Reviews for Uncharted Waters
Woman of Letters chapter 5 . 3/1
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review (February 2016):

I liked the spare style of this story, and the Way you insert Caitlin into the boys' lives naturally, as a relative of Ellen's. Sam and Dean are well drawn, and the story does not touch deeply on the only-just-begun relationship between your OC and our heroes, but that works.

Given the life-or-death situation, Dean's defenses are way down, and his concern for Sam gives a good reason for him to tolerate Caitlin's interference. I would love to know more about her back history with Toby, but I have a feeling that will come out in future adventures.

As a character, Caitlin is interesting, but because we weren't so clued in on what happened with her and Toby, I didn't get a clear sense of her conflict at the start of the story. Bringing out why she might even consider hunting in the future, relating her conflict more clearly to Sam and Dean and what she sees in their relationship - that would have made this a stronger story.

I did, however, really like Caitlin as a character, and I would definitely read future stories in this series.

Woman of Letters
BlackIceWitch chapter 5 . 2/12
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards : February 2016

This story has a great deal of potential to being an introduction to the development of an interesting relationship between the original character and the Winchesters. The character of Caitlin was likeable. The story’s events and premise were too light on detail to maintain a reasonable level of tension, primarily due to a lack of plausibility and characterisation. Rushing through moments with exposition, or without a sufficient build up in character interactions, results in demeaning the importance of those things, something that invariably leaves the reader feeling as if important moments have been skipped over. That is the sort of feedback and help a good beta can give the writer just starting out, determining the levels of detail required to fully engage the reader and allow them to live in the story.
SPN Mum chapter 5 . 2/11
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - February 2016

Caitlin was a wonderful character and she seemed to fit right into the story in a very believable way. I enjoyed the way you showed how the Winchesters appeared to someone who didn't know them by anything other than reputation. Sam and Dean were both very true to their characterizations, and I liked how neither of them were wanting to accept Caitlin's help, but let her stay because of Ellen being her aunt. Your descriptions of the different levels of agony that Dean went through, as well as how hard Sam was taking it, and how difficult Caitlin had in staying objective, drew me in and kept me reading when I should have been doing other things. I could see everything happening in my mind's eye very clearly. Nice job on portraying the brother's closeness without getting overly sappy. Sam and Dean came to trust Caitlin by the end of the story, as shown by Sam willing to leave and get food, and Dean asking her to stay. Having Caitlin agree to stay was also very believable. I enjoyed this story well enough that I want to read more.
beckini chapter 5 . 4/10/2015
Well written. Good story. I like it very much.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
I am not officially addicted.
Aiden chapter 5 . 4/11/2014
Usually, OC fics don't end up the way they should. But I applaud you.
Your character dynamics were right on point, their motivations were made clear, and you kept the plotline steady with an ending that us readers could play with. You didn't make it too sappy, but Caitlin's motives were original, and you just completely hit the target with this one. Kudos to you.
Freya922 chapter 5 . 9/25/2013
Thanks so much for your story - mega angst from the get-go!
BlackIceWitch chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
Very nice story, a well-developed character and spot-on dynamic between Dean and Sam - great job!
ccase13 chapter 5 . 10/20/2011
Poor Dean. It's bad enough to be poisoned but poisone where you can't have anything other than water is really awful. Sam was lucky to have Caitlin so he could rest a little.
Zinfer chapter 5 . 7/22/2011
I loved this fic sooooo much! Really cute :)
Delena4Nian50 chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
i am a major Dean fangirl and hate to see him hurting, but sometimes I love the whole dying Dean thing. maybe you could do like an alternate ending thing...if not, I really do like the story. You perfectly described every emotion that Sam had and Dean was perfect also! Great work.
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 5 . 4/4/2011
This is an absolutely wonderful story. I love how Caitlin seems occationally like a sister to Sam and Dean.

If you haven't done any other stories with this plotline you really should. I'd read it for sure.
bjq chapter 5 . 7/6/2010
Will Caitlen and Dean hook up? Will Dean be ok? How about Sam? I think Sam and Jo make a better couple! Please update soon
Hunnique chapter 5 . 4/25/2010
Thank you for an excellent story. You are very very good in your characterizations. IT's a sunny Sunday outside, but I had to finish reading this first. Nice!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 5 . 4/24/2010