Reviews for Children Of The Stars
Phantom Dennis chapter 4 . 4/14/2011
You might help people visualize this story if you told them Troy is Kent McCord, Best known today as John Crichton's father on FARSCAPE. (Kind of appropriate when you think of how Xanderish John Crichton is.) Dillon was played Barry VanDyke today best known as Steve Sloan on DIAGNOSIS MURDER. He also played Stringfellow Hawke's long-lost brother in the short-lived revival of AIRWOLF which I thought was much worse than GALACTICA 80.
Harry2 chapter 7 . 1/19/2009
I think that Kennedy needs a trip to the woodshed with F! Time to teach this spoiled BRAT of a slayer that when B speaks, YOU LISTEN! And if you don't, then there's the door! Now, lets have red and X make up and get the team together. Its going to take all the help that can be brought together to stop Twilight from doing what he has planned.
SFBKludge chapter 7 . 12/31/2008
Please someone "Kill Kenny" aka Kennedy. Or at least put the smack down on her Candy #$%.

Make sure you show it please. The way your writing her makes me want to smack her. Speaking of which. Willow needs a good smack for forgetting the Yellow Crayon.

Being annoyed by being kept out of the loop is valid. But W. knows that X would only respond. "It wasn't my secret to tell."
Cylon One chapter 2 . 10/6/2008
If there's one thing I like it's having a great series like classic Battlestar Galactica become part of another cool series like Buffy.

I really think I'm gonna like this.
HarbingerLady chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
I didn't watch BG, and only know of it from fanfics. I wonder why there are two version of BG? One: Cylon is created by lizard race, and the other: cylon is created by the colonials. Why is that?
Deiron Lionheart chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
More. Long time that i have seen an read it. It looks good aside from a few bad pronunciations. Kolbol should be Kobol, ...

Keep going
Harry2 chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
Well, I think that the Scoobies and Giles are now seriously impressed by what they have learned of the Colonies history. Now, its time to figure out how to stop this sleezebag that is trying to muck up things. And Faith needs to issue a serious apology to Adama. Can't hurt to show that even a slayer can make a mistake or two.
grd chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
Love the way this tale is developing. Hope Faith takes to flying after this. She'd make an awesome warrior. Enjoying how you've mixed the two so far.
Bobboky chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
good
grd chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
hope you write about Faith's ride. Looking forward to more. One thing, it's spelled, Kobol, not Kolbol.

Nice having Starbuck appearing to Dawn.
Harry2 chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
So, Starbuck has become one of the Ascendent, to use SG1 terms, or, to use Buffy terms, one of the PTB. Nicely done, using him to try and get Dawn to think about what has happened, and what could happen to her. And I think after this trip, Faith is going to have a hard time NOT accepting what Adama has to tell the group here.
Trish chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Keep writing. Yes, it's a bit choppy. Yes, there are mis-spellings. Yes, you need to know about some of the Galactica 1980 canon. That said, it is a good story and I am definitely looking forward to more.
PJP chapter 4 . 6/11/2008
So far this work has been interesting and you certainly have a challenge when you selected Battlestar Galactica 1980 for the x-over.

If I remember correctly, Adama was almost always right when decisions had to be made in the original series and mixing that with the mystical and magical knowledge of Giles, Willow and Buffy may need a lot of balancing in the story.

Commenting about previous review, where reviewer wrote that the decision to kick Buffy out was good for the team:

After that the team argued how to make decisions and then decided to believe a bringer and walked into a trap that would have been a disaster without Buffy returning with the scythe.

Go team! :-P

I don't remember Xander giving Buffy all that much military type advise that he could have explained with that chaos spell on Halloween, so I think Xander's status as a colonial warrior shouldn't be overplayed.

I think Buffy does a lot planning and decisions by using her instincts and that makes her plans difficult to explain to others or have a clear debate about them. But after all that instinct usage, Buffy has a slayer army just when Iblis shows up and I wonder whether Seraphs have been influencing her for a long time?

Although it looks like that the only way to beat Iblis is to manipulate him to break rules set by Seraphs, then again colonials didn't have magic to help them.

Update soon, please!
Blue Zephyr Dragon chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
Keep going. I, for one, like this story, it is on my alerts. It is getting very intersting. I look forward to more.
Bobboky chapter 4 . 6/10/2008