Reviews for Harry Potter And The Elemental's Power
zeps9001 chapter 58 . 3/31
Really the pensive was just sitting out in the open, and Lillian lived with him for the last 6 months probably and it never came up? It really screws up the pacing of the story, if you introduce something half a book back, then ignore it and then bring it up again. There is still some you haven't addressed, some you've forgotten about, some that makes no sense and is obviously there just move the story along.
zeps9001 chapter 20 . 3/28
Well this was unexpected. Not sure where you're going with this but as long as Lillian is still there i'm ok with it. I dont like how you introduced Flamels in the first chapter and keep ignoring them, and they are the reason I know they have to travel back to their own dimension
Alex chapter 45 . 3/27
Some things that pop up frequently: moment versus movement, trashed versus thrashed. Also you should reread your chapters after a couple hours of having not worked on them to allow yourself to see scentences that don't make sense.
Alex chapter 41 . 3/27
This might be the first time I have ever wanted to high five Voldemort when he wasn't on the protagonist's side. I must say, this will be epic
Alex chapter 40 . 3/26
Ummmm… well, Harry's job just changed… that was certainly interesting. I'm enjoying this fic a lot, it's the first in a while that's held my interest so thoroughly
hainbane chapter 37 . 3/4
It is very amusing to read about torture/training sessions after which the characters part like friends. Espessially teens.
"-Hey i see you 1st time in my life and i'm going to beat you half to death or mutilate you horribly for a month but it will make you stronger and ofc i'll patch you up. Let's part like dear friends and you will never execute any form of revenge against me.
-Sure mate. No problem, please do, it is for the Greater Good after all."
unspoken-desires2u chapter 34 . 3/2
You know...I cant help wondering what happened to the nice Harry...the "other" Harry...what happened to his friendship with the nosy nag Hermione ...or his trip to his vaults...confronting Dumbledore?...maybe one day you could write a short accompanying piece to this explaining the ramifications on the parallel world ...unless of course you have done so in later chapters?
unspoken-desires2u chapter 20 . 3/2
sorry not enjoying this at all, your writing is brilliant but harry is a character i cannot relate to at all, he is cold and ruthless not a trace of warmth or anything about him that i can care about when reading and unfortunately your Mary sue is just way to Mary sue-ish to get any feeling for either, she is ridiculously over angry over powered but boring maybe it is just me tho and i keep reading hoping either harry will get better or the two of them will end each other lol, apart from the two main characters tho your writing style is really good
dovakiin365 chapter 62 . 2/22
Can't decide if this story is the best I've read or The True Child of Choas is, and I've read probably hundreds of fanfics
Dumbledore wonders whether Harry will be like Riddle, when he did his best to make sure Harry's childhood was worse than Riddle's?
It seems that both here and in canon, Dumbledore either performs an experiment or considers it entertainment, at least he doesn't seem to care for the result. Placing Harry with the Dursleys could either lead to a broken boy or to someone who considers everybody an enemy, because that is what life at the Durleys taught him.
This first chapter/introduction/prolog already proved that there is no "good Dumbledore". He may be able to convince himself that he has good intentions, but for all we know, so does Voldemort. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

As you included the paragraph with the scar, why would Dumbledore not remove the scar even if he could? If you follow canon, then the scar is a horcrux, and Dumbledore's plan is for Harry to die. "Good Dumbledore", indeed. It is also the only explanation of canon that makes sense considering Dumbledore's actions: He wants Harry to have hell on earth instead of childhood, low self esteem and considering his life worthless, being trained to consider himself responsible for everything bad that happens, so that when Dumbledore says "jump", he will jump to his death. To achieve that, he made sure that Sirius is in Azkaban without a trial, while the real Death Eaters got one. He arranges for Hagrid to give Harry his Hogwarts letter and at the same time talk about Dumbledore being good. Dumbledore later sends Harry back to the Dursleys, only to then graciously allow him to leave.

In this story he also lies to Minerva, and when she dares to question him, she believes everything he says and even feels the need to apologize.

That doesn't mean the story is bad, but I don't think it is possible to have a story with a good Dumbledore unless it is AU before he places Harry at the Dursleys' door. Even if the Dursleys would accept Harry, just leaving him at the door despicable, and indicates that he knows that they don't want Harry.
SortingHat chapter 8 . 2/15
So after having severe burns from touching Quirell's turbine and nearly getting killed he just gets up and leaves the hospital like that?

Sorry but what you see is Hollywood. If even half the real world physics were used Harry would need severe monitoring spells when he does get out of the hospital wing and he would need massive magical and muggle surgery.

After the wizards have done what they can with Harry after the stone incident he would have to be flown out of Hogwarts by medi copter and get a fun flight to a major hospital that has far better tools.

Hogwarts mainly does bumps and bruises with the odd broken bone thrown in from Quidditch. There are very good muggle hospitals with very advance technology and well trained surgeons but they require helicopter flights.

Hogwarts should have a landing pad if I were headmaster I'd make that a priority to have a landing pad so a helicopter can be ready to land at any time.
SortingHat chapter 7 . 2/15
I wonder what it would be like if Harry was forced to have a pacemaker due to being discovered as malourished *if I spelled that right* and having extreme asthma attacks and they have to figure out how Harry can go to school without interference from other electric/magical effects.

I have seen a story of a kid who can't have any radio interference on a pace maker that is more sensitive then adult kinds so I wonder how the effects of pacemakers and hogwarts would be if Harry was forced to have one to regulate frequent asthma attacks.

Maybe it could cause at least Dudley to feel sorry for him and be more nice regardless of his folks and that causes his folks to back off which Snape discovers the situation.
SortingHat chapter 6 . 2/14
I know what a broken wrist is like and believe me a fall from that height and Neville would be having back surgery or rib surgery depending on how he landed and if he did anything to minimize damage even the slightest.

Only in Hollywood could Neville land from several stories high and live to tell the tale.

People do not survive a fall of more then three stories or if they do they can barely move or worse paralyzed where all Neville could do is stare at the ceiling.

He would NOT be in any walking condition and even with magic not for quite some time.
SortingHat chapter 5 . 2/14
For quite some time I enjoyed reading it right up till about here *hence the word enjoyed for you dunderheads* because you totally went script here and it's just the same as reading the book other then a switch of houses.

Sorry but that's a no go and I'll push the return carriage key that takes my carriage all the way back to London.
3,985 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »