Reviews for Don't Go Gently
Maria chapter 20 . 4/22/2011
Wow. Just finished reading your story. You portrayed the characters beautifully!
Runner043 chapter 20 . 6/6/2010
Just finished reading your story. Very nice writing. I'll have to go and find another one of yours to read.
Kat's in the cradle chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Love the Dylan Thomas poem and loved this story! Suspenseful and interesting without being too over-the-top or too slow. Would love to read your other stories when I get a chance ] ] ]
ken chapter 20 . 9/14/2009
Wow, that was a really good story. I was looking for a good story with a real case and Mac getting hurt somewhere along the way. And I got way more than I was hoping for.

I really liked the story, it was a good case with a surprising twist and Mac getting injured on the way was a nice bonus ;)

So although it's probably been a while since you wrote this, let me thank you anyway for sharing it with the rest of us. It's definately the best CSI:NY Story I've read so far.
Steeldust-01 chapter 20 . 4/12/2009
This is a perfect and beautiful SMACKED story!

Thanks for sharing it.
Steeldust-01 chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
This is excellent written chapter.

It's sad, dark and very depressing.

Poor Mac.
napafun chapter 20 . 4/5/2009
wow good one

sweet and beautiful XD
The knights who until recently said Ni chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
going to be honest here, I don't watch csi so I didn't really get what was going on. The only reason I checked it out was because I wanted to know if the title was a reference to the poem, "Do not go gently into that good night," which is a pretty awesome poem as these things go, and if it was, I'd advise changing the name to do not as opposed to don't, however if it was unrelated feel free to leave it as it. Anyways I really like that poem. Yeah that's about it.
To Carve Love on Her Arms chapter 20 . 8/9/2008
A beautiful fic.

xoxo,

Tish
Confusedknight chapter 20 . 5/23/2008
I absolutely loved this too! It's so hard to find decent Stella/Mac fics out there, but this one was PERFECT! Very realistic too, which made for incredibly good reading :D Congrats on a wonderful fic, everything from the style, plot and characterisations were amazing! This is definately one for the favourites list!
Rachel Davenport chapter 20 . 5/5/2008
This story absolutely took my breath away! You have a great talent for story telling. In my opinion, this story is much more interesting than some of the episodes on television. Where did you get your inspiration?
many-themiles chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
OMFG, amazing story!

I loved it.
SallyJetson chapter 20 . 4/25/2008
Stella and Mac have a very strong and deep friendship and you beautifully portrayed it throughout the entire piece.
SallyJetson chapter 17 . 4/25/2008
I love the opening scene where you describe Mac falling. I never realized that falling could be such an experience.

And the writing is so beautiful but this passage just jumped out at me both in its thought and imagery.

quote: But her life had made her a survivor, and now made her cling on against her will until a thought came, just one. She caught hold of it, and it pulled her up through her own shadows.
Susi07 chapter 20 . 4/24/2008
This chapter was such a beautiful ending.

The descriptions of sunrise in NYC were great, I have seen it myself (yes, I actually managed to wake up early enough, well at least once.) and I think you captured the atmosphere of it very well.

The dialogue between Flack and Danny was great, I think it was even better than the one in ch18 (though that one was great, too!)

There were so many beautiful thoughts in this chapter, I especially liked: 'She kept the thought of it folded close to her chest, feeling the warmth it spread through her.' and 'She watched the ball of the sun float up from the grasp of the horizon and hover unsupported, hanging in the deepening blue, the other colours fading into memories.' Both of them were so meaingingful.

The team coming and going reminded me so much of the episode 'Charge of this Post' and I think thet athe way you desribed them was very realistic.

Of course, I loved Stella sitting at Mac's bed, taht was such a beautiful scene.

And the ending was amazing and perfectly fitting for the story.

About the story in general: I totally loved it and I have to admit, that when I started reading, I expected soemthing entirely different, but I really liked the way the story surprised me.

Well, I can't wait to read something new.

Greets Susi