Reviews for Song Without A Name
AutumnPromises chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
i thought it was a beautiful idea; significant, and poetically sad how it was almost like a "Paradise Lost"- he's let her go before, and now he knows he has to do it again, and for some reason i feel like he's telling her through song.

because we all know that house is never good with words.

but the only thing i'd like to say is that you could have described more, made it longer, more in depth. it just seems too brief to be able to support that achingly heavy last sentence.

i don't want to say that this beautiful story is "light", per say, (as in emotional depth), but perhaps a lighter concluding sentence would have balanced it out perfectly.

anyways, i think you are a wonderful writer. and from looking at your other works, you have an extraordinary talent of concocting amazing final sentences.
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I gotta say I really liked the way you described the song. It was kind of appropriate the way there wasn't a whole lot of dialogue. I personally love writing and reading dialogue between House and Cuddy, but what they don't say is sometimes just as interesting. ;)
AliceInScribbleLand chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
oh god... i love it... first i love the song lol second your discription of the piece he was playing was just amazing... awesome!
chocolatequeen chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Great piece! I think it's one of the best House/Cuddy pieces I've read. The metaphor of music works very well, and the shortness of the story marries well with the lack of resolution in their relationship currently.
Almost Something chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Beautiful. It made me cry ;)
Skylarcat chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Ah. So many things to say. Sometimes, I like a good sad fic. One that just makes you cry. I don't know. I just have my moments. You write very beautifully.

They sounded like a heart that had been broken, healed, and then broken again.

Love how you compared the song and created a picture. I could just hear it and see this whole scene in my head.

And he let her go. Just as he had done in the past, just as he was doing now, just as he would continue to do.

Beautiful ending. Sad, yes, but sometimes sadness can be beautiful, it that makes sense. Well done.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
very god job..I liked the use of description of House playing..well done :)

God and peace

Vanessa :)
Claraon chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
It's nice. I'm personally having trouble with my own Piano!Huddy fic right now, and really like your musical description bit. Though I think you could have phrased some parts like "making music that was at once ugly and beautiful" better.

And perhaps there's not enough insight on either's character emotions. Cuddy POV is fine, but there's material here to explore it a bit more, I think.

Anyway, I do love the last sentence: simple and yet so true.

Oh, and One Flight Down is such a beautiful song !