Reviews for Conclusive Evidence
Eisha NaI chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I wish I could form some sort of unique review, but everything I felt while reading has already been expressed by the others before me. Beautiful work; simple as that.
666 Lady Luckless 999 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
This is a beautiful story, and I really loved the ending lines. I liked how Phoenix switched mindsets, taking Edgeworth's death as a friend then thinking as an attorney as it became too much to dwell on. Sorry, did that make sense? X3 Props to you.
SoWrightSoWrong chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Oh, this makes me sad to read. I like how straightforward the prose is - it's absolutely perfect for something like this.

"As his own heart thumped sharply, counting the missing beats of Edgeworth’s..." I find that to be an amazing line for some reason, as well as the last one; it's really heart-wrenching. Augh!

Needless to say, excellent job.
JadeDixon chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
This piece is extremely powerful. Phoenix's detachment hurts as you read it (and re-read it) because we know from the games that he *feels* intensely, he's not the type to let things just wash over him. If he does, well, "still waters run deep" comes to mind.

The way you set this up, the reader knows very early on what has happened but, like Phoenix, we're not prepared to accept it without proof. For me, I have a policy of "they're not dead unless you see the body", so once Phoenix entered the morgue I had my proof. It made Phoenix's continued denial and subsequent test more heartbreaking.

While the last line was wonderful, and brought everything together perfectly, my favourite line was when Edgeworth "looked neither surprised nor pained at the outcome of Phoenix’s test". It really hits home that Edgeworth isn't there anymore.

It's obvious you put a lot of effort into writing this story, and I just wanted to thank you for sharing it. I enjoyed reading it (and thinking about it) a lot.
StillTicksAway chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
It's mechanical, an excellent tone for the written work. I wonder that you made it so sad.
maak chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
!

Very good.

Very sad. But good. I really liked your references to court terms, evidence, things like that, throughout. The last two lines were perfect clinchers.

What's sadder is that that last sentence lets us know that he wasn't Phoenix's friend. Bittersweet.

What's said and what isn't said were very important factors in this ficlet, too, I believe.
Rahh Gumba Foo chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Oh dear. This was great! I love the descriptions, the darkness, and everything about this story. You're an awesome writer!
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
This is rather amazing writing. I don't know how you could continue the story from here, but I honestly hope you do.
Popo-Licious chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Oh my goodness! This was so beautiful and sad! D: I love the way you switched from Phoenix the lawyer to Phoenix the human being in a few spots, especially at the end where he breaks down in the hallway... This was lovely, truly.