Reviews for Frostbitten Flower
Mai-chan chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
So it's almost done? Too bad...I love Frostbitten Flower so much! One of my favorite things about your writing style is the way you paint a vivid scene with your descriptive language. I can always picture every single scenario in my mind, and I love being able to do that! I'm looking forward to the epilogue with great anticipation! _
AnimeReallyIsMyLife chapter 17 . 8/27/2008
that was sad and beautiful. I cant believe Jack died and I never knew that Celia was capable of those things. I cant wait till you finish the story. I rlly want to know what happens.
kelley28 chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
Oh my god, I actually cried! Great chapter! So much emotion in such a short time. I can't believe it's almost over.
Mage the Observer chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
And out of the night, a new and brighter day is born.

You've got a real talent for stories of personal growth, Scarlet. I'm a little jealous of that. I'm just a humble storyteller, relying on the old tales for my best material. I don't think I could create something this truly human in nature(although I'll still try)...
nevermore199 chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
Aw, just one more chapter left? :( I'm sad.

But this has been a wonderful story, and this chapter was no exception. Can't wait to read the epilogue!
HmGirly chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
Scarlet!

Would you believe me if I said I'd only just caught up on this? And now... *whimper*... I've arrived in time for the epilogue.

Which, granted, means I don't have to wait in between chapters, but also means that I'm at the end of this brilliant story.

Your writing is breathtaking, you know that? Very, very few writers can encapsulate emotion the same way you do, and your METAPHORS, Scarlet. They're incredible. You have this... surreal way of describing things, that people could never have thought of themselves, but when you write it... we know exactly what you're talking about.

I so hoped that MarlinxCelia would get together, and while there's a SLIGHT chance that the epilogue would show that, I highly doubt it now. What can I say? I'm a sucker for highly sappy romantic endings, but... the way you ended this last chapter was so beautiful, I really didn't mind.

Can't wait to see the epilogue, even though I don't want this to end. *cheers*

Hannah
Catgirl AnimeFreak chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
Ahh!

Oh my goodness. Fabulous.

The kiss was just - oouuhh!

Wow. I'm speechless. Loved it. Wow.

... wow.
Scarlet Snidget chapter 17 . 8/26/2008
This chapter was so... touching. After all the pain both of them have gone through and caused, they've found a way to come back together. I almost cried. And your whole story carried a beautiful theme of how stupid people can be and how all we do gets in the way of the pure and simple truth. There is rarely a fanfic this deep. Loved it; it was really a beautiful story, and I look forward to the epilogue.
Tallis-chan chapter 16 . 8/23/2008
I'm glad for Celia... finally being strong to really deal with it. To find her strength, without using Marlin. I'm so proud... I knew she had it in her.

Now, the question is, how she is going to get Marlin to forgive her?

Great job!
Tallis-chan chapter 15 . 8/21/2008
I'm actually proud of Muffy for standing up for herself. And also of Marlin for being strong enough to confront the problem. But I'm actually on both sides, support wise. I understand Celia's reasons, but Marlin is still being unfairly used... Hmm...

I am curious about where you are going to go with this. Great job!
Scarlet Snidget chapter 16 . 8/21/2008
Wow. This chapter actually brought tears to my eyes. With Romana's story, and the story behind Jack's death, and celia's determination... it was so emotional. Fabulous. And I can't wait to read what Marlin thinks in the next chapter. :D
Kuruk chapter 16 . 8/21/2008
Oh yes. I am so proud of Celia right now. That was a very brave thing of her to do, facing those fears, and I think that the message you're crafting in this story is so essential that everyone should know, and you are crafting it beautifully.

Even so I wonder how this well turn out. Celia has matured, I suppose she has begun to find her resolution, but I don't know about Marlin yet. I wonder if he and Muffy will get together...? I hope that he finds a woman that can love him as much as he loved Celia, and that he finds peace either way.

As usual, beautiful. I really loved this chapter. Excellent. :)

Kuruk
Ekoaleko chapter 16 . 8/21/2008
Fucking shit, Scarlet. (You really have to lift that censor.)

You must have the most intricate, meticulous, most beautiful writing style in the universe. It's not rough or ragged or flawed in any way. The descriptions are all perfect, laced exactly where they should be, explaining all the things questioned. I don't know how you do it, and I hate you for it.

Haha, keeding. But excellent job. I can't wait til the end...I have some ideas for what may happen, but I'll keep them to myself, cuz I can be a pretty good guesser ;D
10joinfei chapter 16 . 8/20/2008
So short, but for the first time in three or so chapters, really satisfying.

I was hoping you would explain Jack's death (you mentioned in the story that he "collapsed dead in a feild" but It didnt quite add up in my mind) a tree falling seems about right.

Maybe its because I just took out my contacts and I'm squinting horribly (I think next time I'll think the "I wont need my glasses on vacation" thing through...) but I feel my eyes tearing up. Great job

10join

fei
Rozewater chapter 16 . 8/20/2008
Oh, this is so touching! I'm so glad to see Celia coming to her senses. And yes. Romana will be a great roll model for our little farmer girl as she starts back on the road to recovery.

Like always, you leave me wanting more. Well done.
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »