Reviews for A Different Fate
Wow. A beautiful story.
WerewolfKing350 chapter 13 . 3/14
This story is amazing. I love it! It’s well written, the characters and their reactions are accurate. I love watching Harry and Dudley grow and seeing Petunias relationship with Remus grow. Good job, very good job!
I am a mother to an autistic 2 year old boy. Although my child is high functioning, I empathized so hard with your version of Petunia. The fear, the struggle, the guilt...what an amazing characterization. I cried throughout the whole thing. Great job.
catzetier chapter 1 . 1/8
I've liked this story for years; even when I went off Harry Potter for a while I still remembered it. I'm glad to have found it again.
gyrewings chapter 13 . 1/6
An AU that I never imagined could happen, but you make it make complete sense. I love how you wrote this in drabbles, instead of regular prose. It would have taken too long the other way, and this way, the emotions and decisions really shine through. Great work.
Moonacre BunBun chapter 13 . 12/23/2017
This was a beautiful collection of vignettes. Thank you.
Moonacre BunBun chapter 2 . 12/23/2017
Koolkat1573 chapter 13 . 12/12/2017
This really speaks to me... I myself have learning disabilities. I am autistic and have ADHD but I can still do a lot of things for myself. I understand having a learning disability is not easy for myself or my mum but I am fortunate to be who I am. It makes me unique, I attend school, I'm even in a class with other kids with learning disabilities who I consider my friends.
HP x DM forever chapter 13 . 12/6/2017
this is a great story! KUDOS to you
EverydayClumsy chapter 13 . 11/14/2017
Wow this was a hard hitting one. My heart and soul hurts for all of them, fuck.
azulkan2 chapter 13 . 10/29/2017
Wow, serious story. Glad Petunia developed a heart. Really glad 's Figg did what she did. Would have liked to see Dumbles face when he found out they were gone. All in all a great story.
kaifat chapter 1 . 10/28/2017
impressive. really impressive work. good luck with your next ones
Maltheniel chapter 13 . 10/17/2017
This is an achingly beautiful story. I love the way Harry's impediment winds up changing everything. The first few drabbles, when Petunia held him, I was thinking desperately, Don't let her reject him. I absolutely loved it when she chose Harry over Vernon. That would be an absolutely devastating choice to make, and I'm glad you didn't skim over it but showed Petunia conflicted. I really, really ship Remus and Petunia here; they're both broken, but together they make something beautiful out of it. I also really appreciate that Petunia takes a while to get over her fear of magic. I also like Mrs. Figg warning them and the way they pull up roots and move. You did a good job, too, of showing that no choice is without its consequences; without Harry there, the weight of the world lands on Neville's shoulders. And you did a good job of how a teenager would react too, with Dudley.

My favorite drabbles were: Dudley realizes his crush has a disabled brother; Harry has a girlfriend; Remus tells Petunia ( because of that last line, where she's terrified but determined to move past - she's grown up). But my far my favorite is when Harry calls Petunia mum. After all she's done for him, she deserves it.

Your fanfic is heartbreaking and beautiful. Because Harry will never be the strong young man of the books, and what he is costs those around him, but he has found what he always wanted most - a family.
Itachi008 chapter 13 . 9/18/2017
This is the most beautiful H.P. story I have ever read! :D
Lumiellie chapter 13 . 9/14/2017
This painted a beautiful picture in my mind.