Reviews for Of Forgiveness and Forgetfulness
Icecat62 chapter 2 . 3/16/2015
Very nicely written piece full of emotion.
Rat chapter 2 . 6/26/2014
I love your stories, I wish there were more! Great writing!
tess chapter 2 . 9/23/2013
this was an amazing story! I loved it, it was nice to see that old fashioned friendship between these two people. This story was very well writ. Please continue to write.
Dogmatil chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
This is much more how I imagine their reunion would have been like. I mean not even a patient man like Watson can just forget something like that. Holmes really deserved to be sweating a bit here :P
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Lestrade is still amazing. And your writing is still unbearably beautiful. How many reviews have I sent to you by now? It's approaching fifty or so by now, surely. And I am not at all penitent! XD
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Pressing him at that point was really not a great idea, Holmes. However, it's the way your mind works and you intended the best. Hilariously enough, Lestrade is in on this whole thing. I really like the way you write Lestrade. He always needs more love. (I'm fond of good minor chracters.) And the bit about morgue locks was priceless!
Mister D8a chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
Very thought provoking.

James
yamina-chan chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
Well done D

I always missed a scene like this in the book, but I suppose it's among the things Watson would have left out in his witing. (Which is in fact the only thing that is somewhat sad about the stories. Because thes are - to a degree - filtered. More so then they would have been with a narator. But that's why taletned writers like you are adding something to the fandom by writing FanFictions )

I rather enjoied this. The set up, the pacing and the overall build up. It is a great friendship that can last even after suffering of a wound such as this. My compliments once again D
callensensei chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
Hooray for Lestrade being able to help the boys get back on the right track. I love the way his friendship with both Holmes and Watson deepens over the course of the canon.

Thank you for having Holmes apologise for that word, "betray." Even though we know he meant an unconscious slip on Watson's part rather than an actual betrayal of trust, the word has ugly connotations. I still wince every time I hear Jeremy Brett say the word.

Watson's explanation for his actions fits with both his tremendously loving and forgiving nature and the natural reaction anyone would have over such a deception. I find that recent films and pastiches tend to portray an edgier, less patient Watson (perhaps to contrast him with Nigel Bruce's bumbler) that the one canon gives us; you strike a believable balance here. Watson is more forgiving than most of us, but we can still identify with his anger, and his joy.

Brilliant work, as always!
callensensei chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I've always wondered why nobody ever suggests that protecting Watson was the reason Holmes kept his friend in the dark during the Great Hiatus - indeed, why Doyle himself didn't, rather than just hinting at it. Thank you so much for providing a very plausible and palatable reason for that terrible deception.

You're absolutely right to suggest that Holmes could never have survived the grief if the situation were reversed. Doyle makes that abundantly clear in "The Dying Detective" and "The Three Garridebs."

Hey...now there's an au waiting to be written!
koredik chapter 2 . 8/24/2009
*sigh* yeah, friends... The quote at the beginning of the first chapter was delicious btw!
koredik chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Somehow I'm not surprised... You master drama and lightness with equal quality :) And hurra for Lestrade!
yupreviews chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
It's amazing! I really like it, and I'm impressed with your bravery. Writing from Holmes' POV is too daunting for me to try :D
bluedragon1836 chapter 2 . 6/25/2009
Dang it, now I'm really crying! AH, it was so sad and sweet!
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
That was a really cute story! I loved the part where Lestrade locked Watson and Holmes in the morge!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »