Reviews for Glimpses of Happiness
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 6/27
Enjoyed the story.
Ai chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
This story put a constant smile on my face. Thank you :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
The pretty boy but made me laugh out loud!
MalikaiDragonSlayer chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
This was an adorable story thanks for writing
Rose Crowess chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
That was precious! I loved it, the kids were so cute and Cloud was very in character. Well done.
serenbach chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
"In fact, Tifa loved a lot of things that were lost and miserable." Aw. That's such a lovely line.

I really enjoyed this, I liked how Cloud is starting to find happiness in all the normal things of life. Also, naming the cat Yuffie was awesome. :)
kitsune13 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
this was really, really good. How could I have missed it? Such a simple concept, almost careless and yet the way you wove in the family dynamics and frankly the inner Cloud's thoughts and emotions - no quick fix but he's working and its working and they're working together - this was just a really amazing character study considering you chose such a simple situation. Amazing job on Cloud and Denzel and Marlene's relationship was spot on. Beautiful job on Tifa too. I'm just all around amazed and delighted with this snippet. What a beautiful job you did. Absolutely keep it up!
P.P.V.V chapter 1 . 1/31/2009

:D :D :D

Okay, so I'm TOTALLY going about this wrong.

I can't believe I'm reading your stories BACKWARDS lol! This is your very first fic, and yet I am reading it the very last. O.O

LOL! In all truth, I completely overlooked it. I honestly thought that I had read them all.

Imagine my delight at reading your response to me that said that you had written one about a kitten and I was like "uh...kitten? WHAT?" and then I was all: "YAY I HAVEN'T read them all yet!"

Just out of curiosity, do you listen to songs while you write? Or do you need a quiet atmosphere?

Aw, that's so great - your husband jokes with you about fanfiction. That's awesome! I want a husband who doesn't mind me writing. :)

As for being a neurosurgeon...I was already in classes when I realized that...I can't stand watching people getting cut...much less do it myself. I decided to go to Pharmacy after that...but then I realized that no matter how good I am at the sciences, it's not for me.

I'm in school for languages now and I'm gonna be a teacher. I teach on the side right now so that I can have some experience. :)

Anyway, that aside, onto the actual review:

Even though this was your first story, it was so good. I guess I can only come to expect that from you. And you can see how you’ve grown as a writer too. :) It was touching how Cloud interacts with the children. I like how you write him…protective enough, but still unsure of what he’s doing. I think all males are like that, though. I think women are more naturally inclined to knowing and understanding what children want and feel.

I have always wanted a cat, but I’m allergic to those too. Ah, my life…

I think having Cloud as an older brother would be SO awesome! (sorry, random thought!) have you ever thought of writing Cloud as an older brother, now that I mentioned it?

Okay, so anyway, I love 2 things about this story the most. Marlene’s lines are just precious: Cloud looking too pretty to be a man, and then calling their cat Yuffie :P

Awesome once again. I’m completely inspired by you. I think I can go back to writing my stories again because you helped my uninspired muse. Thank you a million and one times over!

Here’s another review for you, because you so deserve it.

Keep them coming, many happy reviews!

punkiemonkie chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Another wonderful story. :3 I love the crack about Cloud being pretty; poor guy. XD The line about Tifa loving things that are lost and miserable is perfect, it made me smile. _ I really like the way you write Denzel and Marlene into your stories, they’re always so cute. And Yuffie is the best name for that cat. XD Lovely job once again! :D
RAND22 chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Nice story. As much i like the way Cloud and Tifa fit, it's a slow gradual journey Cloud would take to adjusting to this family life. I guess it's yhose 'glimpses of happiness' that make it all worthwile.

purinai chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Aww.. Thats so sweet. ]]

*gives cookehs*
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Cute. Very cute. Excellent for your first FFIIV fic.
Kalisa chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Aw... this was the cutest, most realistic post AC Cloud I've every had the pleasure of reading. Keep up the good work, I enjoy it!
Fairheartstrife chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Hahaha. This was too cute! Loved it.
d'Anima chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
In fact, Tifa loved a lot of things that were lost and miserable.

Best. Line. Ever.

Oh, Cloud, how I love you. The way it was told from his indirect perspective was brilliant. His silly little views on things are hilarious, but ultimately his more serious ideas about happiness were IC as well. It's that sort of tender hopefulness he has, as if he's afraid to hope too much, and you've written that really well. The children's interactions with each other were really good too. Writing Denzel is difficult because for almost of the movie he was sick, so I think you've expanded on the hints we were given about his character quite a lot. And reading his case in OtWtaS would be beneficial too.

So once again, thanks for a really good story. I'm putting this on on my favourites list because you've gotten me squeeing. :)