Reviews for The Great Divide
tin-a-holic chapter 1 . 6/25
Okay so this is like my 5th time reading this story ( because I love it so much) but I have to admit it is the first t
ime I truly read the paragraph where cain pulls her into an alcove and there are glass windows exposing calming greenery. I dont know if pregnancy brain was why I never noticed before or that for late night feedings I can only read stories that have me fully engaged to wake me up, or what but really so damn good! Also I can't believe I've never commented on this story before! Hope all is well ;)
Starviking chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I can understand what you were going for, but I just feel that DG came off as a bit too OOC for me. I dunno, I'm just too much of a happy-sappy person.
goblynn chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I wish I could write half as well. I was enthralled-this is *excellent*-clean, economical descriptions, believability, no one behaving OOC...fantastic.
Lauramichca chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This is a brilliant different perspective. Thank you for sharing it!
Dscully100 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Lovely. Very well done. I like that you didn't have either of them crumbling and running back to one another within a week. You had them dealing with reality - real people have to make their own decisions, for themselves. Not decisions based on fantasy and longing. You had them doing what they had to do, and coping with it - while suffering, slowly learning how to survive.

The pain doesn't ever completely go away, but it becomes less and less horrific, and more a part of your life.

Thanks for a great story.
Teldra chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Lovely piece!
angeloneous chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
I thought that this was a realistic take on how things could have gone when the movie ended. Thanks so much for sharing!
Danibat chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Wonderful! I only wish it was longer. I love these perspective stories where things do not shine brightly under the sun. Instead the world is gritty and we all must rise to meet challenges with results we do not always want. Great work!
tripwatcher2 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Terrific writing - so full of honest and true emotion and feeling! This is such a believable concept - that they would struggle and have such conflict in the months and even years after the witch was killed and Az was released. Very good job at getting into their heads and revealing their story to us! Loved it!
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
God, I'd forgotten how much I loved this story, and I just had to review it again. What a tearjerker, but not in a cheap way. The bookend quotes were perfect: One at the beginning, implying that Cain will be gone forever and DG will learn how to live without him-that scared me. Then the one at the end, underscoring that though she *can* live without him, they are meant to be together. What a lovely, heart-achy conclusion!

This is a deftly written story of love and forgiveness. Beautiful! Thank you!

Em
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Oh man.. this was a brilliant job of writing this! You tackled something that has bugged me (though sadly, I admit I'm doing it a bit myself) that Cain would automatically be DG's bodyguard out of nowhere. Now I can picture him possibly leading a group of guards.. but even now- no one has just one bodyguard if they're that important...it's just not logical lol

Anyway.. great great job..I'm gonna scamper over to the rest of your stuff now!
hana-ginkawa chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
I like this. DG, a strong person in her own right in the beginning, becoming stronger not just for herself but for the family she has. Very awesome to make her stronger instead of always depending on Cain. Love it!
aslgajhgjadfh chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
I don't know if I've ever gotten so much out of a oneshot before. It was amazing and done so well... I can't put into words what I'm trying to say hahaha... But it was damn GOOD. That works!
alizaleven chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Seriously.. seriously? That was amazing... I am so extremely happy that you shared it with me! :)
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
I absolutely LOVED this. You flipped around what is quickly becoming a pretty cliche in this fandom, and-gasp!-the characters actually... grew? Wow. I'm impressed. They grew and changed but they were still the characters we know and love, just in different circumstances. And it was real, and it was gut-wrenching, and it was very, very good.

This was a tearjerker! Three tissues, I tell you. I'd throw one away when I thought the tears were over, but the little buggers would return with another of your remarks about DG's brokenness or her remembering Cain. Their conversation at the end was tissue number three.

This was a beautiful, memorable, original story, and I utterly loved it.

Thank you so much!