Reviews for Laying Judgment
ineedanewhandle chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
This is so beautifully twisted and horrific (well, moreso chapter 2 than 1). It flows very well and feels almost poetic. The pace is rather slow, which would be very difficult to trudge through if each segment was any longer than a one-shot.

Lovely depiction of Gin (if far more psychopathic than most) and Shunso with the chess match.

It seems to be a deadfic, but I truly hope you'll update soon, as the dynamic between Hisagi and Kazeshini is one I'd love to see explored in further depth.
Karoimirth chapter 2 . 8/30/2011
Your writing never fails to surprise me.

I'm out of words.
halas chapter 2 . 4/24/2010
hey there! loved it as usual! plz continue! gdluck and muah!D

-halas
The Black Crow chapter 2 . 3/10/2009
wow...

simply... wow...

Damn! I've never lacked words to praise a good story and yet... you left me speechless... Damn... wow...

No, seriously: this piece has stricken me deep! bulls eye, hook line and sinker, whatever you want to call it. I'm honestly mesmerized by the depth of both stories.

Soi Fong's was simply beautiful. Both the development of the character and the clashing feelings at the begging and end were AWESOME. A flowless evolve from one to the other. fantastic.

But Ichimaru's... oh Gods! Ichimaru's was, for lack of better word, POWERFUL! The insight in his character stunned me. It exuded Ichimaru Gin in every word! And the "face to face meeting" with Shinso was SUPERB! I particularly LOVED when the sword said "...But I guess you won, even though you cheated." Damn, you hit the nail there! They're above the rules and that makes them divine... so... so... -sighs-

I'm enamoured with your insight. I think you have one of the best judgement of this characters I've seen so far.

So yeah, I can't wait to see how this collection continues. And I must admit I'm squirming in my seat at the prospect of Shuuhei's story ;D

Hope see more of this soon!

See yA!
Paper Bullet chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Ahh, I positively love Soi Fon! She's probably my favorite Bleach female. Great job :D

Yeah, I was starting to think she was OOC, but then I thought back to how timid and child-like she used to be, so you hit the head on the nail ;)

Great job on this one!
Vibrant Spectrum chapter 2 . 9/20/2008
Me again. Beautifully written, with only minor spelling and grammar mistakes, all of which can be overlooked.

Not only that, but you were able to mix a very good use of words with a highly fascinating storyline (to me), which adds up to a amazing fanfic to read.

I look forward to the next chapter, but if you are busy, again, feel free to take your time.
IVIaedhros chapter 2 . 9/20/2008
I like how you portrayed Gin as so maliciously independent of anyone or anything, Aizen and his zanpakuto included. I look forward to Shuuhei and appreciate that you seem to be covering relatively minor characters. I just finished with my big Ukitake tribute and I'd like to do something for Aizen at some point. The bugger's tricky to keep from going cliche.

Thanks for the read.
Melitza chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Very nicely done. I think this might be considered just slightly AU, since in the manga Soi Fong's description of her childhood makes it sound as if she never really had any sort of a peaceful setup (6 brothers, all who died within their first three missions... all brought up specifically to be killers, etc.). Also, she had another name (don't remember it right now) before she took (was given?) the name Soi Fong...

But this aside, I think this works in that it helps to bring out and highlight that naivety and lack of aloofness that we see in her later. I like the development, and I especially like the way you weave in an actual panic at having a zanpakuto, and then her excitement and acceptance at the thought of being able to use it to protect Yoruichi.

A nice, chilling narrative, though, about one of my favorite characters from the Bleach fandom. (Soi Fong fangirl here... and not in the least because my name actually means honey bee, too! tee hee hee _).
Vibrant Spectrum chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Again, I am highly impressed by what I have just read. I think I'm addicted to your work. I don't think that either Soi Fong or Suzumebachi was OOC. In fact, I quite liked the way you portrayed them.

I can't wait for the next chapter. Take your time updating if you're busy, but please don't end this anytime soon.
mango-pudding11 chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
such an interesting start! wonderful perspective on Soi Fong's past! i am looking forward to the next installment! keep it up! update pls!
Chocobo-Angel chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Cant wait to read more, so update soon!
miss-emotive chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
This was absolutely beautiful. At first, I wondered how you could deliver something new to the story of Soi Fong, since they went over her backstory in the anime, but I'm glad to see that it certainly is different. The futher insight you gave, about how she was at first scared of answering her zanpakuto because it might tear her from Yoruichi is just so... natural. And I love how the disembodied voice if her sword's soul came from the sound of the bees' wings. I thought that was a touch of brilliant.

Can't wait to read more!
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I like the imagery of the flower fields...and I look forward to seeing Gin get mind raped by his own shikai.
eggrolljunkie99 chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Wow, I really look forward to the rest of this, It's really unique to try and write out the connections between a Zanpaktu and their Shinigami.