Reviews for Oath Fulfilled
theLord'ssparrow chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Thank you for doing this. Christ's forgiveness extended to Maglor is just exactly perfect. Not to mention it almost made me cry - a feat usually reserved for scenes such as the death and resurrection from Ben-Hur or the ends of the Narnia movies.
Eruhin chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
It was utterly beautiful. Especially reading it during Easter. Thank you for this!
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
This was awesome, well done!
Voronwen chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Oh, my dear Lirenel! This is the story I have been waiting for ever since I first read THE SILMARILLION 35 years ago, and I didn't, until now, realize that I'd been awaiting it.

I've always love redemption fics in just about any genre, but this is the first of this type I've read concerning a Tolkien character.

Your wording was beautiful, and held the same sort of cadence found in parts of THE SILMARILLION, and I enjoyed this so very much. When Maglor hid because of his perception of unworthiness, I sniffled, when he despaired at Christ's death, I wept. And when he felt the joy of Divine forgiveness I could not stop smiling even as tears threatened... tears of joy.

Thank you for this tale. I am so glad that I decided to read your older works. I would have hated to have missed this one. Be certain that I shall be sharing the link to it (and other of your tales) with my friends.

Well done! I have utter confidence that any original fiction you write will be beautiful. (Do be sure to update your profile here when you get published so I can buy your book!) :-)
Darkover chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Dear Lirenel: This is a fine story you have written. Very powerful. I believe I first read it at the "Stories of Arda" website, but I don't recall if I reviewed it or not. I enjoyed reading it; it is both descriptive and moving. Thank you for writing and posting it. BTW, I don't usually try to push my fics on to other people, but as you are a Christian and try to write from that perspective, you might enjoy reading one of my LotR fics, "The Last Quest." If you were to read it, and tell me what you think, I would be delighted. If you don't have the time or inclination, I understand. Thanks again for this lovely story of Maglor's being forgiven, and take care! Sincerely, Darkover
amebane chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
I liked your story. I like all the ones that have God or Jesus in them as they relate to Maglor.
Follower of Aslan chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Well done...I was looking for a story like this, among this genre. Thanks for writing it, it was great
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Wonderful, touching story! God bless you and your writing! ~Ila
Jilian Baade chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Please read all this review carefully...for the first couple of lines may sound unpleasant when they are not meant that way.

I'm not a Christian, I was born one and now follow a Pagan path. As such, I don't personally believe Christ was actually God come to Earth in the shape of a man, but a divinally inspired human.

HOWEVER, all that said, I LOVED this story. For in suspending my belief system, I can see where, as Christians believe, Christ would have been able to forgive Maglor. It rings true, and is a lovely tale. I throughly enjoyed it, and you know what? I'm sure you would have Tolkien's complete approval for this story. Very well done!
Caethieu chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
A very sweet and moving piece. This Christian redemption theme works for Maglor for some reason and imagining Christ from the perspective of an Elf is instructive and satisfying. Well done.

(As a side note, Deborah wrote a similar, but Epiphany-themed, piece about Maglor and the Christ-Child. It should still be somewhere on this site, you may want to look it up if you're not familiar with it already. I can try to find the title if you want.)

Caethieu.
Frodo's Girl Forever chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
That was Jesus Christ, wasn't it? I loved it! Maglor's grief shall be no more! Though, I don't think Tolkien meant for Eru to be seen as Yahweh, but I still thought your idea was an interesting one! I wonder what would happen if Yahweh and Eru really met, though! That really would be an entertaining story!
ellfine chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
well done! You "captured" Maglor and "released" him well.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Oh! this was just PERFECT!

I'm sitting here smiling so wide and my eyes still want to weep at the same time... it is so moving! I could FEEL Maglor's grief during those days of darkness before the Christ came to him. And I could feel his joy!

Wonderful story! Well done! I'm putting this on my favorites list!