Reviews for In Human Nature
Dsman chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
oh yeah i read this fable
Daki92 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Wow, very morbid, especially since it\s 2 little girls but i can see this happening and that is what makes a story memorable
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Wow... creepy, disturbing, yet... very well done. I salute you.
Azulera chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Okay... Now that I'm over my initial shock, I just have to say... Brilliant.

I'm a big fan of Shego, and although I doubt she ever was or ever will be "good", I seriously doubt she was ever truly evil, but this fic is still brilliant in so many ways.
yui1808 chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
well there's a possibility that this might really take place in any given situation... i want to call you evil while reading the part where shego killed their kids (did she really killed them consciously?) but then i realized that she has a point so i won't call you evil... anyway shego's been evil before and like i said there's a possibility... people do believe that "a snake will always be a snake." thanks for reminding me that while reading the story... thank you...
A Markov chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
OK, we're back to creepy. Maybe I sould start reading the category you put these things into.

Amazing level of suspense and dread. Your narrative drew me in and even though I knew that I wouldn't like the end, I had to get there.

Alex.
storyreader51 chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Holy...
Thepillows93 chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
HOLY SHIT :O
Karon19 chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I love that fable too. Goes to show we cannot deny our nature for too long before it takes control.

Knight
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
So to put it simply, Shego killed her own daughters because of her nature?

Thats cold, no scract that that is simply cruel.

Just as the scorpion was.

Yet I cannot deny that is was good.. there HAS to be a moral to this... I just cant figure out what it is, can you?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
RickQWERTY chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
One word CHARACTERIZATION!

What caused Shego's actions?

"I'm evil!" doesn't cut it, in order for someone to act in this way there must be some deep psychological problem with Shego and she never exhibit any symptoms in the show that that's the case. Her evil actions seem to stem from a rebellion against her brother (and by consequence all authority) as well as a search for an escape from boredom (she's an adrenalin junkie although not as bad as Kim).

So I don't see this as possible and that means all your work (and I've to give you credit for some great writing) on this story fails because suspension of disbelief can't be achieved unless you are predisposed to accept Shego's capable of committing the coldblooded murder of her daughters. In other words your story only works for those that hate the paring and that is a shame because there is good stuff in it.
Jason Barnett chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I'm no fan of KiGo, but I don't think of Shego as that type of evil. Her evil is just, well she's selfish. But I'm the kind of person who didn't quite buy the Supreme One cause I think she's to lazy to take over the world.
Catrlgirl chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I liked it wel written and deep. I look forward to what Made Shego snap. Was it Kim's absence? Or some other unknown factor. Good work.
StarscreamReborn chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Wow, dude, I really ahve no wrods to describe this.. i mean.. Shegos reaction and such, brilliant, really brillant.
Limby chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Wow! Nice look at coming to terms with one's nature.

Don't get me wrong, the story was disturbing, mostly because I can kind of see it happening. Kim in her Kimmie-ness would refuse to except Shego as truly evil, even though Shego fully acknowledges that part of her. Shego, while not typically, 'THAT evil' has her own internal demons to fight, and I could see her realizing she was about to loose it. Coming to Kim for help, and Kim choosing to remain blind until it was too late.

I know in today's PC world we like to believe if we all talk softly and sing a couple rounds of 'Give Peace a Chance', we will reach oneness and harmony with everything around us. The problem is, if you spend enough time in the wild hugging bears, sooner or later one of them is going to figure out, your made of meat. It's just the nature of the bear.

That said here are a few ideas. (Not that your story needs anything added or subtracted, but truly unique stories like this one always gets my brain churning.)

Why did Shego kill the kids? (She convinced herself they were in danger, or the air became poisoned and in an act of 'over protectiveness' she smothered them. A very sad and disturbing idea, but one would shift Shego from Evil to Unwell.)

Any chance for a happy ending? (Being the kind of guy that sees a room full of poop and thinks 'Pony!', here is an idea. Ron, remotely sensing danger to Kim's kids, manages to remotely put the girls in a state of suspended animation until he can physically arrive to help.)

Sorry for he long reply, you just got me thinking a lot.

P.S. I'd love to see a follow up to your story "When 'Sleepwalking' Goes wRonGo"