Reviews for Days of Yore
crestoflight3 chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
That was beautiful to read. So deep, so meaningful...great job.
SnowLion no Miko chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This was really well written. I love how you got into Taichi's thoughts. This is a great little fic, and I would love to see more like this from you! :)
bookworm1080 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I don't know if I ever reviewed this story and I love it so much I find it inconceivable that I could not have done so before now. I've read it multiple times and it's always as amazing as I remember it. I love your characterization of Tai, and it's put just so simply that it's beautiful in that simplicity.

I may be biased, though, because it is exactly how I have always pictured him; he is my favorite character after all, even after all this time.

Those last two lines, though, have to be my favorite: "Still, you smile, and gravity prevails. Perhaps they were right in choosing you." Brilliant. Also, Kari? So true and I love it. Hope and Light went hand in hand? I practically turn to jelly at the perfection of just the simple statements you make like that. The imagery is beautiful, nothing complicated, just like Tai and I think I'm a bit obsessed with this story. So, yeah, kudos.
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
it's very interesting to read this right after "death of a faerie". the two started out similar but ended on such different notes. i love the hope in this one but also the loneliness of the other. again, great writing style.
Iorek Byrnison chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I must say that I absolutely LOVED this. Your style is so simple, but conveys so much. I've never looked at Taichi quite this way before. Great job!
Crazy With Happiness chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Amazing.
eternitysky chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
THIS made me fall in love with Taichi. I've only realized it now, but my recent affinity towards his character is all thanks to you. Wow.

I never get tired of your stories.
pranksta-4-lyf chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Again Wow. I love it. I love the way you've done it. And how you've shown what he feels. and Wow. It's great. keep up the Taichi-centric ones. They're wonderful.
flufflybunny chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Oh my god, that's so _beautiful_. I'm kind of hopped up on cold medicine and I'm a little bit feverish, but ugh my heart keeps flipping. Oh -Taichi-.

-melts-
king who chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Cool. Liked the way Tai's thoughts were gathered here and the way he motioned that Davis would soon suffer the same fate
BenignUser chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
This was fantastic. You really got deep into Taichi's soul.

At the beginning the narrator seems very mocking of Taichi, but I think it suits this style perfectly as you explore his path to maturity excellently. Mentioning of him being chosen without his knowledge fits perfectly.

Near the middle when you proceed into 02, however, it's more of telling. It doesn't seem you're really getting into how Taichi feels, just stating what he does and thinks. I think you could've done better with this part.

I do like that towards the end, the narrator takes a comforting stance towards Taichi; having to see his sister grow up, to not need him anymore certainly strikes him hard. And at the same time Taichi's bereft of love and you take it even a step further in mimicking this with his successor, Daisuke. It's a perfect turnaround from the start when your narrator doesn't forget to mention that the name Yagami Taichi now earns respect in this world. I love how it's put, that his name stands immortal.

The very last line, too, is wonderful. "Perhaps they were right in choosing you" - Is it they, the ones mentioned in the beginning, choosing him as the bearer of courage? Or they, his fellow Chosen, choosing him to lead? Or both, perhaps?

Striking. Very powerful. This is wonderfully written.
Devildelivery chapter 1 . 3/10/2008