Reviews for Frostbitten Flower
Ekoaleko chapter 18 . 9/7/2008
No. Way.

Okay, so...metaphorically, let's say that this story is a ball of sex, and I am the enthralled voyeur. Or, perhaps, this is the prettiest bird in the world and I'm a...uh...bird watcher.

FUCK IT, THIS STORY WAS AMAZING.

I love it. I love how you always continue at your own pace and fart in all the readers' faces. I love how you can come up with your own ideas and follow through with them just because you can. I'm too lazy to point out specifics, but this story was beautiful, characterizations spot-on and breathless.

New story. Now. That Skye fic you're going on about. Screw those stupid Winx bastards. I want more. :D haha. LOVE IT.
Tia Ordona 23 chapter 18 . 9/7/2008
Alas. XD A perfect ending to a perfect story. I loved Cassandra's character. I was almost afraid that we didn't get to know her...almost...but I'm glad the epilogue was in her point of view. Hm...Celia and Marlin married? It's about time. :3

Hugh and Cassandra do make a cute couple. XD

Thank you so much for writing this. It was beautiful and I'm glad I got a chance to read it. :)
Infinite Blue chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
... Wow. I'm not even sure where to begin. This is one of - no, THE - most beautiful fanfiction I have ever read, hands down. I've been following this story faithfully ever since it's beginning, and oh my God... the characterization, the narration, the symbolism, everything; it was amazing. Jack, Celia, and Marlin all yanked mercilessly at my heartstrings (the waterworks were going on several occasions), but not without meaning. It wasn't just romantic tension that kept the story going, but true character development. And Muffy and Cassie made both great comic relief... as well as multi-dimensional characters I could easily empathize with. This is one of those stories I can read again and again, and I'll always enjoy it both at face value and on a deeper emotional level. Thank you SO much for your time and dedication to write this, and best of luck with your future endeavors!
nevermore199 chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
A wonderful ending to a wonderful fic. I liked seeing into Cassie's head-it was interesting to see an outsider's perspectiveness of the silly stubborn ways of Marlin and Celia.

You've done a great job on this fic, and I'll be looking forward to your next one!
Rexa13 chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
Yet another end to another perfect story. I thought Hugh and Cassie would make a good couple though. *laughs*

I always dread the end of your stories (not because there bad) but I can't wait to see how you end it.

Thanks for writing all your stories,

Rexa13
Scarlet Snidget chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
I really loved Cassie's POV. It was a refreshing new take on the story, innocent and still seeing the world as magical... not jaded like Celia and Marlin. I felt the wedding set-up could have been a bit awkward, but you carried it out well. And I am very happy that they got married, but that they had matured first. It made it feel more satisfying. All in all, I loved this story... definitely one of the best fanfics I've ever read. :)
Mai-chan chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
Oops...when I looked at my other review, I realized that it came up as a review for chapter 1, not for chapter 17 like I meant it to be! XD

But yeah, on to the review itself.

This is one of the best fanfictions I've found on not only , but other sites as well. You have an amazing ability to express emotion and create beautiful and meaningful metaphors. I loved the epilogue and the very last few sentences: in them, you ingrained a flawless image of both Celia and Marlin (and I didn't think that it was too Cassie-centric!). Despite all the ups and downs they had to face, they had a happy conclusion, and I find that very satisfying. I laughed when I found out that Cassie tricked Celia and Marlin: that was really funny! Keep writing: you have great talent!

Lotsa love,

~Mai-chan~
Kountry101 chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
Wow!

That was a Wonderful idea of doing Cassie's POV for the ending.

It just seemed to fit the story perfectly. It was a great way to end the story.

I really wish now to see how Cassie's and Hugh's relationship will go now that it will be long-distance...

But anyway you're still an awesome writer! _
AnimeReallyIsMyLife chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
aw! the end was so pretty! i luvluvluvluvluvluvluvluv this story! its something a person could read again and again!
Blank Ned chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
Utterly fantastic, Scarlet - I don't mind admitting your writing in this has brought tears to my eyes more than once while reading this (don't worry, they were the good kind of tears!). A lovely read for a September morning - kudos to you.
Mage the Observer chapter 18 . 9/6/2008
An epilogue worthy of the story, my friend. I knew they'd probably come together at some point, now that they could do so for the right reasons(though it's just like them to wait so damned long)...

Keep writing. You're really good at it.
Catgirl AnimeFreak chapter 18 . 9/5/2008
Ahh~

Wow ...

I'm going to miss this fic a lot. Well, it's not going to be gone, I suppose, and I'll probably be going through my Favourite Stories in the future sometime and end up rereading this, but still ...

Love it when Marlin proposes. That was so sweet. Marlin is full of cute and win.
Sarah303 chapter 18 . 9/5/2008
One of the best endings I've ever read in a while!
Brandersnatch chapter 18 . 9/5/2008
Aww, Cassie and Hugh. XD; I have to say that I love this chapter whether you believe it or not... Although when I tried making a mental image of this chapter I was having difficulties imagining Hugh as an adult since I'm so used to seeing him with that little bandaid on his cheek. WELL ANYWAYS, I really wanna see more updates from you, and WOOHOO FOR MARLIN AND CELIA!
Tia Ordona 23 chapter 17 . 8/30/2008
I hope you know how terribly beautiful this is.

Honestly, I was blown away by the use of language the whole time, the beautiful metaphors you use, the overall dialogue and heartbreaking plotline. This left me almost breathless. Every scene is plausible, which is a difficult feat.

This could very well be the best thing I've ever read, no joke. Splendid job, indeed. ;3
172 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »