Reviews for The Pursuit of Happiness
I'mInk chapter 1 . 2/8
Cue frustration at this open but strangely satisfying ending, XD
There's not much else I can think of saying right now other than good job! The conversation felt genuine, and had a very calming effect on me, despite the ending.
Thank you for writing this story!
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
I really love this one. I think perhaps because it invites the reader to do some deeper thinking about the American Ideals that we take for granted, but perhaps don't always apply.

I've enjoyed some of your other stories but this one seems to be of a higher caliber of writing. I like the way you use subtle descriptions to get your point across. Such as when Maddie uses Phantom's name rather than the dehumanizing title of ghost and contrasting it with the exchange of humor.

I think Mr. Lancer might be in for a treat and a lively discussion in his class tomorrow.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
That was very interesting, I love Maddie and Phantom bonding fics :)
ForUrEntertainment chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
I love this! The conversation between Phantom and Maddie was really interesting to look at. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2016
I liked this!
Ohsochich chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
This SO needs to turn into a multichap story.
I NEED to know what happens afterwards
It would make an sweet little reveal story
DannyPhantomPhan chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
Oh I love this and I agree with Danny 100 percent. Excellent work.
sjsreader chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! Very very nice! Danny being all clever and sneaky but still so entirely DANNY, and Maddie is still Maddie, and wow you are very talented at keeping characters in character! Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/14/2016
Aww
EnderNadra chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I love it! That was amazing!
Luna Lillyth chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
This website is trying to kill me with all the feels. :,)
Great chapter 1 . 8/18/2015
Hohoho, good points Danny! Looking forward to more!
SunBinamra chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
I like how you showed Maddie's hesitation and wariness about talking to s ghost she's been hunting for so long, even at the end where she and Phantom have somewhat reached an understanding. Since it was a kids cartoon, I can understand why the creators downplayed and even made fun of the Fentons' antagonism towards ghosts, but in reality I think your scenario would have been more likely. It makes the characters more human. Excellent work!
BoredomIsAnUnderstatement chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
I really, really, REALLY liked this. It was very in-character for both Danny and Maddie; it was awkward and tense, yet it dragged both of them onto an equal, if uneasy, playing field. They argued, but they understood each other better by the end of it - an excellent development of their characters. The two so rarely got to talk to each other as ghost hunter and ghost in the show, which was a little bit sad. They both could have really benefited from a discussion like this.

I'm glad I stumbled across this little gem. It really made me smile and think. Thanks for that. :)
Kurami Rocket chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
This, omg, this was so freakin brilliant and beautifully written. It showed so clearly poor Danny's feelings of hurt for not being accepted, of trying so hard to protect the city, putting his life on the line, sacrificing so much to defend everyone, to do what is right. And for what? All to get a ectogun to the face, to be shunned and feared by many, sti ll. I always did say it was like ghost discrimination. Hell, that is what it is. And I can understand people's fear, but still. No one can just group people like that. It's hurtful and just not right.

So a very excellent job on this! Highly enjoyed it and is going to my faves! :)