruto except the initial sessions, bit I couldn't fathom why the hokage let Naruto believed his parents abandoned him(if that's the case) he could just make up that they died protecting him, or why he (and for that matter Sasuke) were left to live alone. He could sure make some family like arrangements. But anyways whatever happens is for good, right. But all in all a good story. Naruto took after her mother afterall, well except the looks.
Moose Voose chapter 1 . 2/6/2016
This was beautiful and perfect and OH MY GOSH the ending is sad. Dang it! Brilliant writing.
Angel Fantasy chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
Very funny and awesome to read, loved every word of it!
Chat Kills chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
Holy Shit, that last bit was just sad...
pastelstripes chapter 1 . 11/5/2015
I swear my heart just cracked. Thank you for writing this; it was lovely. 3
-Nic
Kintora chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
Let's define the word: Punchline.

CAN THIS HURT ANYMORE THAN IT DOES?!

(But really, a brilliant short story. You'd have to be a bright piece of work to come up with this bright piece of work.)