Reviews for Voldemort's Lesson
hybridphoenix chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
You have to declare that that particular secret of flying was not originally conceived by you, lol. Although I must say I'm surprised that Voldemort fancied Douglas Adams' work;)
Shadows-of-Realm chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Well... That was odd but hilarious... Great job!
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
That was pretty good! I liked how some of the dialog was humorous, especially the part about throwing at the ground but missing. The details here are subtle too but they help the reader visualize the situation, such as Yaxley's reaction to the hissing Nagini, and Snape's first attempt/failure. I always wondered how he managed to learn that. I liked how you ended with the scene where Snape finally puts the trick to good use-for some reason that part always makes me laugh, probably because of the way JKR decsribes McGonagall pointing to the "Snape-shaped hole" in the window. I can just picture the outline of a person with the rest of the glass still intact, like in one of those cartoon shows or something.

An Aspiring Author chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
very interesting! i really liked it! great job!
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I like this! The idea for it is really original, and you pulled off great characterizations for both Snape and Voldemort.
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I just love that line 'The trick is to throw yourself at the ground...and miss.' Very well written. Snape especially comes through well, I like the way he thinks in this piece. Voldemort wasn't quite as skilfully done, in particular the line 'he grinned evilly' jarred with me. Maybe because he is so evil anyway, you don't need the adjective. But then, I can't really picture him grinning either. Sorry,I'm getting picky. I really liked it, well done!
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Interesting story!

I like your explanation of how Voldemort can fly. It makes sense!

“'The trick is, Severus, to throw yourself at the ground… and miss.'”

This is easily my favorite line of the story!

Although I didn't exactly take the time to examine the story, I didn't notice any major grammatical errors!

Overall, good work! This was a nice little one-shot!
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
This was very good! Voldemort must be so hard to write, but you did a great job of portraying him; Snape as well. I loved this line, although I'm not sure why: “The trick is, Severus, to throw yourself at the ground… and miss.”

Anyway, fantastic job - and nice filling in of a missing moment (i love those) D

TheWordFountain chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
I think you did a great job with this. Your portrayal of Voldemort and Snape were really spot on and it was quite funny how everything played out. Well done!

You're Just As Sane As I Am chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
oh! now i get how he landed without dying in the book! he flew! duh...
theessenceofsyd chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
hm...not one i have seen before...

nice creativity!
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
Well, that was certainly different. I would've never thought to use that particular spell for that trick, rather than something far more complicated.
mrs.kapranos chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I loved it! This was a great tidbit you have given us; a behind the scenes look, if you will. You kept them all in character very well! Again, absolutly loved it :D

Leridan chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I had already read your story, but I forgot to review at the time being.

I like the way the story is set up. Pace, dialogue and description are all in balance.

I do have my doubts about how the theory about the magic to fly works. But since I'm no witch I can't really judge that.

Gaby Black chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
This was good; Voldemort's characterization was great.

- Gaby