Reviews for It Only Hurts When I Breathe
white pedal chapter 3 . 11/30/2012
You really bring Conquestshipping to life:) I love this couple so much:)
The Majesty of Snotlout chapter 3 . 4/5/2010
amazing mate m loved it
daemon-angelus chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
I'm most impressed with the thought you put into creating Valon's backstory (like the name of the city he came from) truly blown away by the attention to detail and the appropriateness of those details :D

Awesome piece, I really liked Mai and Valon's interactions :D
silverfire113 chapter 3 . 4/1/2009
Love this story.

You should write more about this (if you haven't already?) I'd be curious as to what you think Valon's opinion of Hello Kitty would be lol

You are awesome!
Demented Insane Spirit chapter 3 . 5/7/2008
omg omg omg! This is such a nicely written story. I don't usually read this couple, but this is SO good. I clicked on it randomly and was given an orgiastic exprerience!

Okay, not quite THAT big of an experience. LOVED IT
emeralddarkness chapter 3 . 4/2/2008
Wow, excellent.

You know, I've never been able to decide if I like polarshipping or conquestshipping better I suppose it depends on how they're written. This was written VERY well and is VERY good as a result.
expletive deleted chapter 3 . 3/18/2008
The way you treated Valon's past was wonderful. It's real and raw and brings home that yes, the things that happened to him were designed to break him, and did just that. I love the last few paragraphs endlessly.
darkrunner chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
Aww, it's over! I was hoping for another epic Scribbler masterpiece, like Schadenfreude (sp?). _;; But this was AMAZING. Why can't there be more awesome Mai (and Varon) fanfiction like this? Still would've liked Jou, but that was the best (and second, for that matter) Varon fanfic I've ever read. I did very much appreciate the little bit about Jou and Shizuka at the beach, though. So at least he EXISTS in this universe, if he isn't one of "the gang".

That was so GOOD. Thanks so much for the great read!
MyAibou chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
WONDERFUL! Oh, I nearly wept at the beach scene with Jou and Shizuka! I love when you show little glimpses of them, even though they're not a part of this AU. :(

More brilliant descriptions, like the ashes with cotton candy, and the description of Yugi as having a bullseye on his heart and wearing it around his neck. You have such a way of making stories come alive through the descriptions you use.
darkrunner chapter 2 . 3/11/2008
I dunno if you could tell this from my reviews on all your fics or from my youtube videos (did you see the polar one?) but I am a HUGE polarshipper. I am the biggest polarshipper I know. Of all the pairings that involve Jou and Mai that AREN'T polarshipper, and therefore detract from my pairing, the ones I hate the most are puppyshipping, conceitshipping, and conquestshipping (Mai x Varon). Yet, I LOVE THIS FIC. This is amazing! How do you write this well? Are you born with it or is it just from years and years of practice? Because it's amazing. I'd love to be able to write this well.

Despite the fact that I hate conquestshipping as a pairing, I like the way it's playing out in this fic. The whole "Mai hates him but still saves his life" thing echoes the things I love about polarshipping. (Jou with Mai's starchips, for example) I can't help it; I love relationships that start as hate and develop to love. (as my film teacher says, conflict is more interesting than agreement)

Anyway, GREAT FIC! Can't wait for the next chapter!
MyAibou chapter 2 . 3/11/2008
I'm like Mai. You're making me LIKE Valon, annd I don't want to!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Rubik's cube- go to YouTube. Found a couple of videos that can help with that. Dunno the URL though.

Nice dialouge with Mai and Valon. Lemme tell you, this isn't done much. Much liked for the change.

Keep writing!
expletive deleted chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I love this relationship and I love your take on it and I LOVE THIS FIC. The descriptions are amazing - Valon as gay biker of the Apocalypse had me laughing, and Valon's entire body equated with a knuckle seems exactly right. Also Mai's dislike of him being based mostly on her own weakness at the time of their acquaintance. Really the whole thing is wonderfully in character and what I've wanted from fandom for so. long.
darkrunner chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
_ Scribbler, you evil genius! Where's Jou? I get all excited because the email alert says it's a fic about Mai (and Valon) but Jou's not in it...

But it was so amazingly good that I read it anyway. I've never read any of your "Anzu gets the puzzle instead of Yugi" fics, so I had a hilarious time picturing Anzu with Yami hair. I'll have to go back to your other fics and see how that actually happens.

Awesome fic! Thanks for the great read! (How I wish I could write like this) Can't wait for the next chapter!
Distant Glory chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Right. Well. I hope you're happy, now I'm going to have to draw something from this rather than from Unforsaken like I originally planned. I'm thinking the loveable screwball line, or maybe Valon doing his Amelda/Hulk impression - which, by the way, was made of win and awesome and had me bracing myself against the computer desk giggling like a maniac.

See you next chapter!