Reviews for Conquest
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Death? That would be interesting. Curious to hear the answer :)
Laziness Incarnate chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Love! Love conquered them all.
AlexHamato chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
no fair! Willowfly beat me too it :D it sounds autobiographical... that's what i first thought... i swear! i was surprised actually that people thought that it was Karai or Venus... i'm really loving your stories! i'm surprised i haven't checked you out earlier :D can't wait to read more! *click on Favorite Author*
Willowfly chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Ah ha! I just stumbled upon this today and I'm itching to tell you my thoughts! I read your reviews, and honestly, I'd have to answer none of the above. To me it's autobiographical! Or well, that's what it reminded me of. To be able to grab hold, pick apart, "break" and "conquer" some characters is a far easier task than for others. Personally, Leo is extremely difficult to write. He can be so enigmatic, it's hard to really get inside his head. The others, yes, they are relatively simple, wear their hearts and souls out in the open. But Leo... he's so internal it's hard to say exactly how he functions. But once you do begin to get a feel for him, it is a small victory!

And now my review is longer than your fic.

I hope I'm not acting completely insane here. I tend to over analyze. :P

Much Love,

Willowfly
OMG chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Now you have piqued my curiosity! I must know, what 'she' is speaking of! /
princessebee chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Karai is the obvious choice, but is wrong for so many reasons (well, if you're placing this within canon and not some unwritten fic of yours).

So I'm going for April and how she wormed her way into their hearts! ;)
SilentMyriad chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I read this yesterday and I just cannot get it out of my head - I keep turning the possibilities over and over. You are making me (more) crazy! (But in a good way.)

What do we know:

1)dramatic, 2)female perspective, 3)one by one description of 'defeating' them, 4) verbs are "break" and "conquered", 5)trusting, impulsiveness and curiosity are detrimental traits, 6)principled, cautious and stubborn are advantageous traits.

1)Something this dramatic should actually be describing something totally innocuous. 2)Therefore April. 3)The one-by-one description seperated out makes me think the 'battles' were like that (i.e. not a group fight). As a note, the order here makes me vote against Karai again - if she was to attack them one by one, I would think she would either a) go after Leonardo and no one else or b) pick the easiest/most available target first which would be Raphael. But that's all my opinions.

I think April beat them all at a game. It's the figuring out _which_ game is giving me the headache. It's not anything like chess or Go, because Don or Leo would trounce her every time. I really want to say she beat them all in Poker. But then I'm breaking my own rule in Point 3. And you don't really "conquer" anyone in poker. Though all the traits fit. *sigh*

Civilizations IV was tempting, but I think Don would totally win. I guess that's as close as I'm going to decide on an answer. If I think of a game that fits, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the insidious puzzle!
MidnightHeir chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Aw, I've read the story and I've read the reviews and my gut did say Karai, because naturally conquests are usually equated to battles, and that is what one would expect.

But on reflection a bigger part of me thinks its April, specifically responding to their early days and getting to know each other. Thus, in a way she would have beaten them all down by winning their trust.

I can 'hear' both women's voices telling this story, one with delightful malice and the other with a little more humour. I do so enjoy a story that gives you room to think.

-Hel
Michael J Angelo chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Nope! I understand! I liked it! Great job!
lost-katana chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Kame- this is beyond awesome.

I love how you relate their downfalls to the very traits that are often viewed as a good thing/what fans like the most.

I have a feeling that the speaker is Karai, but perhaps I'm wrong. Either way, it means more that it's a woman to me. The whole 'woman's wrath' kind of thing. It really makes an impact.

Great job!
Tori Angeli chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Okay, now I feel better about the three-sentence fic I've had in my head for weeks. Nice job!
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Eh?

At first I scoffed at one reviewer's guess that it was April. I was pretty sure this was Karai's voice.

Then, I read it again, and - I have to agree with KameTerra. April it is.

But, how did she conquer them? That's the real question, yes?

Or, maybe I AM right and it is Karai. Mike is trusting - she could have fooled him, tricked him, promising a life-time supply of pizza.

Raphael, impulsively roaring into a trap, hell-bent-for-leather (and where, pray tell, did that saying ever come from?), and not taking care to evaluate the situation carefully.

Donatello could be caught unawares by laying an intricate trap involving lots of mysterious codes, equations, and lots and lots of wires. . . and. . . other stuff. Not sure how one can fool a genius, but - could happen.

Then, Leonardo. . . not born yesterday. Can strategize as well as Don can theorize, out foxing the fox takes another equally cunning fox. Karai could do it.

Or, maybe it was Venus.

Or April, again.

0-0

Lots of possiblities, here. Good stuff t'get us thinking.

Nice job! Short, but nice.

Be blessed,

Rene'
54Viruses chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Um...

I'm going to go for the silly here but

APRIL! I always knew she was the matchmaking type!
Winged Monkey chapter 1 . 3/8/2008