Reviews for Of Forgiveness and Forgetfulness
Cuthalion97 chapter 2 . 3/5
Do you know, I really, really love the fact that Lestrade thought of locking the door. He's quite the devious chap at times. :D And I have a feeling he really learned it from Holmes.

Also. . . you had several great lines in here. "No man gets forgiven because he deserves it. . ." And that banter about the ghastly sarcasm and morbid humor. And "Oh, do stow it, Lestrade."

You may have been posted this rather later than other people posted, but I find your story quite original and not at all overly emotional. :D Thanks!
White Wyrsa chapter 2 . 7/31/2018
Could never thank you enough for sharing theese. Your stories - all of them - are so warm, like a meeting with an old friend. So true, so full of heart and sincerity. They are not pleasure, they are a gift. Well, thank you again. And again)
Corynutz chapter 2 . 2/6/2018
I love every part of it! Not only does it make sense in the continuity, but it's also from Holmes' point of view! *happy squealls*
Icecat62 chapter 2 . 3/16/2015
Very nicely written piece full of emotion.
Maimat B chapter 2 . 6/26/2014
I love your stories, I wish there were more! Great writing!
tess chapter 2 . 9/23/2013
this was an amazing story! I loved it, it was nice to see that old fashioned friendship between these two people. This story was very well writ. Please continue to write.
Dogmatil chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
This is much more how I imagine their reunion would have been like. I mean not even a patient man like Watson can just forget something like that. Holmes really deserved to be sweating a bit here :P
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Lestrade is still amazing. And your writing is still unbearably beautiful. How many reviews have I sent to you by now? It's approaching fifty or so by now, surely. And I am not at all penitent! XD
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Pressing him at that point was really not a great idea, Holmes. However, it's the way your mind works and you intended the best. Hilariously enough, Lestrade is in on this whole thing. I really like the way you write Lestrade. He always needs more love. (I'm fond of good minor chracters.) And the bit about morgue locks was priceless!
Mister D8a chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
Very thought provoking.

James
yamina-chan chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
Well done D

I always missed a scene like this in the book, but I suppose it's among the things Watson would have left out in his witing. (Which is in fact the only thing that is somewhat sad about the stories. Because thes are - to a degree - filtered. More so then they would have been with a narator. But that's why taletned writers like you are adding something to the fandom by writing FanFictions )

I rather enjoied this. The set up, the pacing and the overall build up. It is a great friendship that can last even after suffering of a wound such as this. My compliments once again D
callensensei chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
Hooray for Lestrade being able to help the boys get back on the right track. I love the way his friendship with both Holmes and Watson deepens over the course of the canon.

Thank you for having Holmes apologise for that word, "betray." Even though we know he meant an unconscious slip on Watson's part rather than an actual betrayal of trust, the word has ugly connotations. I still wince every time I hear Jeremy Brett say the word.

Watson's explanation for his actions fits with both his tremendously loving and forgiving nature and the natural reaction anyone would have over such a deception. I find that recent films and pastiches tend to portray an edgier, less patient Watson (perhaps to contrast him with Nigel Bruce's bumbler) that the one canon gives us; you strike a believable balance here. Watson is more forgiving than most of us, but we can still identify with his anger, and his joy.

Brilliant work, as always!
callensensei chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I've always wondered why nobody ever suggests that protecting Watson was the reason Holmes kept his friend in the dark during the Great Hiatus - indeed, why Doyle himself didn't, rather than just hinting at it. Thank you so much for providing a very plausible and palatable reason for that terrible deception.

You're absolutely right to suggest that Holmes could never have survived the grief if the situation were reversed. Doyle makes that abundantly clear in "The Dying Detective" and "The Three Garridebs."

Hey...now there's an au waiting to be written!
koredik chapter 2 . 8/24/2009
*sigh* yeah, friends... The quote at the beginning of the first chapter was delicious btw!
koredik chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Somehow I'm not surprised... You master drama and lightness with equal quality :) And hurra for Lestrade!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »