Reviews for On the Streets of Paris
Gimlifan8 chapter 28 . 3/17/2014
The story, was amazing. The final line from Holmes had me completely and utterly at a loss for words; it may not be ACD, but it's certainly worthy of ACD. Thank you so much for this wonderful story! I'll try my best to come back someday and read the prequel for Brother. Until then, bye!
Gimlifan8 chapter 11 . 3/17/2014
Lol! People will stare...Holmes, as far as I know, doesn't know a thing about art.
Gimlifan8 chapter 9 . 3/17/2014
So...I was reading too much into that brougham thing? *grimaces* getting a bit too ahead of myself. Anyway, I'll just keep my overactive imaginations to myself from now. Thanks! Off to read more...
Gimlifan8 chapter 8 . 3/17/2014
Ah...the mystery was a much better one than I had imagined. But now, I can see the chain of reasoning. Same as I can understand that the brougham was no ordinary one, obvious for a reader, not quite so for a character yet Holmes should know better. Or at least it seemed to me that it cannot be a coincidence.(turning off poor victorian english) awesome so far!
Gimlifan8 chapter 7 . 3/17/2014
Great story. I've read brothers, it was brilliant, too, in that you have a way of writing their dialogues. I'd say I would've nearly pulled out my hair if Holmes had taken so long to gather information in the books when the who and why is rather obvious, but...well, this isn't ACD, and I never would expect even acclaimed writers to write quite like ACD. So, great job so far!
Gimlifan8 chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
Holmes does not keep information, be it dangerous or not, from Watson unless it's necessary to conceal the information from a third person. But really, when I realised the man in the street was confirming he was Holmes, then Holmes should've known. He's applied the technique many times himself.
Animosh chapter 28 . 9/25/2013
Great ending! I really loved this story so much, even more so than "Brother" although that was already brilliant. I liked in this one that Holmes knew about the danger and tried his best to protect Watson and the fight between Holmes and Hughes was really filled with dread and fear on my part.

I hope to read more from you about Holmes and Watson :)
bekbek23 chapter 28 . 7/25/2010
This was a wonderful, wonderul story. I never review, but I felt I must after reading this masterpiece. I look forward to reading more of your works in the future.
ScubaKanga chapter 27 . 7/10/2010
Really good ending to a really good story.
ScubaKanga chapter 28 . 7/10/2010
Really fantastic story, well done!
ScubaKanga chapter 17 . 7/10/2010
I loved the part explaining what Holmes did on each day of being confined. Great story so far.
ScubaKanga chapter 11 . 7/10/2010
Really good story so far, both Holmes and Watson are in character. However, I would have expected Watson to be more interested in the telegrams that arrive.
T. Misekake chapter 7 . 2/25/2010
I really like this story so far - your writing is quite good, very clear and well articulated. I can't help but notice, though, that the French is rather more than a little poor. You mentioned someone else doing the translations - I don't know if you care enough about a story this old to edit it, but I'm sure you could find a much better translator (if you like, I could help you with that - my email is misekaket at hotmail dot com). The French dialogues are of an exceedingly poor quality, which reflects badly on the rest of the story, even though the rest is very good.

Excuse me while I go read the rest of this now, before I have to leave for meetings with one of my profs. :)
White Wyrsa chapter 28 . 10/12/2009
Great series! Thank you very much for this extreem, thrilling and highly entertaining adventure story. I loved your pair of Holmes\Watson - (imho) their relationship and charactrs are very well written and close to canon. The stories have many interesting points (one of my fav parts - with disguse, descriptions and atmosphere of mise en scène, insight in characters, especially villain's). Thank you again for great pleasure! Wish you good luck and inspiration for new ones!
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 28 . 7/4/2009
That was an awesome story! I loved it! You did an awesome job!