Reviews for Hakumei
renextronex chapter 1 . 9/16/2021
I strongly suggest you add some words at the beginning about the workings of fate, karma or something to that effect. The fact that those 6 just so happened to be there to see the Hokage die is just too damn convenient and a vague statement about it being the workings of fate would actually make it easier to swallow
Azla Hashi chapter 2 . 9/1/2021
I'm confused. Why didn't anyone recognize the byakugan while they were travelling?
sesshomarurules01862 chapter 5 . 8/3/2021
omg mudpuppies
KirakoshiShinogaya chapter 2 . 7/17/2021
damn when I was 6 I remember falling off a tree.
That's practically all I remember for 1st grade :/
Spirit Seer chapter 33 . 7/3/2021
My brain's a little dead right now, so I'm sorry if any of this comes out convoluted, but thank you for a very engaging read! It's a very unique fork in the road, and I very much enjoyed the ride. I had a little difficulty suspending my disbelief over Sarutobi having and carrying some of the scrolls that he gave to the kids, and there's a part of me that still wonders how he and Danzo never sensed the kids, but I'm very willing to suspend any disbelief because the story that grows out of it is really well done.

It's difficult to manage large casts without losing track of them. Some characters will naturally have more development than others, but overall, I think that the large cast was managed well to give each their turn. My first read through, I had some difficulty with all the final battle scenes and I was concerned that there was some drag, but for my second readthrough, I think they flowed from one to another just fine. I could keep track of the AU changes well, and the twists made sense to me. I liked the additions to the cast, like Zabuza. Zabuza as a Jonin-sensei who showed affection through "spars" was gold. I loved Itachi just walking into the tea shop. That was great; I'm so happy that he and Sasuke found each other. I'm still laughing over Tsunade calling the kids "mudpuppies," lol. I know that you said that you probably wouldn't write it, but it would be gold to read the Shinigami coughing up Minato.

The omakes added so much extra color to the story, from the Ninja Puffs that grew a plant with Ninja Puff seeds when left to itself to Itachi finding Hakumei fighting over his Akatsuki cloak so that they could each see how they would look while evil, lol. They were so much fun.

Hakumei as a whole wraps up nicely, fulfilling their motto and consequently leaving more than enough room to grow into Shippuden for Kakumei. If you ever return to continue Kakumei, I'm very interested in how you continue to develop Hakumei, characters and abilities and setting, as the battle against Danzo resumes and begins against Akatsuki (they'll have to clash at some point, given that they have 1/3 of the jinchuuriki in their ranks!) and whether or not Kiba gets to join the rest of the Rookie 12. I'm also interested in seeing how Yumi continues to develop now that she's in Akatsuki and what her Mangekyo powers are.

Sorry, I'm not getting as specific as I would like so I'm probably just repeating variations of "I really liked this," but I wanted to thank you for a really wonderful read. It's a great ride. I hope that you're doing well and keeping safe right now, whichever writing projects you're currently working on, and happy writing!
DarkQuartz chapter 21 . 6/23/2021
the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape was written by Shakespeare
llamaballsjuice chapter 7 . 5/29/2021
I can imagine sadness and sorrow playing rn
Tobi78 chapter 5 . 5/1/2021
just amazing
Bookmarked Favorites chapter 1 . 3/11/2021
I was interested until all of that garbage about pairings was added at the end. There is no need to dump a ton of random romances into a solid concept. If your asking for suggestions on who should be making out for no reason, then you shouldn't be adding any couples at all. Just stop.
PacificAmazon chapter 4 . 2/9/2021
It's kinda hard to imagine Neji stealing but I think I've got the picture now. Neji is running away from the scene of his crime, his face constantly a mask of seriousness and probably muttering "it's your destiny to be stolen from by me" to boot.
Nad19 chapter 18 . 2/6/2021
geez sasuke.. why ever you said that?
Nad19 chapter 13 . 2/6/2021
i bet the last one was iruka, or is it too farfetched?
Nad19 chapter 13 . 2/6/2021
i say they're still chunnin level at least, i hope that's enough
Nad19 chapter 7 . 2/5/2021
i am pretty sure it was izanami? did i get wrong?
TheFandom1 chapter 4 . 1/21/2021