Reviews for Strays
justjoe chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
A great piece. Really captured Derek quite well.
comicbooklovergreen chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Great story, loved the line about Sarah hitting Derek with a tequila bottle. Really well done.
fairedust chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I really like Dereks charactor. I thought you captured him beautifully. Yes, he is gruff and course. But lets face it, who wouldn't be somewhat if not completely hollowed out coming from where he does. I think you really humanized him. This is a man who not only lost his world but his only real human bond, Kyle. You can see his devotion to young John of the past - even though he know it is Connor of the future that makes him lose Kyle. He is rough and prickly but he still loves John.
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Man this was absolutely brilliant. You captured the symptoms of PTSD incredibly well.. they came across true to life for me.. Also, the steps of this surrogate family coming together were almost heart breaking, but again very very believable.. I'll definitely need to check out the rest of your stuff!
Dracaspina chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I have to say that this is probably one of the most believable pieces of fiction that I have read in this fandom. It is coherent, well written and I hope to see more of your work.
umino-gaara chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
This is probably the best TtSCC fic I've read so far. Thank you for sharing.
seek-to-enchant121584 chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Very, very good! I loved the idea behind this story and it was executed well. The depth of the characters (which were also portrayed almost perfectly) and the story line pulled me in right away. I never thought of any of them in that way (as strays) but it does make sense and fits. And I loved the promise of something yet to come with Sarah and Derek. A little hint of possibility but leaving the end open for us to let our imaginations run. Thanks and hope to see more along these lines!
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I really enjoyed this.

I love Derek and his dynamic with every other person on the show. He seems to fit so well, yet so uneasuly with the others, and you captured those emotions and unease amazingly well.
Chris St Thomas chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
A lot of interesting concepts in here: family, sense of belonging, loyalty, mission.

And a fairly close depiction of PTSD, too.

quite good
iimagineyou chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
This story is really good, I couldn't stop reading it (so if I'm late for work, I so blame you. ...kidding of course). I found myself reading this line outloud “Special Operations Command officer Reese deactivated 5 Terminators that way. He was the reason that the upgrade in plating was ordered."
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Loved this fic. I liked the family thread woven through out and I think the stray analogy is very fitting here.

Thank you for posting.

-Ellie
Embry chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
That was lovely! I really like it a lot!
astropixie chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I love the scenes with Derek. You do a great job with portraying what he's been through, and Sarah inviting him into their family was touching.

I was a little confused about why they were around Charlie at all, I was under the impression Sarah wanted him gone so he wouldn't get hurt. But other than that I liked this.