Reviews for Fortunato Strikes Back: The Cask of Amontillado 2
pronker chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
The only way to reply to dave () is this, so I'll say thanks for the thorough review, I appreciate it.
Dave chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
How would Fortunato know that he had insulted Montresor? Its never mentioned aloud in their dialogue. As far as Fortunato knows, Monstresor had just gone insane and decided to commit murder.

You get a little science geeky when you begin explaining to the reader about Fortunato's plan. I would remove this line "Measuring the time that I had left, I went over my scheme a final time: the egg yolk for sulphur, the torch end for charcoal, the nitre for the saltpeter, the classic recipe for gunpowder." completely, and change the following line "All my senses left me as a tremendous thunderclap split my eardrums and I fell as far as the chain would let me fall in my faint." to "All my senses left me as my makeshift gunpowder split my eardrums with a tremendous thunderclap and I fell as far as the chain would let me fall in my faint." This meshes much better in my opinion with the rest of the story.
nemiah chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
so i'm a month late for reviewing, so what. anyway, this was awesome. are you going to write a sequel?
Thranduil Oropherion Redux chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
"For the love of God, Pronker!" ;)

This was nicely done - an object lesson in why we should all pay attention in Chemistry class.

Even while I'm glad to see a happy ending for Fortunato, there lingers some sympathy for Montresor. These days, he's not the only one of us who would like to brick up our brokers.

"After a final feel around for that blasted cask that he said was in my chamber, I climbed over the pile of broken bones and made my way to the outside, and freedom."

Ha! Very much in character - he stops for the wine.

This is a gem of a story.
Hero Of The Hazard chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Yes hes alive!

Take that Montresor :P

lol sorry I didn't like the fact that Fortunato died so I'm happy xD
Nyx Nightshade chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
That was most excellent.

Very nice writing style, very similar to Poe.
Rose of Hope chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
OMG! Great job! Cask of Amontillado was one of my favorites. My class discussed alot about that. Great job!

Deu Sa!