Reviews for Trying Too Hard
MorTay3 chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
This was powerful writing here. You wrote this at 13?!

What made this perfect was the interpretation of the dream and that Helga for once was occupied in her own thoughts to even think about Arnold. I also loved that Arnold could relate. The dream was genius!

Very powerful writing.
GoldenBug Prime chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
i liked it. its pretty good
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Actually, this is very good for a thirteen year old. You have reason to be proud, I couldn't stage a proper sentence to save my life at thirteen. Well done.
Jae B chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Hey, who said that was horrible? You were and still are a remarkable author.

I like Helga's inner thoughts, as well as Arnold's. They really are alike in many ways, though Arnold is the calmer of the two.

This shows the two individuals' maturity.

Keep on writing!

-Jae-
apie chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
that was great! coulda worked as a real episode :)
eko-9 chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
wow it has been ages sense i heard the name "hey arnold" i missed that show and the dynamics of the arnold and helga oh and great story when i was 13 i couldn't write my way out of a paperbag os my hat is off to you at your writing talent
weartheseshorts chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
It's amazing to think how much the Hey Arnold! fanbase has grown. Soon enough we'll be in our mid-forties reviewing each other's fanfics. I think I remember you on Nick .com, but really, I followed too many writers on that site to remember. Plus, I was 8-years-old at the time.

Wow, that certainly was better than anything MY 13-year-old counterpart could conjure up. Really. This was a short, sweet story that, though it could have been a bit more eloquent, was perfect in the world of Hey Arnold! It was great, actually, and could be realistic, which is a lot more than some early-teensters can think of. :P

And congrats on the puppy!

that's me

ahhelga

aka Pauline
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
You make me feel so terrible... I mean now I see that my writing skills won't ever match the ones of 13-year-old version of you.

And a puppy... ew, I hate dogs. Why you couldn't have a cat?
kialajaray chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I hope that you're happy with your puppy. I thought that this fic was different from your others. Not in a bad way though. To me, it shows them starting to grow up. Major kudos!

kialajaray
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Aw, a puppy! Good for you.

And you have good reasons to feel proud. Marvelous job with both Helga and Arnold, and Phoebe and Gerald have some nice dialogues here.

Arnold and Helga had the right idea. By not forcing a relationship, they might end with the right person.

Keep the good writing.
Nikki Narcissist chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Pointy, you are my hero. That was amazingly amazing.
Sapphyre Snow chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
So, I'm jealous...I want a cute puppy! Lol, well, this was stinkin' good for a fourteen year-old! Isn't it fun to find old things you wrote as a kid? The story was so cute and sweet and I liked that it ended like an episode and would without any happy, romantic ending, lol! Only problem I saw was that there were quite a few missing words, spelling errors, and punctuation errors. I usually don't say much when there's just a few, but there were a lot and being an editor it's totally distracting! Anyway, looking forward to the next installment of The Compromise!
APV chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Hopefully I'm first to review. I kinda doubt it though. Anyway...

WOW! That's was so good! I really did just love it! It really did just make my day better and put a big ol' smile on my face! )

Just 13/14 years old? I'm really impressed! Look forward to reading more of your stories! _