Reviews for Dreaming of a Dream
sadal suud chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Oohh... this was written very beautifully! I'm impressed, Manna! I mean, not to say that you don't write well normally - on the contrary, your prose is always pleasantly smooth, but in this case it's exceptionally good.

[The first half (the dream) was edited seven or eight times, total, so I hope I cut enough out and simplified it just as I meant to.]

Seven or eight times? Wow! It definitely shows. Terrific job!

PS I'm hoping for warmer days too... The weather here is so darn unpredictable...
FireEdge chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Well, this was interesting and rather different. It's a nice change of pace to see you write from Lyn's POV. I thought that the dream sequence was well written and it gives you a lot to think about. Though I must say that my brain isn't working too well at the moment, so I can't really go into a deep analysis of it. All I can fathom at the moment is that it relates to the day her tribe was slaughtered... And, of course, the hinted KentLyn is always appreciated.

Yeah. Warmer days would be great. I don't know how it is now where you are, but where I am there's still snow on the ground. It's getting warmer and it's almost gone but the white is still here and there. I'm hoping that it'll all be gone by my birthday. )
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
This is almost poetic. I love it! And truly, I think everyone this side of the equator is dreaming of warmer days by now.
Talren chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
That was beutifully written. Your writting makes ever scene feel, vivid and life like. Its a great piece and give us a small glimpse into Lyn's thoughts and feelings. My only real complaint is the story doesn't do much except give us a small look into a well known characer. But still, its a very nice piece of work.
Qieru chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Again I'm beset with the curse of "I really liked reading it but I have absolutely no idea what to say". So, I guess I'll fight that as best I can and /try/ to say stuff, although I don't know how successful I'll be in that endeavor. I guess I just liked the reflection into Lyndis's thoughts, and a little of her past. The whirling of events in her dream seemed well written with enough of the confusion which usually comes in dreams (if I made any sense). And you transitioned from dream to reality rather well, I felt. So, can't really think of anything to criticize. :B

God Bless,