Reviews for What Do You Think I Am, Dim?
TheDarkKunoichi chapter 3 . 5/24/2014
Wow, this is actually good! I wonder when Aberforth's going to fall head-over-heels-in-love with her. And what would Albus' comments be if he found out? Now THAT'S interesting.

You know what? I'm beginning to notice that almost every story in here about the Dumbledores depict Albus as an intelligent, responsible, know-it-all, Aberforth a natural rebel and Ariana as the sweet, innocent one. Not that it's a bad thing. Actually, it IS the true nature of the characters. But sometimes, the other fics exaggerates it. Albus becomes sterner and an uptight git (no offense to fans), Aberforth acts like he's gonna explode at any moment, and they depict Ariana as very stupid and helpless! But here, I really love your depiction of the characters. you got all the Dumbledores spot on! No one's OOC, and that girl's not acting at all like a Mary Sue. In other words? It's. Freakin. PERFECT.

The Dumbledore brothers are charming lads who are forced to be mature at a young age. Who wouldn't like them? I myself have a crush on both of them. (The teenagers, not the old ones) And you depicted the both of them here quite naturally. I would LOVE to see the continuation of this. PLEASE UPDATE! Don't tell me you forgot about this? Please? :(
StarryEyedReader chapter 3 . 6/5/2009
This is a very nice story, you've captured the siblings well. It's very promising, I hope you would continue it.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 3 . 5/9/2008
Please don't fail maths, that will suck for both you and us...

Anyway, beautiful chapter. I love the way you hint at things, such as Abe and Al beginning to go their seperate ways and Ari asking about her mother, without going into great detail. Very subtle, and very effective. ;)
JV chapter 3 . 5/7/2008
Please update soon! I love it so far! Arianna is such a dear. I hope you don't fail math class! I'm trying not to as well... Good luck to the both of us, I guess.
ominix chapter 3 . 5/4/2008
great work, keep it up.
anie chapter 3 . 5/4/2008
aw, so cute! ;)

anie.
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
*LE GASP* An *actual* plot? XD

I love how you started this with Albus and Aberforth sort-of bickering. Like, not really, but just the banter between them was really good. Your dialogue flows really naturally, which is nice.

And I also liked that Aberforth wanted to guilt Al a bit before going to get Ari. The slight tension between the brothers is really well-written; it's subtle, but it's definitely *there.*

[...one of which started with an ‘f’ and made Ariana laugh when she heard him mutter it.]

-grin- I really love how we learn about characters like Ariana and Albus through these little indirect statements.

[“Ariana Grace Dumbledore!”]

Oh, I love, love, LOVE that her middle name is Grace! It seems, at least to me, to be such a sweet and pure name, and it suits her perfectly!

[Wonderful, she’s a Muggle, and she encouraging Ari to climb more trees.]

That should be "...and she's encouraging Ari..." But I do like that they were maybe climbing trees together.

And I like Viv's character; she likes Ariana, which is important for any potential girlfriend to Abe. And she's really...she's not afraid to tell it like it is, which is always good. And she doesn't seem like a Mary-Sue, and that, of course, is always good.

-Kyota
fauves chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
This was very cute again! You've done a great job!

Pinky_x
fauves chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Aww this was very cute Love!

Pinky_x
OwlofNight chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
eh, i think its alright so far, i really like to see where it might go
stella8h8chang chapter 2 . 3/16/2008
Excellent second chapter! Cute title. I thought of two things.

1. The reference to the wolf in sheep's clothing (obvious)

2. The Devil Wears Prada XD

I love the sly little references to Gellert. And yes, Aberforth is very endearing (behaving just like a boy in his mid-teens), as are the hints of future romance.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 2 . 3/15/2008
*huggles and emoticon love* ;)

I really enjoyed this chapter, although I do think that Abe would have been a little more hesitant about having a Muggle girl in his house. *plot bunny for Love's fic* Gellert and Viv meeting would be hilarious. ;)

Rambling aside, your characterisations are amazing and I'm really enjoying every minute of them.
Merakien chapter 2 . 3/15/2008
Haha, that girl is pretty witty. I like her and approve of their blooming romance. D I hope the next chapter is as good as this one was, because then this could develop into one of my favorite stories on here! :)
runningfingers chapter 2 . 3/15/2008
I like Ariana's friend! She did a great job standing up to Abe!
Avindara Nirvene chapter 2 . 3/15/2008
wonderful :) love this. *wonders what they are doing*

*doesn't have time to write a long review*

anie.