Reviews for Sorry
slystir chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Holy crap. That was great. Loved the banter and the touching asides that gave us a peek into John's psyche. Thanks so much for posting this gem.
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Have I told you how much I love your stories? Like, especially the ones with Caleb in it? :D

Even down, he's still fussing over the 2 brothers... :3 Makes me want to see Dean-o give him a cuddle...SQUEEEEE.
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Aww, this was such a heart-breaking one-shot. I have to say, I'm a little protective of John too, but I quite like your description: He's a bastard, but a bastard who loved his kids. Very aptly put, I think. 8)

We had all the angst with John's reflection, and the drama of Caleb's injuries (and on his BIRTHDAY! Poor guy!). But, of course, good ol' Damien can chuck some humour in there:

"Report, now."

"I seem to be hemorrhaging, Sir."

Lovely story, it was great to see John in the spotlight.

- Coolest Badguy EVER
Aimer-est-bliss chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Love this story :) gives an idea how john thinks
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Yeah, John wasn't a monster... Not at all! He was just a human, lost in his own grief and pain and a little blind to the love his sons needed. He lost himself in the battle, but he really loved both of them.
Pretty cool story ~ I liked it
See ya around o/
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Another awesome one shot I've loved of yours.

I really like the conversation at the beginning between John and Caleb, both funny and sad at places.

And there were parts where I did want to slap John :)
WindStar chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
another wonderful oneshot. This story was once more pure genius!
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Great story!

John Winchester is such a complex character. He's driven by his need for revenge, justice and also by fear and love. Sometimes he's such a bastard and then at other moments you can see the man he should have been. I feel sorry for him.
cheesewizpants24 chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Wow! Great fic! Doesn't really make me like Johnny any better but maybe I understand him more!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
John was such a fantastic character with a ton of potential and I was beyond disappointed when they killed him off so early in the game. But I think one of the major reasons I enjoy this Brotherhood series so much is because you guys do such a brilliant job of building a 3-dementional and very realistic character out of him (and others). And because you do that as well as you do, we see the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful sides of John Winchester. This happened to be more of the bad and the ugly, but the good and beautiful shined at the right times.

But I also found this to be remarkably touching when all was said and done. One of the things I admire about male friendships (at least the guys I know) is their ability to fight and get over it relatively quickly. You seem to touch upon that often, but I like how you focused on that in this story. At least that is how I read it. It just adds to the characters that you have worked so hard to develop.
Inherent Anxiety chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Aww! I loved it! Sad, but funny too. I love the part when John says, 'when i met this punk ass brat' and Caleb says, 'I never heard about when you met Joshua.' LOL! :)
Lilly B chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
great job with the story! i really enjoyed reading it. i also think john is a bastard, but i think his intentions are always good, even if they are flawed. again, great job!
Maverick88 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
First off: I really liked this story and I have to say I recognize a lot of John in my dad. But that's another story -one I won't bore you with.

And you sort of enjoy hurting Caleb, don't you? Lately, every story I read involves Caleb getting hurt and/or having a near death experience. Not that I'm complaining; he takes it in stride and I love how "tough" Dean hovers over him like a mother hen.

There's just one thing that bugged me: writing in the present tense. You always wrote in the past tense and though I can force myself to get used to this, I prefer the other. There's just something strange about writing something like it's happening at this precise moment the entire time. Anyway, maybe it was your way of expressing that John is sorry, still at this present time. Maybe you could explain it to me?

Oh, one more thing: did you just give a hint for a story coming up about Caleb's 16th birthday? If not, look at his as a hint from me; I'd sure like to read it!
PADavis chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Quite beautiful - a little melancholy, a little touching. Thanks for a good introspective story about John. Phoebe
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Interesting spin on John's hardness towards his boys and Caleb. I think you're totally right in that he can be a bastard, but you're also totally right in his devotion to his sons. He may not have known a demon was after Sam right after Mary's death, but he knew something was coming, and if he'd gone soft on the boys they would never have been able to protect themselves or each other from what was out there.