Reviews for Someday
MicheleKuchiki chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
OMG! I loved this! Hope you write another Akira x Yuya!
jessenia234 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
i like it
scaragh chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Ah...this is excellent! A truly satisfying dose of YuyaAkira goodness! Thanks so much!
Silverone chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
You have a really cute idea here and honestly could make a full length story out of this. I can think of many reasons that Yuya never learned to use a sword: as a woman of common blood it was a illegal for any man who wasn't a samurai to carry one and before she met Kyo, Yuya only had to deal with normal humans who would easily be deterred or even killed by a gunshot wound. There's also the fact that it takes years of practice to become as good as any of the other characters. And a lot of blood and pain. Just look at Mahiro. That being said, as a normal human woman, Yuya would be at a disadvantage with a sword which would put her in close combat. She'd be better off with something like a naginata, which was the traditional weapon of Samurai wives in ancient Japan since it put distance between them and much stronger male opponents. Sorry for the tl;dr. I just think it's an intriguing question to think about.

I have my doubts that Yuya would be so convinced that only a few people care about her. Unless you're going with her being in one of those angry, irrational "nobody loves me" moods. Also, Akira doesn't completely think of her as a damsel exactly. A burden yes, but like most of the group, he does acknowledge her emotional strength. I also have my doubts that Yuya could actually hit him like that. Surprise him yes, but not actually land a blow. Yuya's not even close to his level, so it's okay to reflect that. I also feel that she actually does have more options for training that just Bontenmaru and Akira and I doubt that anyone else would laugh in her face, not cruelly anyways.

My only other complaints are that you have a couple of spelling errors that can be caught on a simple read through and that the changes in pov are a bit confusing.

I like the idea though and everyone seems pretty in character for the most part. Though it would have been nice to know what had put Yuya into her bad mood and what made her suddenly want to learn swordsmanship. It could have been interesting to see her thought process.

It was a cute story though and it's been a while since I've enjoyed an Akira/Yuya fic. Hell, just seeing a fic where Yuya has a spine and isn't Kyo's brainless sex bunny is a plus.
Propapanda Ganda chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
nice story! that was rather sweet! but i do wonder, why yuya doesnt know how to use a sword even though i just read the story... lol , keep up the good work!