Reviews for The Fiend Beneath the Bed
Plug chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Absolutely fantastic. This story is living testament to the effect language is capable of rendering. Thank you very much.
RinoaDestiny chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Hello. I read this story a couple days ago, and like all good fics, the after-effects linger. What caught me in this one is that I wished each story was true in its own way until I hit the last one. Am I correct in thinking that the Church burned Callo at the stake after interrogation? And since she was in so many places already, was this way after Lea Monde or is that strange thinking due to Callo's heartseer ability?

The dialogue and prose is very true to Vagrant Story and the first story with Callo and the gems and blacksmith warms my heart (when she heartseers him and knows his situation is akin to John Hardin's). Joshua intrigues me. I'm sure he'll end up looking exactly like Sydney - twin brothers; that's what they look like - but I believed in-game that Joshua never got the taint of the Dark. I like and still appreciate your twist on it, though. It keeps the stagnant and small but struggling VS fandom alive.

Also, props for focusing on Callo. She's very interesting in her own right. I like her because while she appears to be a damsel-in-distress in-game, she still has the bollocks to question her captors. She's more afraid for them than she is for herself. One of the female greats in RPG history.