Reviews for Nothing But Blue Sky
MegaMindMaze chapter 8 . 7/26/2014
Just three words: I love it! I read it for the second time now and it's just so beautiful. I think the idea of Data and Geordi getting caught in a program, designed to make Geordi see and make Data able to feel is really wonderful. It made me so sad when Data had to give up that dream of humanity and I think you just wrote the story so convincing (and I mean that it didn't feel wrong to read it, like it does sometimes with other Star Trek fanfics), that I wished it wouldn't be only 8 chapters long.
But you did a really good job with this fanfic and I look forward to read more of your stories :)
singlecrow chapter 8 . 6/20/2014
I feel like I may be just sending breathless reviews to you for a while as I read through your back catalogue? (Apologies if it's tiresome, and do let me know if so.) But I love this story, utterly and completely. Oh, Data! I think the human Data would be exactly like this - sarcastic, ridiculous, kind of a jerkass but, oh, driven by love and intellectual passion. I love how much he loves Geordi and, ah, Tasha (his description of much he loves her despite her smelly sports bras and boots breaks my heart). I love that he throws Picard against a bulkhead and *bites* Worf! But goodness me, I adore this story, and it broke my heart again in the resolution. I understand why you did it, of course, but, oh, Data. Deanna's right that he did it out of spite, and spite, after all, is human. This is a fabulous story, thank you for it.
Grrlaus chapter 8 . 1/25/2014
I love this! It's sad, and poignant, and I can't help imagine Brent as the human Data being all multi-faceted, rude and having lots of human faults but also a great capacity for love. Data's choice at the end killed me a bit, but it is a logical decision and thusly a very Data-thing to do. I love his friendship with Geordi here! And I love the Life on Mars-feels! One of my fav shows.
Rowena Zahnrei chapter 7 . 7/20/2013
Intriguing. :)
adelineadrenaline chapter 8 . 2/24/2012
That was beautiful.
Northshore chapter 8 . 11/14/2011
I finally read this story (I had been meaning to for a long time, but somehow forgot where it was!) and loved every line. I like the dialog, I LOVE the concept, I like the surprises - which I won't list here in case someone reads the reviews first!

I didn't mind the swearing. I thought it was appropriate in context.
tandeki chapter 8 . 9/11/2011
waaaaaow... That was incredible..

I don't usually read these sorts of fics but BOY am I glad I did this time.. geez..talk about a sci-fi fantasy trip..that ride was AMAZING... the personalities, the actions, the flow, the pacing, the timing, the scenarios, the thoughts, the emotions, the perspectives, the depth- ALL of it, was just incredible...that's the only word that keeps coming to the forefront of my mind, incredible.. and amazing.. fascinating.. Intriguing.. Engaging.. Well written.. Wonderfully executed.. Astounding.. Masterfull.. okay now the words just keep piling out.. guess I just needed a flood gate breaker, haha, but seriously, these are all the things that are just coming to me after experiencing this story. I just feel.. alive..

It's so interesting this 'after effect' I have from this, it's kind of hard to describe.. but it's just.. I'm so glad I could read this kind of story and really be able to fully enjoy it, I feel like I have been privileged to view something so exquisite and fantastic. If this were a book I could buy, I would purchase it faster than a heart beat. To read it over and over would be stupendous (not that I can't do that right now either way but I'm sure you know what I mean).

To be able to share it with the world feels like it both shouldn't be done

(so that it can remain precious and cherished and 'discovered' by more and more to come)

and should be done

(so that many many people could feel and experience this kind of integral, meaningful and admirable writing)

This style of writing will be one I can gladly remember and hold dear always, this piece of work is definitely well worth all this praise and much more and again I am so glad I was able to find it (and read it) and I feel better for it. Knowing there really are some talented people out there who can do some real good work. Intensely grateful for you sharing your imagination and excellent story telling skills. (also sorry this review turned out so LONG, fully unintentional I assure you, haha).

Job well done _~ (beyond belief)

tandeki chapter 7 . 9/11/2011
oh...
tandeki chapter 6 . 9/11/2011
the first thing that just popped into my mind was "wow..this is intense.." but I'm not done yet~ still 2 chapters to go :3
Vanidot chapter 8 . 3/15/2011
I'm not exactly happy with the ending (or the f words) but over all it was a cute story. I liked it though it could have been a better read without the use of the most vulgar curse word in the English language but that's just me; other than that it was good.
MissCrowley chapter 8 . 9/2/2010
Okay, this has got to be my favorite Next Gen fan fiction! I was amazed at how well the story was written, and how much vivid imagery I got throughout the whole thing! I could see everything happening as if it were supposed to be another Star Trek movie.

Excellent work, and I'll be sure to read this one again, plus I'm passing it on to a few of my friends that would enjoy a good story :)

No criticisms at all here! All I can see are the pros of this work, and all I have left to say is this: write more and keep up the amazing work! You have great talent, and I would love to see it more!
Silly like a fool chapter 8 . 6/29/2009
I have to say, i loved this story. It was brilliant, original and interesting. The characterisations were spot on, and i really like your take on what Data would be like human. A little bit of humour here and there made this story so much like actualy star trek, only more fun!

I'm currently reading rollercoaster, and loving that too. As much as i love to leave constructive criticism, all i can say is that you're a fantastic author

]
christinesangel100 chapter 8 . 6/24/2009
That story was great! I liked it when Riker was just being insulted and loving it because it was Data-and how when Data had the argument with Deanna and stormed out of the office she was proud.

Thank you for writing such a great story. It was really good when he thought he was going crazy, and then he didn't cry when 'Mary' died.

Anyway, basically, well done! It was great!
lokiwolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
God I love this story. It's so damn sad though. Just dropping by to review it because I don't think I did when I read it. Silly me...
FangFan chapter 8 . 9/23/2008
What a rollercoaster of a fic this turned out to be! I read it all the way through without stopping once. I was riveted to the computer screen. It's rare to find very much new Next Gen. fanfic these days (*sigh*). It's even more rare to find something as wonderfully well-written as this. I'm in awe of your talent.

I think that we all pretty much knew that Data had emotions long before the emotion chip was installed. They may have been deeply buried, repressed and hidden in some way from Data himself, but I think it was quite evident that they existed. I always wondered why the other characters never contradicted Data's insistent belief that he didn't possess any feelings. Maybe it was easier that arguing with a stubbron android. :) I think this fic illustrates this idea beautifully. All of the characters are so well-drawn that I can almost hear them speaking these lines of dialgue. Data in his human fantasy mode is fascinating. I loved Riker's response to snarky smart-ass Data. I think his character assessment was spot on. But, for me, the most touching aspect of this story is Data's recreation of his relationship with Tasha and his need to delete his memories of this fictional history.

Rambled on FAR longer than I meant to here. Just wanted to thank you for sharing your talent. I hope you continue to give us more Next GEn stories. PLEASE?