Reviews for Whiplash
charmony chapter 12 . 8/1/2012
I have to admit to total confusion when I first read the first part of this story, but then as it progressed it started to make a horrific kind of sense. I was so glad that Simon and Jayne went back for Eve, and that Mal wasn't too angry about what they did. Loved how you ended the story, with Eve going to work with the Frye's. Just perfect, well done!
I-Am-Silence chapter 12 . 10/25/2010
I really enjoyed your story. It was a good simple read (not meant as an offensive remark) and you told a good story that hit some great emotional points!
BigT1587 chapter 12 . 12/20/2008
Pretty dang good. The only part that I had a problem with was toward the end when you had Jim do the actual rescue instead of Jayne. It's not really in Jaynes character to miss out on any kind of gunplay that might occur. Especially since he didn't really like Shultzer to begin with.
bharned1 chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Okay, I love the writing...but which one comes first? Is this one (Whiplash) the first one?
nadeshiko1 chapter 12 . 8/23/2008
This was a truly awesome tale!

It's so sad to think that there are hundreds of women and men just like Eve out in the world suffering at the hands of their spouse or partner. Glad to see that this one made it through!

As I said in the last chapter, Jayne may come off gruff, but just a big ol' teddy bear!
librarywitch chapter 12 . 8/15/2008
AH I am happy. Firefly fiction so well done! So glad I took a break from HP to check out some brown coats.
azarathangel chapter 12 . 4/10/2008
what? OH NO! i'm out of fics to read! gah! well this was an exceptional one! i love how river is getting back into action. i'd really like to see more of her in the future; you write her so well. and now that she's not popping out mini-mals or anything... haha. you are one talented writer and i hope to see more from you in the vERY near future! -Ash
azarathangel chapter 3 . 4/9/2008
hmm, scarlet letter meets serenity.. love it! so far so amazing!
koiia-halo chapter 12 . 4/3/2008
Yay, finished it. :D I loved how River threatened Eve's husband. She shoulda cut it off, he sure deserved it...
Serenity Hope chapter 12 . 3/28/2008
What? What am I supposed to do with all my imaginary spare time? I've read every single one of your fics now, and every other fic pales in comparison. What am I supposed to read now? Textbooks? Well done as always. Have to say I have been kinda hoping for a knock down drag out between Jim and Mal, just to clear the air ya know? Although it seems to much time has passed now. Perhaps a companion story? Can't wait for the next installment.
CanadianAbby chapter 12 . 3/25/2008
Speaking of real life creepin' up on a body and taking away from Firefly time, I finally got to read your last few chapters. Beautifully written as always :) I was hopin' to see more of the children (especially Anya), but I think you were right in keeping them in the background for this one, with the dark arc and all. I am sad that you won't be writing for a while, but gotta do what ya gotta do. Looking forward to the day when you are able to grace us with more stories. Until then, take care :)
penguinlover chapter 12 . 3/25/2008
Bravo. Loved it. Wonderful story-almost as good as watching Firefly itself!
Duk92 chapter 12 . 3/25/2008
Aww *tear* I think I'm gonna end up reading all your fics again, I love your work so much. I know how you feel though, real life has been invading my much loved reading/commenting on fanfiction.

On another note!

Loved the ending. Once again River saves the day. Poor Jim, it seems as if he's taking Mal's place in the injury category. Especially loved the last sentence.

In a 'poetical' way it kinda summed up all the fics you've written... so far.

Hopefully one day you'll return to this 'verse and pick up where you left off.

Until then,

Love Duk.

...P.S. Wow that sounded really sappy! :D
Whyt Wulf chapter 12 . 3/24/2008
OH NO! You can't leave us like that! We'll all miss you so much.

Thanks for all the wonderful stories, and I hope we've been able to return the favor (don't worry, I *promise* I'll get back to writing sooner or later!)

Oh, by the way, thanks for such a great story as your semi-final send-off. It was great, as usual.

Have I mentioned it's not fair for you to leave us like this? You've got (I believe) the longest-running, contiguous post-BDM 'Verse in the whole community, and it just doesn't seem right to see it end, even temporarily.

Once again, we'll miss you! (Good luck getting RL back under control, so you can come back to us. I know how hard it can be to get back in the groove.)
bladefax chapter 12 . 3/24/2008
Enjoyed the story very much...if you get bored write some more! I'll be waiting...